Platform TP: remove ghost mode

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Platform TP: remove ghost mode

Post by Dommy »

Remove ghost mode and just respawn player with items spawned again because its waste and is ruining total fun of title pack.

You play calmly and on one of lastest checkpoints you fall water - no points, isnt this frustrating well??? Common player (like me) rages and leaves this mode as fast as he can, specially if he has very, very, very close to 8000 pts score. I dont want to play this anymoreif it wont be removed.

And dont answer "u need skill/play more carefully" because its worse than no reply.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Re: Platform TP: remove ghost mode

Post by djhubertus »

+1

And bring Alinoa to voice acting :D
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

There should be a way though to reward those who do have the skill to get all the points in one run without dying.

How about not removing Ghost Mode and award "Ghost Points", so you get at least something for finishing a map in Ghost Mode. The Solo Ladder however would only count normal points.

Maybe something like that.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
fleo

Post by fleo »

That's quite weird to ask: "Please give me the best reward even when I fail". If you fail, you'll get the silver medal, it's not like you'd get nothing. Moreover in this mode, you don't need every gold medals to unlock the next maps. Usually in Trackmania, you can't get the gold medal if you respawn, that's similar imo. And I don't even talk about speedrunning where you get nothing x)

I understand your frustration but I like this system as taking risks to make combo is really...risky! And earning the gold medal (the best reward) even with fails would mean making a perfect run wouldn't give a better reward...that would be quite frustrating as well. In this case it would be nice to have Nadeo's medals back (or maybe they already are but I just suck too much to get them x) ).
Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

/offtopic: is there a fast way to start playing the map from beginning? making a fail and having to go to the world map, then go to the map takes like 30 secs every time...
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
plopp

Post by plopp »

Omnixor wrote:/offtopic: is there a fast way to start playing the map from beginning? making a fail and having to go to the world map, then go to the map takes like 30 secs every time...
Delete
NJin

Post by NJin »

Or whats with respawn penalty with losing points like in Stunts mode in TrackMania?
n-jin.xyz || Instagram || Twitter || Twitch || Discord: njin

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

plopp wrote:
Omnixor wrote:/offtopic: is there a fast way to start playing the map from beginning? making a fail and having to go to the world map, then go to the map takes like 30 secs every time...
Delete
goes to world map for me (playing solo).
Emilieng

Post by Emilieng »

Del should not lead you to the world map with the latest version of the title pack (released on friday evening):
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... rm#p221767

Do you still have this issue ?
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

Emilieng wrote:Del should not lead you to the world map with the latest version of the title pack (released on friday evening):
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... rm#p221767

Do you still have this issue ?
had to remove the title and download it again for it to work :thumbsup: looks like autoupdate doesn't work if it's there.

Return to “Shootmania”