Ingame mixmapping tool could be better

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

Wormii
Translator
Translator

Ingame mixmapping tool could be better

Post by Wormii »

Hey, whole stadium community wishes Nadeo to fix this little details in TM2 Stadium blockmix tool.

The tool is really awesome, but we'd like the border between grass and road go green (and driveable also up, now it works only down). Also, we get stupid graphical errors and overlapping borders of the road. And we aren't talking about those small 1x1 banked blocks, but also other banked blocks that can't be placed on ground without the blockmix tool. Would be cool if it worked like normal downhill block connects with tunnel roads, so smooth and clean.

Sincerely, stadium mappers :thumbsup:
wormi27z, wormi, w_rmi, kybermato, Worm, previously from teams [DFF], pls., Don|, PENTA>>, PkD/, [FBR], nyan'
roaSone9

Re: Ingame mixmapping tool could be better

Post by roaSone9 »

Everything has been said, please update. :thumbsup:
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Ok, maybe I have to explain :oops:

1. You build the pattern you wish in the air
2. ctrl+click to pick the geometry you wish (both curved slopes)
3. place them at the right place

The pickink in mixmaping take the geometry as it is. It's different from selecting the block directly :pil
Attachments
noclips.jpg
noclips.jpg (74.1 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Wormii
Translator
Translator

Post by Wormii »

Yeah, that is not a big deal. However, this is:

As you see the level of the road is higher than grass level (green is how slope should be, red is how it is, np for my sicko paint skills), which basically means that the car can't go up even though driving down works fine and quite bugfree. Of course it can be avoided by placing some kind of slope underground, but that's a way uglier than those green borders the game gave when mixmapping in TMU with 3rd party programs. Making that (or any other similar ground placed block) work smoothly there is the main thing :)

Otherwise the ingame mixer is just fabulous, really nice work with it! With this little improvement it would be pretty much perfect in my eyes :3

And oh, I've got my translator sign on forums, cool :mrgreen:
wormi27z, wormi, w_rmi, kybermato, Worm, previously from teams [DFF], pls., Don|, PENTA>>, PkD/, [FBR], nyan'
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

in TMF the thing you described was possible, because when placing this block on the ground, you got no clip at all... and you could put a simple roadpiece to create green clip. in TM2 it doesn't seem like putting a block without any clip is possible.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
MrA

Post by MrA »

Because the piece with the green lip is designed for touching the ground, but an air piece simply is not... mixing give possibilities rather than fixing every desire ;) And its awesome the things you can do already ...

Why let the ground get in the way? ;)

:yes:

But to directly address the issue (I think you want it go from air slope to grass?), the best I manage so far is here...

or if you have room for alittle road, its much nicer (imo)

You can also do like a hybrid of those, less 'road barriers' in the grass...

The simple slope continuation underground and then a flat road piece through can also work, but you get a small glitch where the blue arrow points....

Editing over ;)
Enjoying TMOne
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

MrA wrote:Because the piece with the green lip is designed for touching the ground, but an air piece simply is not... mixing give possibilities rather than fixing every desire ;) And its awesome the things you can do already ...
Big +1

I think we need "mix-mapping" spirit ;) Some possibilities work fine and other ones don't work. That's mix-mapping rule and spirit. Mix-mapping bring more possibilities but it shouldn't mean work for Nadeo. It is just more freedom and diversity. This is more interesting for mappers to find nice and clever solution ;)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Alternative borders of such blocks placed on the ground would be really great :1010
Perhaps thats also where custom objects could help in between. ;)

However, some blocks actually already have the little green slopes that allow to drive on them:
ImageImageImageImageImage
See: Image

But the remaining of 2-1-x don't have them - although 2-1-4 hits the ground at 30° similar to those blocks where there is no slope :?

Btw. for mixmapping I would like to temporarily disable the connectors, here the yellow blobs at the block ends , so I could directly see if the block I want to place matches at least visually or by its shape...

(didn't remind nor find the shortcut if there is one :oops: )
Wormii
Translator
Translator

Post by Wormii »

MrA, those ways are a lot more bumpy than a green slope, which would work really fine. The tunnel thing ofc can be done like that, but it's still ugly :p

I've talked about this with people and we all agree these green slopes would make the tool :1010
MrA

Post by MrA »

Yes, sure they would make good candidates for Nadeo to add the ground variant (actually TM lacks block variants overall more than SM). But all I say is you can still do so much already....

I would guess a quick solution can be found using the new embedded objects feature, just a little slope/lip piece using existing textures (as you must) would do it, and it can be present for all your maps. (When I say quick, I mean once someone makes the object it will be quick to use it)

:thumbsup:
Enjoying TMOne

Return to “Track Editor”