Quest Ideas

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

jamie_macdonald

Re: Quest Ideas

Post by jamie_macdonald »

Can we inlude some puzzles for entry into some areas please? ...Not jsut FF (final fantasy) style .. walk in to a player ... duel them ... boss ares .. duel them ... duel this duel that ....zzzzzzzzzzzz..

Maybe some areas in the maps (like on the way into a dungeon/cavern/castle) entrance .. inculde something to tease the brain to gain entry to the area, maybe some collaborative puzzles like moving block and reflecting things to shine a light on a beacon to open the door? (good possibilities in multiplayer puzzle elements i hope).

..either that or exclude puzzles and brain teasers (which probably means i won't touch the game atall) :lol:
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

jamie_macdonald wrote:Can we inlude some puzzles for entry into some areas please? ...Not jsut FF (final fantasy) style .. walk in to a player ... duel them ... boss ares .. duel them ... duel this duel that ....zzzzzzzzzzzz..

Maybe some areas in the maps (like on the way into a dungeon/cavern/castle) entrance .. inculde something to tease the brain to gain entry to the area, maybe some collaborative puzzles like moving block and reflecting things to shine a light on a beacon to open the door? (good possibilities in multiplayer puzzle elements i hope).

..either that or exclude puzzles and brain teasers (which probably means i won't touch the game atall) :lol:
Well, we can't have THAT, JM....we need you playing the game! :-P But yeah I agree, puzzles would be a good edition...especially a couple that would make you facepalm when you figured out the solution. For those that haven't actually played Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, the upcoming is a SPOILER:
For example, in LoZOoT, in the VERY FIRST dungeon, you have to shoot one of those "all-seeing eye" things above the door to open it...I ignored it because I just thought it was room decoration...and when I finally figured it out, I definitely facepalmed.
WIP
teku123456

Post by teku123456 »

S-Jay wrote:Sorry, but I think what you just suggested would be boring.

You see, on a TM-track, skill can make a difference (and a big one). I don't see how skill would make a difference in a role playing game.

Therefore, many gaming hours should be rewarded with upgrades, giant weapons, in-game money and so on and so forth.

Of course, there must be a way to stabilize the economy avoid inflation, but I trust the creative minds of the QM developers as far as this is concerned.

I have a quest idea/quest system though (i don't know if this has been suggested before). Apart from the nadeo/npc-quests (if there will be any), there should be quests that one player can give to another.

Compare it with the Blue, White, Red, Black and Green nadeo tracks in TMUF and the custom tracks on TMX.

How to prevent those player-based quests from becoming repetitive? To be frank, I have no clue, it would probably contain a lot of grinding (and thus boring) content.
Im with you on THAT one :lol:
steve_barnes

Post by steve_barnes »

just hope that its not going to be like :
1. get this
2. kill that
3. get that other thing
4. kill the thing next to the thing you just killed before
5. and so on
hope for the best ;)
tcq

Post by tcq »

steve_barnes wrote:just hope that its not going to be like :
1. get this
2. kill that
3. get that other thing
4. kill the thing next to the thing you just killed before
5. and so on
hope for the best ;)
I usually like the "kill this and that" quests =)
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

I hate all this boring standard quests.
"kill this and that" is the best of them, but still not cool enough :P

But I laughed at
steve_barnes wrote:4. kill the thing next to the thing you just killed before
:lol: :lol: :lol:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!

Return to “Questmania”