New gameplay feedbacks since Beta 2

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

kadaz

Re: New gameplay feedbacks since Beta 2

Post by kadaz »

I see, easy to change the opposite team to white firepower.. and yours remains the same..

or both white, and shouldn't your team members firepower cause damage too, realistically..

So you can see.. yet changing different colors than their shields, would kinda awkward.. visually.

Besides.. there is a shield scale option now.. to avoid the over contrast of color vs trail..

What you think, you agree?
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

kadaz wrote:I see, easy to change the opposite team to white firepower.. and yours remains the same..

or both white, and shouldn't your team members firepower cause damage too, realistically..

So you can see.. yet changing different colors than their shields, would kinda awkward.. visually.

Besides.. there is a shield scale option now.. to avoid the over contrast of color vs trail..

What you think, you agree?
No, since teammates do not damage me, and I wouldn't find that awkward at all. If you don't like my suggestion that's fine, my opinion is me and others I've spoke to would benefit from other colored projectiles than the shields, and if teammates did hurt me, I wouldn't mind having their trails be the same color (red or something that's just overall a danger color to avoid). Take it or leave it, no reason to discuss this for 2 pages.
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

Onto other business, what are people's main complaints about the new gameplay settings for Elite?

The microjumps are tiny tiny, I don't see any reason for people to complain about that. The mutli-hit laser is a gimmick and I can live without that, the recharge times are controversial and affect the timing of the game and I haven't really formed an opinion about that yet.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Nah, speaking of the matter is no difference, its feedback about the game, and thanks for being specific.

Good point there, I agree about it being an alternative color, in any regard, just pick one or the other, it like an obvious distraction in replays and videos, the format would be different, and would require always changing it.

Speaking about Elite, I don't play it, so I won't talk about it, yet the new micro jumps are unique and about the multi laser, I have really no opinion, what is this?? and well, its a matter of a vote I think about the other stuff, yet can't please everyone agree? To fix it is trail and error and the game is great, fun to play and keep up with the suggestions, its all good.
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

Nobody is complaining about how high u can jump anymore.
Cuz like u said its 'tiny' 'tiny'

Its just you cant spam the spacebar anymore.
Now ur probably wondering why this would be a problem... Well, u could like confuse defenders with it while u were attacking + being able to do microjumps quickly after oneother really increased the overall speed of the game.
The game feels slow & 'boring' now.

The multilaser is something cool. Okay u might call it luck when u actually manage to make a +3... But who cares?
The one making the +3 will be like "OMFGé&éàà" I JUST +3'ed with the laser!!!"
Its like making a +100m shot, but with an even cooler effect.
I dont care about the multilaser cuz it wont happen that much.
People mostly complain about it because it would be a luckshot & not skillbased.

About the reloadspeeds... Well if u play a lot of elite & suddenly they change timings... u tend to die a lot cuz ur not behind cover on time. Its not really a big issue... But well yeah... If u got used to the other timings then this can frustrate you.
Personally I like how it was. Elite really feels balanced so why change anything.
Im probably oversimplifying stuff, but I think Im right.
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

dreammyw0w wrote: About the reloadspeeds... Well if u play a lot of elite & suddenly they change timings... u tend to die a lot cuz ur not behind cover on time. Its not really a big issue... But well yeah... If u got used to the other timings then this can frustrate you.
It isn't just about the timings being off, but more so how these timings will affect the gameplay. So from a defenders point of view you now have less time to peak from behind cover, less time to rotate to a different position and in overall, it's far more dangerous sticking your head out from behind cover.

How will this affect gameplay? Well, it's just stated above how. More campy play, more defensive strats and in general, more boring gameplay.

This is obvious and if you ask me, Elite already suffers from being too defensive and campy on defence, we don't need to add things that further draws the game in this direction.

And this is the big problem I have with Nadeo and what they're doing these days... It's like the things added are added because they sound cool or look cool with no regard how it will actually affect gameplay. It's like weapon selection on defence all over again.

It was added because they tried adding more depth and strategy in Elite but it was obvious it would mess up the gameplay. Nono, we had to test it they said. Nono, we don't we said.

And this lack of understanding how changes will affect their own gamemode is disturbing. Either they want a completely different game than the one we currently enjoy playing or they don't understand their own gamemode.

Either way it's scary to think about the future if this keeps up.
TORAKI

Post by TORAKI »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46lHEmk9IL0

Sorry if im being sarcastic and bitchy.. but i don't see how beta3 can be good and rapresent the future of this game..

20 sec for a round. nuff said; this is just an example of what i've managed to do alot of rounds (and im not even the best of the players around. ) ; the defenders we'r rotating don't tell me they just need to adapt from beta2 please :D
plopp

Post by plopp »

I'm gonna try a different approach. Because I think you guys at Nadeo deserve some praise for your work and not only the bad side of your game.

The main part that makes me love the game are all the different game modes. Most of them are interesting and good fun. I especially love siege.

I think parts of the beta 3 gameplay are really fun. The multi-hit laser is an interesting thing. I have already been able to do some crazy multi-hits (in siege) and both me and the people I killed had a good laugh about it.

The fast reload is something that works fine when you're an attacker in siege, but it has it's downsides. For example when you use the nucleus, which is a bit too powerful at least in siege, you can stand in a tunnel and just kill everyone without even aiming. Also for elite it makes the gameplay a bit campier for the defenders since they can't rotate as easy.

Then you have a mechanic that forces defenders to stay close together (fast reload) and a mechanic that forces them to be apart (multi-hit).

The higher minimum jump is a step in the right direction. I was able to do the tiny microjumps just fine. But this change makes it so that you can't just insta sprint.

I've not really felt that the beta 2 walljumps are really random in elite. But if you say other people experienced this I can't really argue with that. But the beta 3 walljumps need some work. I feel that you can't really do as much with them as the beta 2 walljumps.

There are really good things in the game and a really big potential. But you need to take in what the community says. Not all of it since it's impossible to please everyone. But at least the things most people want changed.
shayanjameel08

Post by shayanjameel08 »

suprisingly i was in a free in browser fps. I have been playing this since i was a lot younger. Also its the gameplay thats laggy not the camera itself

Return to “Shootmania”