"Enviroments" of ShootMania

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

hugocool

Re: "Enviroments" of ShootMania

Post by hugocool »

I would like a spaceship environment! Where you go around with futuristic weapons and blast the crap out of aliens! :D
System Shock FTW
Big fan of Daft Punk.
TMersion

Post by TMersion »

Hmmm... I think TM2, SM and QM will have the same environnements for all. Why? Example: You have SM and you want TM2. In these games there are the same environnements. On the internet, we can download a patch than add TM2 to SM. Some files will be added and could be runned only by SM, QM or TM2... I hope those games will add this system :D
Timmeh7

Post by Timmeh7 »

There will be 3 different environments for each game. There are three environments we already know: Valley and Canyon for TM, Cryo for SM. They can't be used by another game.
SamuraiRacer

Post by SamuraiRacer »

Lets keep in mind folks, the guys at Nadeo seem pretty down to earth. TM appeals to the casual gamer,
and so does Virtual Skipper. So one must assume that SM will be as well. Space and Underwater enviornments
would be unlikely, because come on, that is kind of farfetched :roll:. However places like Jungle, Desert, and Mountains would be cool as well.

I think that a Rally-esc envornment would be awesome. If any of us remember, this was portrayed in "The TM Zap!"
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Nah, nobody's afraid of space, I think...but it's been done so much and with so many different things--guns, mechs, spaceships, Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar, Stargate, and the list goes on and on. And so people are looking for more of a 'traditional' look to SM, at least at the start. Trackmania really has branched out with the mods, new games, and everything else that's been added--I'm sure we can expect the same from both Nadeo and the community as these games continue to be developed.
WIP
AngelFred

Post by AngelFred »

Maybe, someday, someone will popup with a mod of SM. Not a mod like TM (just like texturing all the world) but a real modification. I mean like Half-Life does. Team Fortress, Counter Strike, Day of Defeat. Those are buyable one. But, it'S because they were so much aprreciate that they became buyable. There is also the free one that can be awesome, like The Hidden, Insurgency, Firearms, etc.

I know that it's all because Half-Life was open-source. But maybe it will be? Or maybe it will be possible to forced-open source it?!?! :lol: I'm kidding.

Voilà.
La vie est belle!
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

That would be nice to O-S it...or make something of a devkit like they did with World in Conflict...it's an RTS made by Massive Studios...also bought by Ubisoft. But they've been folded into Ubi and have made no developments since. :-S Anyway, even thought WiC isn't open-source, one of the INSANE teams of users has made what they've called Modern Warfare mod, which basically is like a re-coding of WiC into WiC2, that the devs would have made if the devs had made one. :D
WIP
bobbotheclown

Post by bobbotheclown »

I dont think environments would be a good idea, time settings would be better.

civil war

ww1

ww2

vietnam

modern

future/scifi

I think these should be the ''environments'' in shootmania
roughly translated: the book of the dead.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

They've already unveiled one enviro for SM, if you've been paying attention...it's Cryo. A snow-based environment. And, for the start, just like TM, there are going to be 3 environments. Probably Cryo, Heat, and Grassland, if we're following the tendency of the TM-series...
WIP
bobbotheclown

Post by bobbotheclown »

well, alright, but i don't think that would work very well compared to time eras. :?

LOL, is the character going to handle differently?
roughly translated: the book of the dead.

Return to “Shootmania”