Railgun not accurate!!

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

FrivolousSam

Re: Railgun not accurate!!

Post by FrivolousSam »

Cerovan wrote:There is no plan to give the possibility to modify the gameplay of the weapons for the moment (other thing that number of ammuntions, reload rate and the amount of damages i mean)
This is bad. This might even kill the game. It'll certainly limit it's potential as well as the creativity of various mods.
Find me in game as "Tobias"
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

no, it's just in the style of TM.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
rissoxx

Post by rissoxx »

FrivolousSam wrote:
Cerovan wrote:There is no plan to give the possibility to modify the gameplay of the weapons for the moment (other thing that number of ammuntions, reload rate and the amount of damages i mean)
This is bad. This might even kill the game. It'll certainly limit it's potential as well as the creativity of various mods.
No it wont kill the game. I agree its allways good with mods and so on, but shootmania is so good as it is right now. So its not needed to be modifyed. Its my opinion but I think alot of people would agree! There could might be a better version if there was mod tools but still I think the game is awesome as it is!
Froyd

Post by Froyd »

rissoxx wrote:No it wont kill the game. I agree its allways good with mods and so on, but shootmania is so good as it is right now. So its not needed to be modifyed. Its my opinion but I think alot of people would agree! There could might be a better version if there was mod tools but still I think the game is awesome as it is!
So you would rather stick with very limited modding capabilities just because the game is already good? Because as well as I'm sure many people think the game is already very good right now, many more think this game can, and should, be improved upon.
rissoxx

Post by rissoxx »

Froyd wrote:
rissoxx wrote:No it wont kill the game. I agree its allways good with mods and so on, but shootmania is so good as it is right now. So its not needed to be modifyed. Its my opinion but I think alot of people would agree! There could might be a better version if there was mod tools but still I think the game is awesome as it is!
So you would rather stick with very limited modding capabilities just because the game is already good? Because as well as I'm sure many people think the game is already very good right now, many more think this game can, and should, be improved upon.
As I said, it would be really good without a limited modding. But I also said that I liked the game as it is right now! But I never said that I wouldnt like the game to be fully mod able! I hope they change their minds and makes the game more mod able! Indeed it would be really good. But I dont think the game would die if they dont make it more mod able but yeah hope they do.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

don't hope for that... they (nadeo) are even scared to give gamemodes creators ability to change players' weapons ingame.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
v3rdi

Post by v3rdi »

i am fine with the delay etc but a lazer / rail gun wich is in tended to be a 1 hit weapon makes a spread. and teh rocketlauncher doesnt :/

i hope they fix that and i hope that the nadeo guy actually was also forwarding that issue
logiX verdi
verdi @ Facebook
my Stream @ twitch
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

If it was 100% moddable, it would make no sense to release more than one environment.
The moddability has to be limited, but don't worry, there is enough left to mod around.
Look in the TM community, even years after the games release people still find ways to push the limits some more.
Restrictions/limits are good for creativity :)
Gugli
Nadeo
Nadeo
Location: Mon PC est à Paris, mais mon coeur rode dans les forêts de Lozère

Post by Gugli »

This post from Hylis is relevant to this issue : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 37#p115357

TL;DR : There's no randomness in the Laser weapon, it is made so to prevent giving unfair advantage to people playing with resolutions higher than fullHD.
--
(>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)
v3rdi

Post by v3rdi »

Gugli wrote:This post from Hylis is relevant to this issue : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 37#p115357

TL;DR : There's no randomness in the Laser weapon, it is made so to prevent giving unfair advantage to people playing with resolutions higher than fullHD.
actually ... dude there is test it yourself.

go 120 m or smt away from the lazer shooter. and try to get hit yourself. the shooter binds the shoot key to the keyboard so he cant manipulate the mouse. you go where the lazer is supposed to hit or you saw where it hit. you will get shot maybe 1 time out of 10 there is some kind of randomness.

i will record that and put the vod in here so you can see and get proven wrong (dont tell me now you work there and there is no intended randomness) i dont mean that its intended or blame you but there is some factor wich makes it random probably you should look into it yourself!
logiX verdi
verdi @ Facebook
my Stream @ twitch

Return to “Shootmania”