Shootmania Storm 1.0

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

mistertl
Translator
Translator

Re: Shootmania Storm 1.0 RC1 !!!

Post by mistertl »

:yes: :clap: Great job Nadeo :thx:
OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4,2 GHz | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 |
MB: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | HDD(s): Crucial MX100 512 GB, WD Caviar Black 7200 rpm 500 GB | Sound: Realtek ALC1220
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

you mean "before" instead of after ?
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

You guys are finally coming at the goal! I am so excited to see this new update :clap: :yes:

Question: The release of Shootmania:Storm, does it mean the end of updates, or just the beginning?
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

sadzealot wrote:(How can you be so great at english when talking and so hard to understand when writing? ;) )
I am not great when talking either :roflol:

There is a lot of complicated topics, a lot of things to write (fingers burnign today ^^) etc.

netcode is also often a little complicated to discuss, but I will try to explain it again (not necessarly more simply ^_^)

Before, when a rocket touched on the client side simulation, but not on the server side, the rocket was not recreated, as it should be, on the client side. So, the player was not having the visual feedback that the rocket missed the target complety. The +1 can only be trigerred by the server, so he knew that he missed by not seeing the +1, but he was lacking the continuity of the rocket behind to feel 'reassured' that he really did. It was only visual, but annoying, of course.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

CrAzYdriv3r wrote:You guys are finally coming at the goal! I am so excited to see this new update :clap: :yes:

Question: The release of Shootmania:Storm, does it mean the end of updates, or just the beginning?
It mainly means end of the making, beginning of the support. Support is the key for online games, but when you also have to make your plateform (Maniaplanet) and your new genre (FPS with Shootmania), it is more difficult to have time to do.

We hope to take some months to support more and I hope it will work.

:yes: WhootMania :yes:
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

Thank you so much for the fun alpha and the free beta! Can't thank you enough for this game! :yes:
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

killaprodtm wrote:Thank you so much for the fun alpha and the free beta! Can't thank you enough for this game! :yes:
Agree! This is probably NADEO's most successful game, they should be proud of what they did :thx:
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

should be the best update yet. "apply to all titles" and old cam2 are the best things for me ^^
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
MuNgLo

Post by MuNgLo »

Hylis wrote:Before, when a rocket touched on the client side simulation, but not on the server side, the rocket was not recreated, as it should be, on the client side. So, the player was not having the visual feedback that the rocket missed the target complety. The +1 can only be trigerred by the server, so he knew that he missed by not seeing the +1, but he was lacking the continuity of the rocket behind to feel 'reassured' that he really did. It was only visual, but annoying, of course.
The problem is that a fluffy was still a hit clientside. If you (as I understand it) let the rocket continue on clientside you will have the old fluffy rockets just be rockets that go through opponents instead. That's just as bad or maybe even worse.
Somewhere there must be some sync issue between server and client as I see it and that makes it important to find and fix.
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

Hylis wrote:
sadzealot wrote:(How can you be so great at english when talking and so hard to understand when writing? ;) )
I am not great when talking either :roflol:
Well, I saw the interview and I think your english was good there sooo... :)
Hylis wrote:Before, when a rocket touched on the client side simulation, but not on the server side, the rocket was not recreated, as it should be, on the client side. So, the player was not having the visual feedback that the rocket missed the target complety. The +1 can only be trigerred by the server, so he knew that he missed by not seeing the +1, but he was lacking the continuity of the rocket behind to feel 'reassured' that he really did. It was only visual, but annoying, of course.
Ok, so what you're saying is that now, on the client side, the rocket will not hit and just disappear, but rather go straight through and continue on? Because without a tweak of the netcode the player model will still be in a diferent place on the clientside compared to serverside, resulting in rockets going straight through players and continuing on.

So the end result is still the same (as munglo said, a sync issue between client and server), but the only difference is that now we see the rocket continue on?

Return to “Shootmania”