Save map with keyboard?

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Grrrrrrr

Save map with keyboard?

Post by Grrrrrrr »

OMG I was working on one awesome map and BLAM nVidia driver hung and had to restart. The good news is that the driver recovered successfully so my PC didn't crash. BAD news is that TM Valley is now off the screen. The game is still running, as I can hear sounds respond to my clicks and I can even hit Enter and start a test drive. Full screen just shows my desktop, and the windowed mode simply puts my desktop in a window rather than the game. So... the game is still running I just can't see it... I hate Mondays.

Is there a key or two I can use to save the map before ending the process and restarting the game? Oh yeah... NO ONE should use nVidia drivers after version 3.14! :teub:
YonCan

Re: Save map with keyboard?

Post by YonCan »

As far as I know, "s" for saving (like in the predecessors) is still not implemented (it has been reported several times, but I haven't seen a fix until now).

I didn't try this before, but perhaps you can find some temp file of your map. If you can access the Win Explorer, you could try to save it to another place and try to open it after a restart. (Not very likely, I have to admit. Probably you can't copy this file because it's open in MP. Probably you cannot load a temp file of a previous session in MP. :? Don't know, but it's worth a try.)
PapyChampy

Re: Save map with keyboard?

Post by PapyChampy »

You could use the autosave editor plugin in the future to avoid this.

Can't really bring up a better suggestion than YonCan's, other than to save manually regularly.

Return to “Track Editor”