ShootMania Storm Power Up!

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

Re: ShootMania Storm Power Up!

Post by novationx »

Alright wonderful! :D
Dont forget the changelog 0:)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

novationx

Post by novationx »

When does this power up! start?
Is it something that we do together or...?

Im especially interested in making current offficial modes better ( combo , joust , Elite )
What can I do?
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Since the release of the demo, I believe that the Power Up! operation may benefit to be done in a more closed way.

1. First at the studio, to make the technology as good as possible to manage the power ups: store, inventory, huds, script tools and rules libraries

2. Then we update with players, in closed section: they have dedicated responsability and it helps a lot to test things. Otherwise, when it's open, it's much more difficult. The people that will be in the closed section will be there to improve and change things while when we do open experiments, it's really complicated to test things. It's like if each update should be more perfect than the previous and forbid any risk or any test to feel and explore new paths. And if they are made with options, they are not tested.

3. Then we launched an offical open beta phase with free access on the specific titles. The goal is to adjust things, but to start with many people with an official release.

And short term, I also think that it would be much better. I opened the wishlist thread while saying that there is a need to stop looking for next updates and see what are the potential of current features. If you would like to modify combo or joust, maybe it's there best chance to be done by players, instead of us. I believe it will be your best chance to have exactly what you really want. The script are at the community disposal.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Hylis wrote: Maybe it's there best chance to be done by players, instead of us. I believe it will be your best chance to have exactly what you really want. The script are at the community disposal.
So we can modify your scripts, send pull requests and you will aprove changes? Sweet :D
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
novationx

Post by novationx »

djhubertus wrote:
Hylis wrote: Maybe it's there best chance to be done by players, instead of us. I believe it will be your best chance to have exactly what you really want. The script are at the community disposal.
So we can modify your scripts, send pull requests and you will aprove changes? Sweet :D
No , thats not what he said :)
He said : if ur not happy with the current mod, then make one urself. You have the tools.

@Hylis: All I said is : If you are starting the power-up! , let me know--> because I wanna help ^^
And because I understood the "powerup!" as a way to let the gamemodes evolve, i think it is normal that I wanna give some feedback for the official modes... Or did I missunderstand?

*rereading ur text*
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

I seems that my answer was not clear enough

You ask "when it starts?": once we have done the first phase, to prepare the labotary

You ask "what can you do or if it is something we do together?" yes in the second phase if it is to be part of a collaboration group. And I think that your post was really more toward this.

You answered well that if someone wants 'his' thing, then it's better that he does it with the current tools, of course. And I don't put your questions in that category.

If it's still not clear enough, sorry. Maybe there is something that seems obvious to me that I ignore ^_^
novationx

Post by novationx »

So,

Can anyone @NADEO share what exactly the plan is for the coming 2months? Any upcoming updates?
Power-up officialy started? :D
What will you work on? What will have priority? :D ( little more concrete than the 1st post )

Give us something to look forward too. A lot of people in the community dont like this "mysterious silence".
Im curious^^
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

@novationx
Take a look here for my answer to your question :)
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

Hylis wrote:
Instant action keys
Like the switch action keys from 1 to 4, two keys will be in the control key to set up actions to be used once, like the throw of a grenade that we made that prevent the opponent to use the weapon or stamina for some seconds. The recommanded keys are Q & E on a qwerty keyboards.
What about this grenade ? It sounds awesome and we still haven't seen it yet. I was thinking about such a weapon in EliteProMod (a plasma grenade which can empty the stamina of the opponent), so can you tell us if this grenade is going to be released soon ? Or if, as you said, you have already created it ?

Return to “Shootmania”