ShootMania : Centralized News about the game.

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Knutselmaaster

Re: ShootMania : Centralized News about the game.

Post by Knutselmaaster »

As promised, the translation of the other interview with Hylis on nofrag:
http://www.nofrag.com/2011/jan/03/36603/

C'est vrai que ça fait longtemps que nous avons annoncé ShootMania
It's true that it has been a long time since we announced ShootMania.

Même avant cela, nous avions travaillé sur le concept de Maniaplanet, qui englobe TrackMania 2, ShootMania et QuestMania. Il est maintenant de nouveau d'actualité, et son ambition fait que les choses prennent plus de temps que de faire des jeux séparés.
Even before that we were working on the concept of Maniaplanet, that combines TrackMania 2, ShootMania and QuestMania. It has become actuality once again, and the ambition of the project makes that things take more time than making three separate games.

Mais on s'amuse vraiment beaucoup avec ShootMania, et on a bien hâte qu'il soit au contact des joueurs. On a aussi hâte de le voir évoluer avec ces derniers. On n'est pas du tout dans une problématique de production, on doit faire des fondations suffisament fortes et larges pour que l'édifice puisse aller le plus haut possible, et ça prend beaucoup de temps.
But we are amusing ourselves a lot with ShootMania, and we are eager to bring it to the players. We are eager to see it evolve with them. We don't have production problems, we need to make a base that is solid and vast enough to make it possible for our creation to rise as high as possible, and that takes a lot of time.

La semaine dernière, nous avons sorti un projet open source de gestion de serveurs dédiés, qui est la souche des serveurs dédiés de maniaplanet. Nous avons également sorti un framework de développement d'interfaces ingame. Tous ces outils seront utiles pour maniaplanet, et donc pour ShootMania.

Last weak we released an open source project for the control of dedicated servers, that will be at the basis of ManiaPlanet servers. We have also released a framework for the ingame interfaces. All these tools are to be used in ManiaPlanet, and thus in ShootMania.

Maintenant, il nous faut aller vers la bêta le plus vite possible, pour que les joueurs puissent commencer à tester les possiblités de créations et que nous puissions voir où ça pousse.
Right now, we need to get into Beta phase as soon as possible, so that the players can start testing the creative possibilities, and to show us in which way it will evolve.

Et pour cela, j'y retourne.
Because of that, i need to get back to work now...
tcq

Post by tcq »

Thx for the translation Knutselmaaster and thx to Hylis for the information about ManiaLive.
Looks really great to see this as the source to get control over dedicated servers in the future of ManiaPlanet.
kamistar

Post by kamistar »

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/resources/release-dates (is this q1 2011 real?) (sounds way too early)
hugocool

Post by hugocool »

kamistar wrote:http://www.gamesindustry.biz/resources/release-dates (is this q1 2011 real?) (sounds way too early)
It is to early, indeed. It's been moved. My guess is Q3 or Q4 of 2011.
Big fan of Daft Punk.
Neogeronimo

Post by Neogeronimo »

2012 i guess.
Too much work on it.
Tm2 must be done before
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

I guess 2011 :P
Because Hylis said, that they want to release 2 maniaplanetgames in 2011. So it has to be TM2 first and then SM. I hope they can complete this plan without too much delay :D
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
TheFerg

Post by TheFerg »

You would have to make your own weapons for the maps, wouldn't you? If so, then that means you can make a gun that fires BB bullets, and for whatever environments (Cryo and the other two) you can make a BB Gun Club and Arena for each, both including terrain and objects to use for cover. Then make all the maps a one-hit-kill then out until next wave arrives (e.g. waves every 5 minutes). Or make a single-player or single-team map that has to eliminate an AI team on the other side.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Close. I've said this before, and it's what I think would be the most logical implementation of how they will do weapons in this game.

So, say, instead of just having a single weapon, you have a weapon-set, that's unique to each environment (similar to how they have different cars in TM now). Well, how would you customize said weapon? If there were no limits on customization, well, you could have a gun that was the size of a pistol, shot rockets the size of BBs with the speed of an M16 that exploded with the force of a nuke. Fun, but not necessarily really fair. So, you set parameters. A pistol will always have an X round clip, fire at roughly so many rounds per minute, is either semi auto or one pull = one shot, etc. Same with every other weapon in the game, down to the knives. So there can be customization, but it may be primarily visual, at least that's how I view it.
WIP
JackHarkness95

Post by JackHarkness95 »

Nous connaissons le nom du premier environnement de ShootMania : "Storm". Il y aura également des clés béta à gagner pour ShootMania par le biais d'un tournoi pour les participants à la GA.
Source: Hylis at the GA 2011: http://www.tm-actu.com/news-848-ga-live

Translation: We know now the name of the first environment of ShootMania: "Storm". There will also be beta keys to be won for ShootMania through a tournament for the Gamers Assembly (2011) participants.

Sounds good :)
hugocool

Post by hugocool »

STORM

That sounds awesome! :o

How will it look like? :shock:
Big fan of Daft Punk.

Return to “Shootmania”