Obstacle Title Pack!

Moderator: English Moderator

steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Re: Obstacle Title Pack!

Post by steeffeen »

I've uploaded a small update which fixes the markers being shown for gates and removes the record sending to obstacle-records.com so i can shut down the site
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

Today's Update fixes the despawning objects.
    A recent update changed something when working with them so I had to adjust the script.

shreder

Post by shreder »

Hi :)

I read on the manialink that there should be an official mode on the Obstacle Title, but I don't see it. Is this a bug or something ? And our best time isn't saved anywhere either, so there's no way to check if we are faster or not :|

And on another subject, I personnaly find that some maps are too much frustrating compared to others of the same level. For instance, the third Green map "No Way" is alot harder than "The Factory". And the first Blue map "Dive In" is way easier than the second Blue map, where I don't even understand where to go at some spots unfortunately...

And to me, you never should have put this restriction thing so that players have to get bronze, silver or gold medal
      to unlock the next map on the various levels. Because finishing some of them is already difficult enough for a player to be given the right to play the next hu ? ^^ Otherwise most of the players will be stuck very early in the campaign, and it's too bad. I have been playing the D06 map for a very long time before I could reach the goal, and now I have to improve my time by 8 minutes (knowing I get through the 10th checkpoint something like 1 time out of 20 tries) if I want to play the D07...
      steeffeen
      Translator
      Translator

Post by steeffeen »

hey, thanks for your feedback :)
      shreder wrote:I read on the manialink that there should be an official mode on the Obstacle Title, but I don't see it. Is this a bug or something ? And our best time isn't saved anywhere either, so there's no way to check if we are faster or not :|
      i don't really know where there should be written "official mode" but i can't check right now ^^
      we've made a website that's tracking all solo and multi times to build an own scoring, it was intended to compensate the lack of an official mode and time comparison in custom title packs (Nadeo doesn't offer that)
      but as the title pack wasn't adopted that much we didn't have the motivation to keep working on it, eventually a few weeks ago i completely stopped its services, so don't expect its ranking to be up-to-date
      shreder wrote:And on another subject, I personnaly find that some maps are too much frustrating compared to others of the same level. For instance, the third Green map "No Way" is alot harder than "The Factory". And the first Blue map "Dive In" is way easier than the second Blue map, where I don't even understand where to go at some spots unfortunately...
      yeah it's indeed difficult to build a completely consistent campaign with increasing difficulty
      especially as people have been nagging about the title packs release all the time :D
      shreder wrote:And to me, you never should have put this restriction thing so that players have to get bronze, silver or gold medal
      to unlock the next map on the various levels. Because finishing some of them is already difficult enough for a player to be given the right to play the next hu ? ^^ Otherwise most of the players will be stuck very early in the campaign, and it's too bad. I have been playing the D06 map for a very long time before I could reach the goal, and now I have to improve my time by 8 minutes (knowing I get through the 10th checkpoint something like 1 time out of 20 tries) if I want to play the D07...
      i know what you mean but this restriction isn't coming from me
      Nadeo made it like that for the standard campaign, it's possible to build a solo campaign which is kind of complicated and information about that wasn't really accessible during the creation time
      also, i didn't really have the time to build it, so i just went with the standard campaign feature

so i'm agreeing with you on these points, there are some obvious points that could have been improved
      it's just that i don't have the time and motivation for that anymore
      the main reasons are the number of different topics i've been working on (several game modes, websites, tools) and my increasing demand for private life :P
      if someone is willing to do that i will gladly provide all the needed files + sources + access

shreder

Post by shreder »

Thanks for your quick answer !
        steeffeen wrote:i don't really know where there should be written "official mode" but i can't check right now ^^
        In the "About" part of the manialink, in the bottom left end corner is written "Official Mod", and also "Title Ranking" :)
        steeffeen wrote:but as the title pack wasn't adopted that much we didn't have the motivation to keep working on it, eventually a few weeks ago i completely stopped its services, so don't expect its ranking to be up-to-date
        Hm ok ;) Does "stopped its services" mean that the website isn't available anymore ?
        steeffeen wrote:Nadeo made it like that for the standard campaign
        Ye, I kinda expected something like that. It's too bad they didn't think about it earlier and did something more convenient for title's creators :?
        steeffeen
        Translator
        Translator

Post by steeffeen »

shreder wrote:In the "About" part of the manialink, in the bottom left end corner is written "Official Mod", and also "Title Ranking" :)
        aah "Mod", not "Mode" :D
        when building a map you can select the "Nice Day" mod created by Titishu

the title ranking is basically the title specific ladder (ladder points)
        shreder wrote:Hm ok ;) Does "stopped its services" mean that the website isn't available anymore ?
        ha crap, i forgot to add the link :D
        http://obstacle-records.com

TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

steeffeen wrote:
          shreder wrote:In the "About" part of the manialink, in the bottom left end corner is written "Official Mod", and also "Title Ranking" :)
          aah "Mod", not "Mode" :D
          when building a map you can select the "Nice Day" mod created by Titishu
          Mod (or like i call him => MiniMod) that will be update and put on maniapark with some others in some days/weeks
          CPU: i5 2500k
          RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
          GPU: MSI GTX570
          Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
          HDD: WD Green + WD Black
          SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
          Sound: Realtek (onboard)
          Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
          shreder

Post by shreder »

I have two question conserning the maps :)
          How to finish the C03 ? What have I to do with this blue thing on the goal ?
          And I don't understand what to do on the 9th CP (I think it's the 9th, or maybe the 8th) of the D01 ? There is a boost and then you land on the top of something where I can see the next checkpoint but I can't reach it by jumping...
          The records aren't very explicit on the website :?
          I see random numbers but no time.
          steeffeen
          Translator
          Translator

Post by steeffeen »

shreder wrote:The records aren't very explicit on the website :?
          I see random numbers but no time.
          as i said we didn't finish the website, don't expect it to be meaningful

regarding the map i can't help you right now without a pc :D

shreder

Post by shreder »

steeffeen wrote:regarding the map i can't help you right now without a pc :D
            No problem, just tell me when you can :thumbsup:

Return to “Title Packs”