To fix your Maniaplanet install on WinXP

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

To fix your Maniaplanet install on WinXP

Post by Alinoa »

Gugli wrote:We found and fixed the nasty bugs !

To fix your Maniaplanet install on WinXP :
- Download a Minimal Setup here : http://download.maniaplanet.com/Maniapl ... lSetup.exe (it's the same URL, but the file has been updated since my previous post)
- Install that over your broken install, and it should fix it.

If it doesn't, or if you encounter any other issue, please do tell.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for bearing with us :oops:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
ApexTwin

Re: To fix your Maniaplanet install on WinXP

Post by ApexTwin »

Hi there,
thanks for the fix, but instead of getting an error message ("The procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEX could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll") after installing the file actually "nothing happens" anymore after choosing play in the start menu, means game does not start no entry in task manager for a procedure. Hope this info helps to improve the fix, (actually anxiously waiting ;-) )

Greetings!
Gugli
Nadeo
Nadeo
Location: Mon PC est à Paris, mais mon coeur rode dans les forêts de Lozère

Post by Gugli »

ApexTwin wrote:after installing the file actually "nothing happens" anymore after choosing play in the start menu, means game does not start no entry in task manager for a procedure
Hi,

This really looks like a crash we've fixed recently.

Can you try to download an install again the setup from http://download.maniaplanet.com/Maniapl ... lSetup.exe. The file has been updated multiple times these days, and you will want the very latest version.
Also check if the shortcut you use to launch Maniaplanet points to the same location you're installing the setup to. You want to be sure you don't have multiple installs.

If none of the above works, please come and tell us, we'll investigate further.
--
(>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)
ApexTwin

Post by ApexTwin »

Hi there,
tried the new link, downloaded it, installed it and gave it a try, with no success. I restarted my machine and gave it another try, again with no success. It´s the same thing as before after hitting the start button in the initial menu nothing happens. Checked task manager in "Processes" after hitting the start button again ...and there was no entry of a running application (maniaplanet). I´m running Win XP 64 Bit in the English version... if that is of any relevance ?!
Thank you for the quick response! Keep it up!

Let me know if there´s any support I can give maybe by supplying any valueable information about my machine or else!

Greetings,
Apex
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You could try the debug version (see link in my siganture) that creates a more verbose log file in your Windows documents folder\maniaplanet
ApexTwin

Post by ApexTwin »

Hi there,
the install of the debug version fails: "This application failed to start because libwebp.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem." < funny isn´t it ?! Should I remove the two old installations of maniaplanet (initial & minimal setup) and retry the installation of the debug version? I´ve created a zip file of the maniaplanet log files and sys and app logs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie5r3j6r4yd4n ... 4.zip?dl=0

Thanks for the support!

Greetings,
Apex
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

thanks for the files.

Please check in the folder where Maniaplanet is installed, if there is a file named libwebp.dll (395kB) and libwebp_a.dll (253kB).

If those are there, does the filesize match?
If they are not there, check if there is a file with a similar name, but different extention, e.g. .tmp
Perhaps the file is also in c:\ProgramData\ManiaPlanet\PacksCache
This is done by the updater.

In that case, rename libwebp.tmp to libwebp.dll and libwep_a.tmp to libwebp_a.dll, make sure the files are aside ManiaPlanet.exe, and try to launch Maniaplanet again.

A complete reinstallation should normally work. :?
ApexTwin

Post by ApexTwin »

You guys are really at it! Thanks!

So first thing I´ve done was checking on the named files; the size of "libwebp.dll" was 395kB and of the size of "libwebp_a.dll" was 252 kB not 253kB ?!.
So next I gave it a try and removed the initial and the other two installations done in the aftermath. Though I kept the folders in "My documents" (< thought that would not interfere).
Then I´ve installed the minimal setup again, as result I´m back at the point were the game does not start at all (no start menu shows up, no entry in task manager).
Checked afore mentioned files again, "libwebp.dll" was there with 395kB, though "libwebp_a.dll is missing completely. I could not find the c:\ProgramData\ManiaPlanet\PacksCache folder, really searched through all of the files also the ones under "My Documents" to find "libwebp_a.dll " at no success.
But I figured there were more logfiles under the latter folder (someway they´ve ended up there)that could be more relevant (checked the date of creation) and uploaded them at your disposal, please find link here :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd0juemijgsaa ... 6.zip?dl=0

I hope that helps. May it also relate to the now missing libwebp_a.dll ?!

Keep it up!
Greetings,
Apex
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

the crash is due to ManiaPlanet. Can't figure properly, you would need to use the debug exe again.
i'm sending you a link to libwebp_a.dll from my setup, perhaps this already is enough.
Normally ManiaPlanet updater should see if some file is missing, and trigger again an update.
But if the crash happens before the updater can start... it will be detective work to find out,
or you really clean everything again and reinstall (i know, how many times already!?...).
Make sure to get the latest setup from the player page, then no update is needed.
ApexTwin

Post by ApexTwin »

Hi TMarc,
I really appreciate your efforts!
Now after installing the libwebp_a.dll I regained the start menu, though nothing happens after hitting the start button just like before.
I´ve found that there´s been a new entry in the log file right after the last try maybe that helps. Will give the debug version another try.
Her the last log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sphp9s3u0r9f9 ... 2.zip?dl=0

I did download the last install (today) from maniaplanet.com the last two installs minimal & debug came from links given here. The first install came via maniaplanet just like the first one. That makes it four overall ;) , soon to be 5.

Hope that helps.

Greetings,
Apex

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”