New gameplay feedbacks since Beta 2

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

apmnem

Re: New gameplay feedbacks since Beta 2

Post by apmnem »

I do not like that I now cannot avoid at all making a large jump, it makes high end elite game play very frustrating and slow, please think about changeing it back and finding an alternative to stop people macroing the jump. if you do it legitimately there should not be a punishment for it
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

TheXPlaying wrote:One more thing that popped up in my mind:

Different sounds for defenders' rail on railpad & attacker's rail.
Sometimes if you don't have a direct vision of what's going on (let's say you're behind cover), you hear the rail shooting and you expose thinking that the attacker wasted it, only to find out that it was the laser from the defender on the railpad... this can lead to unpleasant surprises! :o
I agree with this suggestion, especially with the new gameplay and recharge times, picking your spot to poke out after they've missed is that much more important. And on that note, I'd love to be also be able to set a different color for enemy shots/trails, rockets sometimes blend into the skin when they are coming straight towards you.

Regarding the new settings, I don't mind the new jump height, I'm pretty new to this game but I've been around long enough to tell that there are definitely players abusing macros and somebody like me who uses a cumbersome spacebar for jumping, it's not exactly as easy as clicking a right mouse button, so those people have an advantage IMO and it's just too late for me to change to that. Some will say "you just can't adjust" well, you're right, I've used RightClick for "MoveForward" since the Duke Nukem 3d and there's no way I can change now just so I can click-jump faster.

One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing added to this game is crouching/ducking. I think it would add a new element to the game, being able to crouch and peek. The crouch could also be slower/quieter movement for being sneaky, both things would add new, more competitive elements to the game IMO.

I enjoy this game, my main complaint is nobody plays it in North America, and Euros kick me from servers for having 110 ping. The client-side compensation doesn't seem very accurate, I've never played with a snapshot of below 70 so I can't comment on how well this would play on LAN. I constantly hit shots aiming "behind" players as they are moving, and I don't think I have to even mention shooting through people, everybody complains about that.

I'm curious as to the "tickrate" or "FPS" that the servers run at. In past games, that was a big factor in determining whether you could just aim at the player model, or get those "behind them" shots because the last "tick" of the player hasn't caught up to the player model yet. Seems like this game could definitely be more accurate.

Overall, I enjoy this game a lot, and I hope Nadeo continues to improve it and not just move onto making Cryo. People keep moving to Firefall, which I've played since early beta, and I can honestly say that thing is the biggest, buggiest, rushed pile of crap ever made, and I don't care how many cash tournaments they have, I prefer to play a game I enjoy and one that seems more interested in getting people to buy the "frames/classes" just to see if they like the game.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

51chicken wrote:...I'd love to be also be able to set a different color for enemy shots/trails, rockets sometimes blend into the skin when they are coming straight towards you.
Actually that already an customized option a while back.. in the server player menu..
51chicken wrote:One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing added to this game is crouching/ducking...
Totally have to agree with you on that one.
51chicken wrote:.. complaint is nobody plays it in NA, and Euros kick from servers for having 110 ping.
I don't experience this, since having bought the game since it has came out, I gotten booted only once, yet having publicity in North America is a big help... like the recent event down in Texas US.

Well enjoy the game.. :D
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

kadaz wrote:
51chicken wrote:...I'd love to be also be able to set a different color for enemy shots/trails, rockets sometimes blend into the skin when they are coming straight towards you.
Actually that already an customized option a while back.. in the server player menu..
I assume you mean the "Trail color" in the advanced options, which seems to have no affect at all. I've set that multiple times and just checked again, enemy shots and my own shots are just whatever skin colors I choose.

To restate, I want my teammates green, my enemies blue, and my enemies laser/rockets to be red perhaps. One other thing is some maps have lights on structures, which seem to change to whatever color you set enemies to. Not really an issue on most maps so not a big deal, but would like to see that changed as well. Even if it was the teammate colors instead would be helpful.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

51chicken wrote: I assume you mean the "Trail color" in the advanced options, which seems to have no affect at all. I've set that multiple times and just checked again, enemy shots and my own shots are just whatever skin colors I choose.
Oh, I have used it quite a few times, and it works. One thing to try.. make sure the FX settings are on and perhaps on the players profile page, the advance option to use trail and custom skins in multiplayer.. Also once your connected to a server.. I was meaning that server menu to change skin and trail colors for you and others, just mind that if your using custom colors while playing CTF, it could interfere with your settings, because of the team colors.
viperozza

Post by viperozza »

51chicken wrote: One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing added to this game is crouching/ducking.
Please no. I can imagine all defender camping behind small fences spamming the duck/unduck button to keep being unhittable :roflol:
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

viperozza wrote:
51chicken wrote: One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing added to this game is crouching/ducking.
Please no. I can imagine all defender camping behind small fences spamming the duck/unduck button to keep being unhittable :roflol:
I don't see how that's any different than standing behind the existing fences that already cover your head. New maps would be designed around this and perhaps you'd see more of the shorter fences than tall ones, who knows. It would be a new dynamic and I don't see defenders winning rounds just cuz they are crouched behind a fence. You may have a point regarding defenders behind the pole though, it might help take away the "through the pole" shot, but on the other hand it would be risky since they can just blow by you and nail you while you're stationary.

If the general consensus agreed with you, then I'd still argue that a walk key (for going slow, not make much noise) would still add a cool stealthy dynamic to the game. Currently you can hear people across the map unless they are on grass.
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

kadaz wrote:
51chicken wrote: I assume you mean the "Trail color" in the advanced options, which seems to have no affect at all. I've set that multiple times and just checked again, enemy shots and my own shots are just whatever skin colors I choose.
Oh, I have used it quite a few times, and it works. One thing to try.. make sure the FX settings are on and perhaps on the players profile page, the advance option to use trail and custom skins in multiplayer.. Also once your connected to a server.. I was meaning that server menu to change skin and trail colors for you and others, just mind that if your using custom colors while playing CTF, it could interfere with your settings, because of the team colors.
I've tried everything, nothing works. Everyone I've asked also say it don't work so I'd be interested to hear from Nadeo whether it's SUPPOSED to work as I've described. I've set all options on, player skins, Post Processing FX, you name it, nothing works. Perhaps I'll make a separate thread instead of turning the feedback thread into the trail color thread :P Apologies.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Well, lets clear it up, the color of the trail is the same as the shield..

And that option can be changed on a server, in interface settings..

Only the trail.. I believe is only for cars, vehicles in trackmania..

Weapon shots, color trails are tied in directly with the color shield.

:D Hope that answers your question.
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

kadaz wrote:Well, lets clear it up, the color of the trail is the same as the shield..

And that option can be changed on a server, in interface settings..

Only the trail.. I believe is only for cars, vehicles in trackmania..

Weapon shots, color trails are tied in directly with the color shield.

:D Hope that answers your question.
That's why I was very specific about wanting a different color for their shots than their skins, I'm well aware you can change the shield color, I want different color for their rockets in particular cuz it blends in with their shields when they are coming straight at you or when multiple people are in front of me.

Return to “Shootmania”