QuestMania : Centralized News about the game.

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Knutselmaaster

QuestMania : Centralized News about the game.

Post by Knutselmaaster »

Centralisation of all news about QM to make searching easier :)
Don't be embarrassed to join in.

Environments in QM ?
Hylis wrote:we will take a little more time before the communication around it, but I can tell it will take place in different ages: each one is a different environment, equivalent to the different environments in TM.

(New)
Hylis wrote:The idea is to release around three titles per year, one for each game. I would like to see one TM², one SM and one QM environment each year. Now, this is more like the general idea. We may do less if there is too much work on each, or may be more if we have a better production capacity (it is really not linked to the number of people only, but the quality and ability to be more while keeping deepness)

so, this year, we want to release two title: one TM² and one SM, and ideally, we would like to release three titles next year. But now that we are well advanced on the first TM², we have to work a lot on the first SM.
The Gameplay
Hylis wrote:Arnoz31

tu as tout à fait raison qu'il faut probablement pouvoir progresser sans cesse dans un jeu. Le système de classe multiple permet de démultiplier ce temps de progression je suppose, un peu comme les gameplays de TM différent. Mais avec un bon gameplay, comme chacun de TM, il est aussi possible de progresser longtemps. C'est cela que nous devons avoir sans pour autant que la progression soit laborieuse avec des marches de progressions trop grandes.

Je rajouterais que c'est peut-être bien de pouvoir progresser sans avoir à apprendre. Je trouve un peu pénible de devoir connaitre tous les trucs de toutes les classes, leurs meilleures utilisations et leurs points faibles, leurs meilleures armes dans telles ou telles situation etc.

Ca pourrait se résumer par le fait qu'on cherche la profondeur plutôt que la largeur.
Hylis wrote:
Arnoz31, you are absolutely right, in a game one should probably be able to progress endlessly.
The multiple class system multiplies the available time to progress i suppose, kind of like the different gameplays in TM. But with a good elaborated gameplay, like each one in TM, you can also progress for a long time.
That's exactly what we need, but we mustn't make that progression too complicated, with too big steps up.

I add that it could be good to be able to progress without learning new things.
I find it a bit too difficult to have to know everything about all classes, their best applications and weak points, their best weapons in each situation etc.

The ManiaScript :
Hylis wrote:Notre idée, avec ManiaScript, est de faire un langage orienté jeu. Cela veut donc dire qu'il devra savoir manier les principes de sauvegardes, temps réel, interface et réseaux assez facilement. Il doit aussi pouvoir évoluer. Il y a beaucoup à faire dans ce domaine mais on avancera lentement et surement.
Hylis wrote:
Our plan with ManiaScript is to design a game oriented language. That means it should know how to manage savegames, real time, interface and networking with relative ease. It has to be able to evolve. There is a lot to do in this domain but we advance slowly and surely.

Hylis wrote:pour un mode de jeu, un script s'éxécute côté serveur
pour un manialink ou un mediatrack, par exemple, le script s'exécute côté client (protégé)
Hylis wrote:
For a gamemode, a script is executed server side.
For a ManiaLink or ManiaTrack for instance, the script is executed client side (protected).

Hylis wrote:à guise d'exemple, le premier ManiaScript réalisé en interne est un jeu de solitaire type spider qui se lance lorsqu'on roule sur une voie annexe d'un circuit et qui se referme lorsqu'on quitte cette voie.

C'est débile, je sais :mrgreen:
Hylis wrote:
To give an example, the first maniascript we realised internally is a game of spider (the card game) that starts when we enter a certain zone and quits when we get out of that zone.
It's kinda stupid, i know :mrgreen:

Ergonomics and Datamanagement :
refresh wrote:Il serait vraiment appréciable d'avoir une véritable gestion du contenu dans TM², SM et QM:
pouvoir gérer les maps, les voitures, les skins, les blocs et tout autre contenu additionnel directement dans le jeu.

Parce que actuellement, on peut juste ajouter du contenu via le jeu, mais on ne peut pas déplacer, supprimer, renommer, créer des dossiers... Ce serait vraiment agréable car c'est ce qui fait que j'ai un bordel monstre dans l'éditeur de circuits: je ne pense jamais à aller trier tout ça dans Windows avant de lancer le jeu: on ne s'en rends compte qu'une fois qu'on a l'éditeur sous les yeux.
Et puis même... Ca serait tellement plus pratique et "user-friendly" !
Hylis wrote:@refresh
Je ne suis pas certains que ce sera au lancement. Maniaplanet devra ensuite évoluer pour rendre plus confortable un certains usage du système.
Refresh wrote:
It would be really appreciated to have a real data management system in TM², SM and QM:
To be able to manage the maps, the skins, the blocks and every other content directly in the game.
Because right now we can only add things in the game, but we can't move, erase, rename nor create folders...
It would really be nice because that is what made a mess in my track editor: I never think of ordering everything in Windows before starting the game, one only starts realizing it once in the editor.
Even, it would be practical and user friendly.

Hylis responds:
I'm not certain that will be included at launch. ManiaPlanet has to evolve to make certain applications of the system more comfortable to use.

Screens and videos :
Hylis wrote:there is no screen in the video of QM envs. Too much in progress.

The small phrase:
Hylis wrote:what is important to think of when you try to imagine how QuestMania work, is," it is different from what I am thinking right at this moment" Then you can easily think how it works :mrgreen:
Thanks, Yrp360 for the quotes!
Last edited by Knutselmaaster on 03 Mar 2011, 22:29, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Update
seeba

Re: QuestMania : Centralized News about the game.

Post by seeba »

Shouldn't it be "phrase" rather than "frase"? ;)
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

Frenchalization!
I think you're right, i'll change it.
Thanks for the heads up :)
tcq

Post by tcq »

Hylis wrote:il y aura moyen d'hyperlinker les maps en solo et les serveurs en multi. Donc même si vous n'affichez pas tous, vous pourrez "loader" ou "changer de serveur" à certains endroits en fonction de certaines conditions. C'est valide pour TM et SM aussi. C'est une fonction de base de maniascript. Je pense même que ça doit être possible aujourd'hui sur forever en multi.
Translation needed =)

Only thing i understand that it is possible via maniascript under specific cirumstances to link different stuff,like maps in the solo mode or servers in the multiplayer.
And this is possible in all three games.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

It will be possible to hyperlink maps in solo or servers in multiplayer through ManiaScript.

I think it is feasible on servers today (automatic change) but I was answering to a wish to see QM big worlds. If you hyperlink, it could be as big as you wish in fact.
tcq

Post by tcq »

Ah okay, thank you for this translation =) This sounds like an incredible feature to create campaigns (TM2) or a big world in QM.
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

Already doable in tmf you say?
I will try to find out asap, it sounds like a very cool feature that isn't known yet....

I'll update the 1st post too, thanks!
seeba

Post by seeba »

Hylis wrote:Je pense même que ça doit être possible aujourd'hui sur forever en multi.
I would translate it like that it should be possible today in TMF, not that it is already.
But you may be right :)
I'm curious how that's going to work^^
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

I live in France for over 6 years now so i kinda understand French, and to me it translates as "it is possible if i'm not mistaking"
seeba

Post by seeba »

You're right, I'm sorry.
I'll never criticise you again (at least concerning French ;)).

Return to “Questmania”