Apologizes from Nadeo to Vee & Team Carbon

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Apologizes from Nadeo to Vee & Team Carbon

Post by Hylis »

Apologizes to Vee & Team Carbon

We recently stated that we had proof of cheating against Vee. This is why we ask him to apologize before yesterday. Meanwhile, we had to look at if something could have been wrong, and something did. A rare bug that was happening when players would join really distant servers, like European ones from NA, raised the anticheat suspicion by creating wrong proof of cheating. In addition, it should have been discovered earlier and handled with more care and time, but it did not happened because of a internal change of responsibility of our anticheat system in the month of August.

I then apologize for our mistake and I expect Team Carbon to be welcome to join ESWC this year. I would also thank the manager of Team Carbon for his great positive attitude toward his players and us, in order to help go as deep as possible into the investigations.

Florent 'Hylis' Castelnerac
Nadeo
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Re: Apologizes from Nadeo to Vee & Team Carbon

Post by Omnixor »

CAVITRON REKT :1010 :1010 :1010
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
testyrabbit

Post by testyrabbit »

Hylis,

I just want to say thank you for following the investigation through. We are sorry for seeming rude at some times but I am sure you can now understand why. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to work with us on this, because I would never expect a lead developer to do this from any other studio. I hope we can get this matter settled with ESWC as well.

Thank you again,
Danny "TestyRabbit" Gillies
Wabbitface

Post by Wabbitface »

Congrats Vee & Team Carbon!

I knew you guys were all right from the beginning, great that Hylis took a look in further detail and I'm glad it's all over. Good luck in training for ESWC!
Liam 'Wabbitface' Watson
ShootMania Shout-caster
Specs | Intel i5-3570k @ 3.80GHz | 16GB 2400MHz | Nvidia GTX 780 | Win10.1 64bit | Asus Maximus V Formula
plopp

Post by plopp »

It's nice to see that this got cleared up. It was very big of you Hylis to admit to this mistake and apologize.

To Team Carbon, good luck at eswc! It's gonna be fun to watch when people can't cry about lags.
Marvalz

Post by Marvalz »

Hey we were invited to ESWC twice in one year. Who else can say that? Haha. Glad it got sorted out and that Nadeo was so open to conversation with us. Cheers.
caspa

Post by caspa »

Cool, happy to see this all got cleared up. See you guys in Paris!
thelasttzar

Post by thelasttzar »

Yea cav, like I said before on reddit, anytime you want to go over definitions of words such as "allegedly" let me know and I'll be happy to help.
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

This is absolutely ridiculous, this should have been verified and rechecked BEFORE condemning a player in public. This type of thing could take a long time for vee and others to shed from their reputation, and now Nadeo proves themselves incompetent in yet another area while neglecting the NA community as usual.

This entire thing smelled fishy from Day 1 when cavitron was claiming Nadeo pays cheat sites to reveal customer information to them, I'd like to know where he got that information from and if he just lied to everybody to make a case against vee.

So what about lersion from BT, was he falsely detected of cheating by joining a distant server (the only active servers since your game is dead in NA) Giving cavitron all this attention over false accusations isn't going to help the trend of people whining and hackusating every time they run into somebody better than they are and I hope he is excluded from participating in Adult events from now on.

Return to “Shootmania”