QuestMania : Centralized News about the game.

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Electron

Re: QuestMania : Centralized News about the game.

Post by Electron »

Very old stuff. For example Future was renamed to Galaxy a long time ago.
And these could be only working titles / code names.
Like Moon and Toy for never released prototypes for TrackMania 1.
Boo425

Post by Boo425 »

Is there a current approximate date for the -beta- of questmania? :3

-closed or open, I just want to know
Crashing happily since 2009.
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

Boo425 wrote:Is there a current approximate date for the -beta- of questmania? :3

-closed or open, I just want to know

TMarc wrote:A bit of new information in a recent interview at the PGW 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYxj4LW_qGQ from 17m15s on (English subtitles are there).

QuestMania will be delayed until ShootMania is stable and successful enough.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
Boo425

Post by Boo425 »

May aswell necro, as this whole subforum is dead... but I was just thinking, this is going to pull in a different gameplay style (apart from RPG itself), the map editor will become increasingly more difficult to create a good map from (if there is one in QM) as RPG focuses on story, not just gameplay.

**sorry if my grammar is a bit off...
Crashing happily since 2009.
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

What environment do you use in QM?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

adamkooo2 wrote:What environment do you use in QM?
At the moment: not anyone, since the developpment was stopped for uncertain time (see above).
rexin99

Post by rexin99 »

I somehow think that the whole concept could be incorporated into Shootmania.
Maybe with extra objects and a tool dedicated to easily toy with the actions between the objects and the map (collect 'card', a gate opens or just put an immobile turret in a halway, forcing you to find another way to complete your objective.)
Trylk255

Post by Trylk255 »

What you guys could do for Quest Mania, is to take every United environments and make us able to choose between different environment. For example, you could take Bay and make us a large city where you have to collect items to open a gate, talk to people. Also, if you want the gameplay more interesting, why not making interactive objects ?

I'm talking about a Subway station, you enter the subway, it get you somewhere in the map 9you build the tracks and say in map properties Station A connects to Station C, etc. And to make to connection possible, you have to build a track between the Stations.

And also, make a new tool for map connections, so example, take the offzone but make a new tools base on this without eliminating the player, instead of killing it, you select a zone in your map, into the properties, you have :

"Connect this trigger to ;

-> another map
- > Goal objective
-> Checkpoint(respawn from here (last checkpoint))

And... Let the players be able to have many environnements instead of using always the same one. So player can start from ; Rally, then they go to Snow, next environment is Alpine(oh well, this is a good idea for a new environment for TrackMania, snow racing, lmao, I think that would be very cool, yo ucould build icy tracks, you can climb the high montains, many things as well, but the map would be large, uh,.. very huge), then players go to Lagoon (once they got off the montains), etc. So you see what I mean ? To be able to use many environments without having to trick the game.

Without forgetting the whole big feature the the "Mania" series, you can add an Map Editor, Quest Editor.
mvv0105

Post by mvv0105 »

Maybe some "ManiaPlanet" gamemode with elements of every 3 games in all environments (Spawn SM player, upgrades & weapons & cars & items for planets or some in-game money), big maps-locations to explore with lobbies or arenas
Trylk255

Post by Trylk255 »

Do I understand that if we use cars into a map, we have topay planets for each cars ? Duh, I'm sorry but it's not everyone who can afford an "unknown price". And if we have 100 objects?

"Hello, how much planets will it cost me for 100 objects? Umm... I don't know, sorry. :)"

Return to “Questmania”