Level cap

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

mikepurdy1234

Level cap

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

If I wanted to max my level I would just need to make a map that I could "farm" and reach the level cap in a day.

This is the idea behind my "Skill-Set" system

New skills instead of new levels.

When 2 wizards go against each other in battle, it is their skills that win the day, not their level or age. This way a new player could have a chance at winning against a veteran. No one at level 20 should have to be forced to take only high level maps... same goes for low level players... they should not be left out of a map simply because only high level players can play on it.

I say no to player levels
-Purchase new skills with credit earned from playing or real cash if you are in a hurry
-No purchasing skills in PvP (player vs player) those skill sets must be equal in battle. (lock/unlock skills)
tcq

Re: Level cap

Post by tcq »

mikepurdy1234 wrote: I say no to player levels
-Purchase new skills with credit earned from playing or real cash if you are in a hurry
-No purchasing skills in PvP (player vs player) those skill sets must be equal in battle. (lock/unlock skills)
As noone knows anything about, how QM will be we can do a lot of speculation here. But i would also agenst extensive leveling.
Maybe something like (if you played 100 maps, then you get a level higher) an activity based system. And then you can sort the players after the activity (e.g. mak servers with this level limit). So you get more acitve players to play together and players which just us QM as a stand in, if they have time, to play together.
www.e-gekko.net

Post by www.e-gekko.net »

Or maybe like the current LADDER but better, if you kill players more skilled than you, or receive a quest from a NPC in a lvl you receive some exp.
A mmorpg must be balanced to ensure 1 year of game for all (except for nerds).
:geek:
The Power System (3.1) & TPS Gaseco & TPS OS System Coder
Founder of GFCx, the biggest and Oldest Trackmania Team. The LOL King.
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

I think the actual server system in Trackmania could be provided great in Questmania. You have LVL servers, just like we have our point system (0-100000). So you have servers from lvl 0 to 10 and some for lvl 5 to 15 and so on. This time noob bashing is limited as well =)
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

also a rpg based roc servers.

That way high skilled players can improve themselves.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
mammbos

Post by mammbos »

the level system can be the same with the league of legends one where you earn your level on the maps and not before for the wizards,swordmans etc and we can gain player level through a system simmilar to the lp one in tm right now but of course without reductions
timae

Post by timae »

this will surely be like the current TMF servers like "xxxxx - 60-90k High Skill Server" ... even this time with a RPG level and so on...
JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole idea of trackmania that all factors are equal, and that only the driving abilities of the player are deciding in whether you win or not. i'm quite sure that'll work the same for QM. i mean, there will probably be a ladder, just as in TM, but i doubt that you'll be 'stronger' when you've got a higher rank. ;)
CMC JumperJackツ
XyRyX

Post by XyRyX »

JumperJack wrote:forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole idea of trackmania that all factors are equal, and that only the driving abilities of the player are deciding in whether you win or not. i'm quite sure that'll work the same for QM. i mean, there will probably be a ladder, just as in TM, but i doubt that you'll be 'stronger' when you've got a higher rank. ;)

I second that :)
tcq

Post by tcq »

JumperJack wrote:forgive me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole idea of trackmania that all factors are equal, and that only the driving abilities of the player are deciding in whether you win or not. i'm quite sure that'll work the same for QM. i mean, there will probably be a ladder, just as in TM, but i doubt that you'll be 'stronger' when you've got a higher rank. ;)
Absolutly my opinion. But i could really think about a ladder, which allows you to do specific quests. Just compare it with the Ladderlimits in TMF, where you need a distinct amount of points to drive RoC.

Return to “Questmania”