Beta 3 RC1

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Zell

Re: Beta 3 RC1

Post by Zell »

Hylis wrote:Kaspah, hardly meaningful if players can not play one against the others. We will keep it for the asynchronous solo of Trackmania, of course.
For me the new rankings are useless. So I'm 4th in the Middle East... big whoop. With the Global rankings I saw my rank improve all the time, and while ladder rank really means nothing wrt skill, it still gives some motivation to play a bit more when you're so close to breaking a rank number (before this I was close to breaking 200).

Other than that, 4th in Middle East doesn't tell me anything about my position vs Europe.
And another thing, I get a lot of negative comments from stupid players when they see "Middle East" when they spec me, so.. :P

It would be nice to have global rank, or at least combine some regions, seeing as players in north africa and middle east actually play on European servers and the ping is fine - that was your argument for implementing this.
Image [CMC]Zell
Windows 7 64bit
CPU: Intel i5-3550 @ 3.3GHz | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD: Cruzer M4 128GB | Display: 22" 1080p native resolution
oiram456

Post by oiram456 »

Hylis wrote:21. Lan mode
Even for Trackmania²: Canyon?
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
lanf3ust

Post by lanf3ust »

MADE MY DAY .
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

hey, you are 4th in middle east, big whoop indeed :yes:

ok, more seriously, the solution here would be that you are ranked based on the server location, more than your country, but it is too different to change right now. People that are playing together should be on the same ranking somehow. We have to work on this for next updates.

By the way, making a ladder per continents is also a way to make space here, to have a community growth. South Africa is quite far from other active places, and they could hardly be in with the pings, as well as Australia. And I agree that North Africa would be more likely to play in Europe, like Turkey or else around.

yes Oiram
Filipe1020

Post by Filipe1020 »

Hylis wrote: Main features:
0. Major CPU optimizations, including the removing of the debug information that accelerate the execution.
10. Musics
Yes! :D
SiH13

Post by SiH13 »

What I think about this update: http://i.imgur.com/J7B2BQm.jpg
Its just so beautiful..
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

SiH13 wrote:What I think about this update: http://i.imgur.com/J7B2BQm.jpg
Its just so beautiful..
Poesy at arms? ;) :thumbsup:
platernitycs

Post by platernitycs »

Hey everyone.

I was so happy finding a new changelog with a defense that could have more than just 3 rockets def pole on elite.
I asked myself why everyone hated it, it's a great change.

But, now that i tried it, a problem occures. Now its 3 defs pole just more cheated version. (Attack was already the most difficult). And if the round starts, there is no change for the whole round. No suspens, no changes etc. It's just as always, i would say.

Then i came to an idea: checkpoints. Those were really great because they could change the way of playing, but sadly only for the attacker. The Problem in SM is the Defense ! no room for creativity or smth else.
But if checkpoints are places were you can change weapons for both def and attack... That could be Amazing if the maps are good. Because Defense has to go through those points if they want to change their configuration and Attacker can Defend those ! More importantly they could change back in the middle of the round ! But its risky !
The most cheated Checkpoint would be Railgun cps (yeah just remove the wallhack for the attacker) but the mapper has to be intelligent to make it hard to get.

So : Checkpoints for the mappers were you can define the weapon you get (and IG you see the logo you used as wallhack just above- different logo for each weapon).
Attacker can change weapons on them too (immagine an attacker who gets rockets and rush pole bouncing the others if they are all pole)
-> If its too unbalanced you could remove the attacker's possibility to change weapon.

I think it would be far better than actual b3 and it would be even more in the Idea of Shootmania: Getting different Weapons from different places (not from choices).

I would add a comment over fastreload on Hit: Its great ! truly great, but only for Railguns. Rockets needs constancy in shooting (to avoid them, to make team coordinate shooting), and nucleus are too cheated with it.

I hope you'll get my point !

Continue the amazing job !
Platernity
serujio

Post by serujio »

-> the servers list have to shine like the favorite bar shines. When passing the mouse through the servers nothing happens.

-> Canyon does not depend on ping, so the ladder changes in Shootmania are not necessary for Canyon.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

it is useful for timezone and community groups

someone from NA would have less chances to play with European players, and would then win less point if they are considered together, because they have less points to start with. a ranking is good if people play together

Asia + Oceania, America, and Europe + Africa + MiddleEast would be a minimum

with ping, it divides also north and south

Return to “Shootmania”