Waiting list for the 0/100k servers of Royal

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Waiting list for the 0/100k servers of Royal

Post by Alinoa »

Hi all :)

Please read CAREFULLY the topic below to apply for a 0/100k server of Royal:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 64#p205364.

And then send me your request by private message or email at alinoa@nadeo.com.

Cheers,
Alinoa
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Alinoa

Re: Waiting list for the 0/100k servers of Royal

Post by Alinoa »

In July will start a new session of 100K Royal servers. For having a 100k server, your server has to be validated by nadeo. Thank you for contacting me if you want to run a 100K Royal server for three months from July.
Information about 100K Royal server available here :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi all :)

A new session of ROYAL 100 000 Ladder Points servers will start in October. Please read conditions for registering your server and send me a private message if you want to run a ROYAL 100 000 Ladder Points server for three months from October.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

You can still contact me if you want to run a 100k ROYAL server.
Information for applying available here ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

niarfman

Post by niarfman »

Thanks Alinoa,

For the moment, we (Lvx) are still trying to find some Planets for our Elite Lobby (Only 4 matches servers). So we don't have enough for a Royal 100k.

We will wait and maybe we will provide one latter ...
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

The current problem to host a 100k server in Shootmania Royal is the interest of royal. I would start my server if there are royal players. The only one time, where people play royal, is the smurf cup^^

And at the moment we have only 1 server running which is 100k in SM:Royal and this server is still empty.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know.
niarfman

Post by niarfman »

Agree with you.

One of the reason we don't reopen this 100k server in priority is the lack of players.

And ... if we want to play all together, The limit of 12 players is not enough. So we rather prefer a 90k where all of us can play at the same time.
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Thanks for your feedback, guys :)

I suggest to test to increase the players limit at 20 players for 100k servers and to keep other rules of the 100k server.
So pm me if you want to upgrade a 90k server ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

Cuts

Post by Cuts »

Alinoa wrote:Thanks for your feedback, guys :)

I suggest to test to increase the players limit at 20 players for 100k servers and to keep other rules of the 100k server
20 Player is not a good idea... 12 is fine, maybe 15 max.

More player = bigger survival bonus = more reward for camping. While Royal have many skilled player who win from mostly high hit score, it is too easy for poor player to hide all game and get many points for camping.

You should change the rules for how survival point is awarded, so that player cannot get 1 hit and 40 sv just by camping and getting 1 lucky rocket at the end. This is not fun for a player who maybe get 16 hit and 4 Sv... 20 points for being more skilled? :x

Play smurfs cup on Sunday and you see. Survival bonus with lots of player is far too high and encourage camping.

I suggest make survival bonus depend on hits / pole cap. Make it so a player can only ever get 2x (or 2.5x) their hit score + any point they got for pole as Survival point. That way, bad player that camps do not finish round after camping and get 30 points: (2 Hit and 28 Sv), when skilled player who plays aggressive finish round with 15 points: 12 Hit, 3 Sv...

It is Shootmania Royal, not Campmania Royal, and more player mean more player want to camp for "easy point" instead of work for Hit / Sv.

Changing Survival so that player are encouraged to play and not camp makes the server / game much more competitive, as aggression and accuracy is rewarded with high points, and unlucky deaths to random rockets do not cripple your score in games.

What is the point in playing aggressive and going 9/1 Hit/Sv when you can do nothing but camp all game and get double points?

Return to “Shootmania”