Railgun not accurate!!

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

v3rdi

Re: Railgun not accurate!!

Post by v3rdi »

lets hope the rail /net code gets kind of "fixed"

since now i can say

- its not accurate
- limited range
- delay
- odd handling compared to all other "instagib" weapons in all them other games (not saying its supposed to be the same but having a RAILGUN wich is not HITTING THE MIDDLE is kind of bad)
logiX verdi
verdi @ Facebook
my Stream @ twitch
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

This is French random. :D
v3rdi

Post by v3rdi »

kalstrams wrote:This is French random. :D
that makes me cry :<
logiX verdi
verdi @ Facebook
my Stream @ twitch
Teardrop

Post by Teardrop »

The rail only hits when the three little points are on the player. When a player is really far, it starts to be really difficult to have the 3 points on him.
nyquist

Post by nyquist »

Teardrop wrote:The rail only hits when the three little points are on the player. When a player is really far, it starts to be really difficult to have the 3 points on him.
Thats stupid. What if i have a different crosshair, which i have? This is not it! Its just not accurate at distances > 100m. Hitboxes are too small too. That adds.
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

Hit boxes are good. The hit area is different. Unlike, for example, Quake, in ShootMania accuracy of laser gun scales down proportionally with distance increase.

rissoxx

Post by rissoxx »

kalstrams wrote:Hit boxes are good. The hit area is different. Unlike, for example, Quake, in ShootMania accuracy of laser gun scales down proportionally with distance increase.

Are you sure about this? I mean it surely seems like there is something wrong. Sometimes you can shoot behind them and still hit them? I mean, if you hit somewhere on the target it should be a hit.
robs3n

Post by robs3n »

Can you explain your circles, please? i don't really understand them.
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

I mean that ShootMania's laser guns has spread. That is an undeniable fact, that, as it seems, has not been changed in Beta 1.1 patch. And it is what my illustration shows, on the same distance of x metres. It is informational and schematic, not precise.

Hitboxes are somewhat okay, I think there are weird things happening with hand animation (bigger than it should).
Adam1902

Post by Adam1902 »

Hmm, I haven't actually played with the railgun yet - was planning on trying a game of insta sometime today, but I'm still having too much fun on Battle.

If so, this will be quite a big deal to me. I was always a big insta player in Q3A (InstaFreeze), and instaCTF player in UT. A railgun not being 100% accurate, always hitting the exactly the dot in the center of the screen, isn't a railgun.

Hopefully, this is the way it was intended (it can always be changed with mods so not a problem :) ) and not a bug.

Return to “Shootmania”