Sundays 16/03/14 ESL Cup News!!! (CLOSED)

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

haV

Sundays 16/03/14 ESL Cup News!!! (CLOSED)

Post by haV »

GOOD NEWS!!! This will be short and sweet :)

This Sunday ESL will be hosting a double elimination cup! Lets get involved and boost activity and most of all HAVE FUN :D

http://www.esl.eu/eu/shootmania/

@haVESL
Last edited by haV on 18 Mar 2014, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.
novationx

Re: This Sundays ESL Cup News!!!

Post by novationx »

haV wrote:Image

GOOD NEWS!!! This will be short and sweet :)

This Sunday ESL will be hosting a double elimination cup! Lets get involved and boost activity and most of all HAVE FUN :D

http://www.esl.eu/eu/shootmania/

@haVESL
Kewl , lets do this!
CPLAY'll be there ;)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
pksens

Post by pksens »

Still shitty bo1? Bo1 was for days when >100 teams played and time as an issue. Time is no longer an issue because the game is scarcely played
Win7x64Ulti, i7 870, 8gb Geil, ASRock P55 Extreme4, AMD 7950
haV

Post by haV »

pksens wrote:Still shitty bo1? Bo1 was for days when >100 teams played and time as an issue. Time is no longer an issue because the game is scarcely played
Hi Sens, We need to find out how long the double elim will take during a cup and the best way of doing this is by having bo1 to start off with! If we have time spare at the end of the cup or can work out a way to have more bo3's, then sure, we will do our best to supply more bo3 rounds.
haV

Post by haV »

Cup starts soon, make sure you get signed up :yes:
novationx

Post by novationx »

Hey HAV,
I just want to say that there were a lot of complaints yesterday because of the whole BO1-BO3 issue...
After a few complaints I could already see that other ESL admins planned on just changing everything back to the way it normally is ( WB only ).

The old system worked, but its not the best system. Once u lose you are out of the cup and within 30minutes 50% of all participants is just gone. Its way better if we keep the teams ( even smaller ones ) playing --> WB+LB is better.

The only complaint a lot of players had was : NO BO3 in RO8 & RO4 of the WB when some matches in the LB were BO3...
Its very weird that a LB-match has BO3 when the WB hasnt.

Me and my friends loved the cup yesterday and we think that with tiny adjustements this system can be better so , pls, dont change it back to the old system instantly after 1 set-back.
Cheerz

PS : For me personally... Ideally I would like a system like I described above with BO3s but , if im honest, the most important thing is to reduce waiting times. If all matches are BO1, but I have to wait 1H in the LB to play my match... than I would like my previous match to have been a BO3 ( no matter in what stage of the cup we are.)
Maybe im oversimplifying.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
haV

Post by haV »

novationx wrote:Hey HAV,
I just want to say that there were a lot of complaints yesterday because of the whole BO1-BO3 issue...
After a few complaints I could already see that other ESL admins planned on just changing everything back to the way it normally is ( WB only ).

The old system worked, but its not the best system. Once u lose you are out of the cup and within 30minutes 50% of all participants is just gone. Its way better if we keep the teams ( even smaller ones ) playing --> WB+LB is better.

The only complaint a lot of players had was : NO BO3 in RO8 & RO4 of the WB when some matches in the LB were BO3...
Its very weird that a LB-match has BO3 when the WB hasnt.

Me and my friends loved the cup yesterday and we think that with tiny adjustements this system can be better so , pls, dont change it back to the old system instantly after 1 set-back.
Cheerz

PS : For me personally... Ideally I would like a system like I described above with BO3s but , if im honest, the most important thing is to reduce waiting times. If all matches are BO1, but I have to wait 1H in the LB to play my match... than I would like my previous match to have been a BO3 ( no matter in what stage of the cup we are.)
Maybe im oversimplifying.
Thank you very much for your feedback and support novationx.

This was a test cup for us, I cant stress this anymore then I already have! We had to make most(ish) games BO1 because of this only being a test cup. We didn't want the cup to run into the middle of the night and teams having to forfeit games because players had to good off to bed due to work, uni, school, etc.. With the information we have now after running the Sunday test, we can make adjustments were needed and continue to address issues that crop-up and improve the experience. I am not gonna say next Sunday will be any better on waiting times, yet we will do our best and hope to improve the match time scale over the coming weeks. Only way we can improve waiting times atm, is for teams to stick to the time scales that are displayed on there ESL match page. If all 3 players are not on the agreed server and ready with-in the deadline of 10 minutes, then you should submit a no-show (Rule: 1.2.2.1.). This will improve time scale for all participants and reduce the delays between games.

Regarding the BO1/3, there was a lot of issues, I totally agree! This relates back to "timing". Once we get the timings right, we can then add/remove BO1/3.

Thank you for your comment novationx and it would be great if others could contribute feedback on Sundays cup.

@haVESL
ESL: http://www.esl.eu/uk/player/5155205/
pksens

Re: Sundays 16/03/14 ESL Cup News!!! (CLOSED)

Post by pksens »

Testing testing cup. Hopefully the next test doesn't have too many bo1's
For example:
Cups in recent weeks are <32 teams:
Previously it was everything up to Ro8 is Bo1, ie:
Ro32, bo1
Ro16, bo1
Ro8, bo3
Bo4, bo3
Ro2, bo3
And the cup finished very early, often start 5pm to 9pm. The majority of the time delays occur in the first round - teams are late, eating, expecting a Bye, organising a 3rd, I don't know. Maybe you could have continued what you normally do but start the cup an hour later and maybe it would finish at the same time ^^.
If you introduced Bo3 to the first 2 rounds, you have a maximum of 4 additional maps played. Average maps you can say are 15 minutes long (most take less). So you are looking at an additional 1 hour extra games played total. Nothing wrong there right? If a Ro64 is needed, make that Bo1 again. I have no idea why Matt quoted me it would take until 4am for this to complete, I just laughed.

The double elimination is not a bad thing either, I was hoping for it to work but then we were hit with Bo1s again in the top half. Which didn't make any sense because the Lower bracket games are lagging behind by 1 or 2 (or in our case, 3 rounds) so, if an upper bracket game finishes on time they will forced to be wait a long while, only having played 1 map.
Again, I don't see how this wasn't envisioned as this is not new territory for anyone. Hindsight 20/20 and all. It's easy for me to complain when our team waited 1 hour 30 from losing the Semi final bo1 to play the lower bracket game, so I apologise if I come across as an attacking individual (Hylis <3)
Either way, we just want to play games and Bo1s limits the amount of games we play, it takes out a lot of the fun part of competing when you have your home map and vetos, or having at least 2 maps to prove yourself on.

-finefine-
Win7x64Ulti, i7 870, 8gb Geil, ASRock P55 Extreme4, AMD 7950

Return to “Shootmania”