Shootmania Elite Invitations [BETA]

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

serujio

Re: Shootmania Elite Invitations [BETA]

Post by serujio »

so, will this be the demo mode system for Maniaplanet? looks interesting.

invited players can´t access community servers?
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

serujio wrote:invited players can´t access community servers?
No they only have access to the matchmaking :)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

i have to be rude once: what's about the promises that royal and elite will become completely free2play?
//Edit: i just hope that the current system is simply the first step and it will be opened up eventually
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    Hylis
    Nadeo
    Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Maniaplanet/Shootmania/Storm/Elite/Matchmaking by invitation is the first point of entry, it is not the last indeed, but we need to go in progressive way. Because if Royal and Elite were 100% free in open beta and continued to be so for these people after release and until now, the whole Shootmania thing is complex to explain to people in order for them to join. We have decided to focus more defined experience. I would rather players join into Obstacle or Speedball, than in Shootmania with Obstacle/Speedball/Siege/Battle/Royal/Elite/Joust/Melee/SDpro etc., if you see what I mean.

So, we would like to maybe have ways to get players into the game on other modes as well, but that's a big work and sitll have some points to be adress before being capable to say we will do it in a way or another.

I suppose that your desire is that there are more and more players around with time, and we share the same one. We will continu to work on the game quality and capicities to welcome new players.

So, yes, it's just a first step :thumbsup:
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

haha please don't let them join obstacle :lol:
    thanks for the insights man :thx:
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
      Sirc

Post by Sirc »

I have two questions regarding the Guest Access:

- How long is an invitation valid? Is it like a 30 day test-key or is it valid for ever?
      - I've read that "guests" are able to receive planets from other players who bought the game even if those guests got a standard inviation only. For example, if I'm donating 1000 planets to my guest is he able to play 10 matches on one day? Or rather to make it a bit easier: If a guest plays only 1 match he'll have 200 planets left and will receive 300 planets the next day so that he has a total of 500 planets. Is he able to play 5 matches or is it still limited to 3 matches per day?
      Greets, Minato

YouTube: tmMinato | MX: Minato | facebook: Minato
      jonthekiller
      Translator
      Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

Sirc wrote:- How long is an invitation valid? Is it like a 30 day test-key or is it valid for ever?
      For ever or if the demo system stop.
      Sirc wrote:Or rather to make it a bit easier: If a guest plays only 1 match he'll have 200 planets left and will receive 300 planets the next day so that he has a total of 500 planets. Is he able to play 5 matches or is it still limited to 3 matches per day?
      He will not earn more planets than 300 : http://blog.maniaplanet.com/wp-content/ ... -table.jpg
      Sirc wrote:- I've read that "guests" are able to receive planets from other players who bought the game even if those guests got a standard inviation only. For example, if I'm donating 1000 planets to my guest is he able to play 10 matches on one day?
      I think yes.
      The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

Btw, daily income for full access key is 50/day? I thought it was 20/day/environment (except Stadium where it was 10/day). I didn't check on my account but have the planets incomes been modified recently?
      RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
      CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
      Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
      GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
      HDD: WD Black 1TB
      Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
      Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
      MrA

Post by MrA »

Hylis wrote:I suppose that your desire is that there are more and more players around with time, and we share the same one. We will continu to work on the game quality and capicities to welcome new players.
      This is why I don't fully understand why we have so many modes, and separate the main ones into stations. It divides everything up resulting in the appearance of less players, even if there might be more. Why have so many modes? Is it just too many idea's and you don't want to throw them away?

I'm sure you have thought about it a lot, but it seems like SM is trying to do too many things at once, think about TM, it was rounds and time attack, then later there was platform and stunts.... Its still only four modes and it took about as many years. With SM we have about 20 modes all at once (if you include community made). I can't even begin to try and explore them all, I have no idea if modes I didn't try is better, so I just go where there is already players. In TM I only had to try rounds and Time Attack and decide which I liked.

So for SM, all these modes is too much isn't it?

It feels like you are forgetting part of the formula that made TM a hit.
      Last edited by MrA on 03 Aug 2013, 17:13, edited 2 times in total.
      Enjoying TMOne
      Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

Sirc wrote:If a guest plays only 1 match he'll have 200 planets left and will receive 300 planets the next day so that he has a total of 500 planets. Is he able to play 5 matches or is it still limited to 3 matches per day?
      He'll have 300 Planets (in total) the next day (instead of 500).

@Big_boo : It has changed, it's now 50 Planets/day/Environment :)
      Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

Return to “Shootmania”