paragon instagib novices

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Alexey85

paragon instagib novices

Post by Alexey85 »

Almost every time I check instagib servers to play all epxperienced players are in instagib novices serv, other servers are empty. Some newbies join, they are obliterated and then either leave frustrated or complain (rightfully so).
Since there is server "paragon instagib pro", why not go there?
novationx

Re: paragon instagib novices

Post by novationx »

because the playerbase is too small for 2 servers, maybe :)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

This is obvious, but if there is a bunch of noobs at that serv already, is it right for a pro to join the serv? I don't think so (I played there with noobs, I admit, I was wrong :roflol: ). Also, many SM players are in teams and they can cooperate with buddies which serv to play, so they arleady can join two or more to a server without need to wait alone for someone to play.
Edit: As I was writing this, no one joined me at "pro" server while I was there for about half an hour, and now there are 4 players under 1000 rank at novices server.
novationx

Post by novationx »

option 1 : join empty server
option 2: join server with a few players ( maybe noob )

choose :)
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

Then join empty server and run around for 5 mins, then leave and do whatever. When I check servers, all experienced play at only this one server for novices as if they don't care. At least check pro server. I was at pro for half an hour, no one joined. And there are tons of others servers that don't do difference between novice or pro.
If there is team of two or more joining novices serv, this is plain rude, no justification for them.
I, for one, skip playing instagib most of the time because of this.
plopp

Post by plopp »

Alexey85 wrote:This is obvious, but if there is a bunch of noobs at that serv already, is it right for a pro to join the serv?
Let's say you have 1 or 2 'pro' players that just wanna shoot some laser and just chill out a bit. Should they have to play alone on an empty server? Instagib is a mode that needs lots of players to be fun. I get this a lot on Siege. I join and there are players on the server that say things like "You should join an elite team and stop playing against noobs on Siege". So according to them I have the choice of going elite or playing alone on an empty Siege server.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

plopp wrote:
Alexey85 wrote:This is obvious, but if there is a bunch of noobs at that serv already, is it right for a pro to join the serv?
Let's say you have 1 or 2 'pro' players that just wanna shoot some laser and just chill out a bit. Should they have to play alone on an empty server? Instagib is a mode that needs lots of players to be fun.
Yes, they should. They shouldn't join a server meant for novices to have fun eliminating noobs making them rage or leave because pros are obliterating them in the server for novices.
The thread is not about just some cases, but the trend that I see. Everytime I check instagib to play, all experenced are at "novices" server. That is what I want to point out.
plopp wrote:[...]I get this a lot on Siege. I join and there are players on the server that say things like "You should join an elite team and stop playing against noobs on Siege". So according to them I have the choice of going elite or playing alone on an empty Siege server.
Mode is a different thing. As long as the server doesn't state it is for noobs, pros, or whatever, no one has right to complain about anyone playing it, imo.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

Ah, screw it, I start playing at novices too. Experienced players go to this server all the time, other servers almost never have players. Paragon could put there LP limit at least, or remove "novices" from the name.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Yeah :/ I agree

Return to “Shootmania”