ShootMania : Centralized News about the game.

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Solon001

Re: ShootMania : Centralized News about the game.

Post by Solon001 »

Trackmaniack wrote:Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think it'd be awesome to have this be based around paintball. :-P It's been suggested as a non-violent alternative to bullets...and it could be implemented in more than just PvP combat...you could have paint-shooting tanks...I saw it in a commercial for Dr. Pepper once and it was hilarious. :lol: Just an idea anyway.
That would be awesome. Kinda like how you play Graffiti in the tony hawk skater games. If you shoot someone. then they become the colour of you're pellets. the winner of the game is the guy who gets the most players tagged with their colour pellets.
See car Race, See car overtake, See car drive over boost, see car rocket towards ramp, see car fly through the air, see conveniently placed building, see car hit building, sorry car.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Solon001 wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think it'd be awesome to have this be based around paintball. :-P It's been suggested as a non-violent alternative to bullets...and it could be implemented in more than just PvP combat...you could have paint-shooting tanks...I saw it in a commercial for Dr. Pepper once and it was hilarious. :lol: Just an idea anyway.
That would be awesome. Kinda like how you play Graffiti in the tony hawk skater games. If you shoot someone. then they become the colour of you're pellets. the winner of the game is the guy who gets the most players tagged with their colour pellets.
LOL Well I wasn't necessarily thinking -that- bit of it, but that could be one game-mode type. What happens if two or three people nail one guy at the same time? :P It could happen
WIP
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

News about capture the flag mode added....
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

Can we use custom 3D models to create a game mode ?
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

News about the Cryo environment added

I use (New) for the latest news that i added, like suggested by CrAzYdriv3r.
It will disappear after a while.
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

Call me "MandarK" :lol:
This is my name on TMX... when I made this acc i had no inspiration about a good name :mrgreen:
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Yrp360

Post by Yrp360 »

Shootmania news incoming !

Link to a french forum : http://www.nofrag.com/2011/jan/02/36594/

(http://www.nofrag.com/2011/jan/03/36603/)
Hylis wrote:Si la communication, et les screens mettent du temps à venir, c'est que nous fabriquons tous en même temps et que le visuel est assez complet pour être montré que très tardivement dans le processus. Dans notre projet, nous pouvons améliorer les blocs jusque très tard dans la production. Nous travaillons aussi encore sur certains aspects visuels du moteur.

The communication and the screens are slow to come. In fact, we are working on everything at the same time and the visual is not depth enough to be shown yet. In our project, we can improve the blocks very late in production. We are also working on some more visual aspects of the engine.

Les premiers screens à sortir seront sur TrackMania 2, et il y a encore un petit peu de temps. Pour ShootMania, ils arriveront tardivement, parce que nous avons encore de nombreux chantiers. Par exemple, nous avons fait plusieurs dizaine de maps pour tester, et c'est très sympa, mais nous faisons encore évoluer l'éditeur de map pour qu'il soit encore plus adapté au gameplay de shooter.

The first screens will be out on trackmania 2, and there is still a little time before. For ShootMania they will arrive late, because we still have to work on it. For example, we made several tracks to test the gameplay - it's sur very nice yet - but we still improve the map editor to make it even more suited to the FPS gameplay.

Nous travaillons aussi les graphismes pour que la relation entre le gameplay, la lisibilité et la beauté soit encore meilleure. On est toujours en R&D pour essayer d'améliorer la formule de base, et ça réussit très bien au projet jusqu'à aujourd'hui.

We also work on graphics to improve relation between gameplay, readability and beauty of the soft. We're still in R & D, trying to improve the base of the project, and it succeeds very well until today.

Vos commentaires font plaisir à l'équipe, parce qu'on a trop envie et donc trop de pression de sortir tout ça :)

Your comments brings a lot of pleasure to the team because we want to get it out as soon as possible :)

Florent
(http://www.wefrag.com/forums/nofrag/topics/316247)
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Thank you yrp for the good news :)

And hylis speaks of "Tracks" 8-)
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

Thanks for the heads up and the translation!
I'll translate the other article and add the news to the first post tomorrow ;)
tcq

Post by tcq »

Thx Yrp for the translation and for getting this informations. You are a spider :D

Return to “Shootmania”