TMU/NF Mods NOT Compatible with Stadium "2"

Talk about the car skins/models, mods and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

isamu

Re: TMU/NF Mods NOT Compatible with Stadium "2"

Post by isamu »

Skeleton wrote:
isamu wrote:Whoah whoah WHOAH!!!!!!!!! :shock: :o :shock: :o Is that a real IN-GAME shot? That looks VERY COOL!!!! Is that a real city skyline we'll be able to see while racing? Please post more pic ASAP! :pil
Yes it's real ingame shot and these skylines will be seen while driving if people use the mods.
More ingame skyline images coming soon :thumbsup:
That is great news Skeleton :thumbsup: When you say "if people use the mods.", can you clarify this comment? Are you saying that those of us who have the mod installed will be able to see it *even* if we play online and the server does NOT have it running on their end? Because I was told that in Canyon, in order for us to see the mods we have installed, the server Admin has to have it installed and running on their end. Is this still required for Stadium? I hope not. :(
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

All mods including this will all depend on the track builder. If a track builder uses a mod like this then anyone who races on that track will see it. It's always been like this.
I think at one time people who owned servers could force a mod on there server, I'm not sure if they will be able to do this on TM2 Stadium. We will see.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Perhaps there should be a local force mod option: select your favorite mod as general setting :thumbsup:
isamu

Post by isamu »

I see Skeleotn thanks.

TMarc, that is EXACTLY how it works in TMNF. You can load any mod you want at any time, and you will see it on EVERY track on ANY server regardless of whether the mod builder built tracks with it or not. This is not how it's done and in Canyon and it's a real shame, so I hope like you said, we can get a force mod to local setting or something like that.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

well, who said Canyon or TrackMania² absolutely has to be exactly as TMUF? ;)
No one, so no need to be angry :thx:
HawkGer
Translator
Translator

Post by HawkGer »

I think that was implemented to keep the competition fair in ManiaPlanet. Imagine for example someone making a mod in ShootMania that has only Black and White textures. Players would be so much easier to spot and eliminate.
It's not the same in Canyon and Stadium...but you can still have a competitive advantage.
I was disappointed in Canyon when I discovered that it wasn't possible anymore to choose a default mod. But when you think about it Nadeo's decision makes sense.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Has there been any progress on this? Are old TM Stadium mods still not compatible with Stadium 2?
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

The conversion to the new engine has had some consequences, some files have been removed some have been added, some have been remade because of new techniques.
So it is not possible to maintain compatibility with the old mod rules.
You have to convert your mods if you want them to work properly in the new stadium, there is no workaround.
xt3

Post by xt3 »

That is understandable. There are only four images that urk me. StadiumFabric, StadiumFabricStructure and the clouds.dds for moods. The clouds no longer show the colors and the other files don't support binary transparency.
fenix2

Post by fenix2 »

isamu wrote:Like I said in the other thread, I have a lot of very cool graphical mods that completely change the textures and colors of Stadium, and would very much like to use them on new TM2 Stadium. For example, this is a MUST HAVE mod that I desparately want to use in TM2

http://forum.mania-creative.com/thread-970.html

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1365 ... ff2dr4.jpg

It's called Deep Disco. Unfortunately the author, Fenix, has gone MIA and hasn't posted at that forum in ages. If someone could make it so that I can use that mod in TM2 Stadium that would be fantastic!
FenixBlue here, I was back on TM2 for a little bit but after playing with the files I honestly have no interest in modding TM2 because of things like no support for transparency and no support for cloudfx shadows which means no starmap projection disco crazyness. I don't believe in taking steps backwards so I might be done with modding.

Return to “Workbench”