Shootmania Power Up! v0.1 Changelog

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

MrA

Re: Shootmania Power Up! v0.1 Changelog

Post by MrA »

Is it explained anywhere what the gold and fuel crystal items are used for? I can place them, but I don't know their purpose yet ;)
Enjoying TMOne
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

I would have thought you'd have script their use in the mode.
For example you could script a shop where you can use your gold to buy weapon upgrades etc.

That's how I understood it.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
fleo

Post by fleo »

We don't have a lot of information at the moment, we'll discover more next week with the solo mode:
Hylis wrote:Solo platform
At start, it will be closer to a 'discovery' missions to help get familiar with the core gameplay. At destination, it should be a good solo platform game that uses diverse power ups along the journey of the player. Various items, like elements to pick up in the maps, are being prepared or will be done in order to reach this goal. These items are likely to bring diversity to mode makers for their own, like the two firsts: fuel & gold. Fuel will represent the source of energy and gold, the source of credits, that could be used in other modes.
Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

In invasion Fuel has now function: pick up to restore ammo of all weapons (since Arrow has now less op gameplay it's fine).
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

this is typically the recommanded use. And it should be able to regen all stamina soon as well. While Gold if to be converted to Credits to buy things in the Store of the mode :thumbsup:

Fuel => Energy (can be used by various elements, such as weapon or moves)
Gold => Credits (can be used to buy new weapon or moves)
MrA

Post by MrA »

In a mode like Royal it could be an option if the crystals can be collected for small points bonus (like 1 point for blue crystal, 2 points for gold)... The purpose is for diversity, like at the start there is a bonus for heading at the pole and capturing it, but perhaps that might not necessarily be worth as much as heading to the crystals. Its a bit like winnable checkpoints but less block based (as items can go anywhere)....

I don't even know if its desirable for not, its just a small thought.

(Or another way, points bonuses for who collects the most in the round, so the the number of crystals on the map don't effect servers MapPointsLimit differently per map.)
Enjoying TMOne
novationx

Post by novationx »

Does NADEO have plans to change the mode Elite with or without these items? :) ( any other plans? )

I know I read some stuff in HelloPlanet#4... But you can always tell me ^^ Im a cool guy , np.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
MPotK

Post by MPotK »

MrA wrote:In a mode like Royal it could be an option if the crystals can be collected for small points bonus (like 1 point for blue crystal, 2 points for gold)... The purpose is for diversity, like at the start there is a bonus for heading at the pole and capturing it, but perhaps that might not necessarily be worth as much as heading to the crystals. Its a bit like winnable checkpoints but less block based (as items can go anywhere)....

I don't even know if its desirable for not, its just a small thought.

(Or another way, points bonuses for who collects the most in the round, so the the number of crystals on the map don't effect servers MapPointsLimit differently per map.)
Remind me of a FPS on the DreamCast named Outrigger. If I recall correctly there was Item, big coins, dropped by killed players for extra points (It's possible that there was Coins to get directly on the map). The drop of extra points was really cool in multiplayer mode because one player kill another, 1 Coin drop and you kill the killer before he get the coin and he drop another one -> 3 points (one for the kill, two for the coins dropped).
fleo

Post by fleo »

MPotK wrote:Remind me of a FPS on the DreamCast named Outrigger. If I recall correctly there was Item, big coins, dropped by killed players for extra points (It's possible that there was Coins to get directly on the map). The drop of extra points was really cool in multiplayer mode because one player kill another, 1 Coin drop and you kill the killer before he get the coin and he drop another one -> 3 points (one for the kill, two for the coins dropped).
Yeah that was awesome! :clap:
Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
novationx

Post by novationx »

OR

We could make KILL CONFIRMED.

When you kill someone he drops a coin and you need to pick it up.
First team to 50coins wins.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Return to “Shootmania”