Beta 3 RC1

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

sadzealot

Re: Beta 3 RC1

Post by sadzealot »

knxv1lle wrote:Thanks for your answers. I think i explained myself poorly ;).

Replays:
You know what HLTV-demos are, right? We need something like this in ShootMania. And yes, it would be enough to just save every round played on one map, because you can switch all views in the replay editor.

Spectator-Delay:
I don't speak of public games, because - as you said - it doesn't matter (it's public after all). This only would be useful for competitive play (league, tournaments, ...). We often have the case that "a team manager" wants to join as spectator "because he is the team manager". I would love to have spectators, but not in online matches when there is no option for delay (let me set the value from 0 seconds up to 15 seconds, that would be enough).
Yes, I know what HLTV demos are and I don't really see the need for them in Shootmania, but it seems you do. And I kind of agree, it would be handy to have, but it's definitely not a musthave for me atleast. (I know what you want now, just to be able to freely spectate a match from a replay, pause/resume on keys etc... It would be much easier than using the current editor and replays, especially for casting matches from replays and as you said, studying tactics).

About the spectator delay, I guess that stuff would be nice to have so you could have spectators in those games (personally I still don't want them because I'm still not sure if spectators affect snapshot or server load or not).
Forgot10

Post by Forgot10 »

Well, spectators definitely consume some bandwidth.

And it would be really nice to have a spectator delay, because we have more than three players in our team (for many reasons), and when 4 or 5 are available for the match (some cup or league), those extra players are naturally interested in spectating. Some teams don't mind spectators (usually pro teams), but there are those who don't even allow streaming spectators... It really isn't nice, but there's no way to prove you aren't cheating.
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

DEMOS would help so much for every serious player!
You learn the most from good players!

If you can get your hands on a demo of a match they played then you can better understand what they are doing and why!
Especially for defenders... Every stream has the Attacker's pov.

DEMOS would be so cool to have! And its a must for competitive gaming. I dont care if its in the release, but I'd really love it if would be added to the game in future updates!

And yeah, i also wonder if having spectators affects the stability of the server or snap. :?: :?:
Last edited by dreammyw0w on 09 Apr 2013, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

Guys do you even know about replay files?
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
adsun

Post by adsun »

Something like those HLTV servers is already used in a lot of tm matches. These servers are called relay servers and are basically the same. I have no Idea if the regular server provides it or if you need a controller.
MuNgLo

Post by MuNgLo »

Relays are there but cant handle SM for now. Hopefully it will be sorted in the future.
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

knxv1lle wrote:
killaprodtm wrote:Guys do you even know about replay files?
Guy, do you even read our comments?
Ok read. Excuse me.

Maybe Nadeo can add an extension to the replay gbx file. Like you have the options to save a normal replay, but you can tick "advanced replay recording" in the settings, if you desire the ui things :D
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

killaprodtm wrote:
knxv1lle wrote:
killaprodtm wrote:Guys do you even know about replay files?
Guy, do you even read our comments?
Ok read. Excuse me.

Maybe Nadeo can add an extension to the replay gbx file. Like you have the options to save a normal replay, but you can tick "advanced replay recording" in the settings, if you desire the ui things :D
But the UI things are already saved in a replayfile considering replay knows when you're using stamina, when you take hits and when you fire shots. All they have to do is implement a toggle on/off option to display them in the replay editior :)

And they've said that is to come, hoping it comes in todays update :)

Return to “Shootmania”