[B2.1][mt] Custom camera , position error

Moderator: NADEO

Mikey

[B2.1][mt] Custom camera , position error

Post by Mikey »

This is hard to explain. But here goes.
I was using MT in canyon for a ingame trigger using a custom camera, and when interpolation is set to none, its is buggy when setting the position of the camera with multple key points.
After you postion the camera on a key other than the first (eg 2), then goto the next key (eg 3)to position the camera, the screen picture does not move when using the cursor keys, but the co-ordinates do change its bugged, then going to the previous key (eg 2) the values have changed to be that of the key before it (eg 1) .Its impossible to set the position of the camera across multiple keys beacuase the keep changing after you set them.
This only seems to happen when interpolation is none, other interpolations are ok
zarexz

Re: [B2.1][mt] Custom camera , position error

Post by zarexz »

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. My work arround is not to use keys but different tracks/blocks only.

So, I make a custom cam at the time line with the start and end key only. For the next move I insert a new custom cam in to the same time line as the first.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

I've never really tried cameras without any interpolation but for this post I have just tried it on Canyon.
It looks to be very buggy indeed. I added a key but when moving and dragging the camera nothing happened. I pressed play to preview it and it moved. When I went back to the key after the preview now I see I can move the camera on that key. I added another key and another problem arose, my first key I added reverted to it's original position copying start key position :?
I can honestly say custom camera with interpolation set to none is broke :teub:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yeah.
Besides this the MT should display the camera path as 3D curve like for a flight simulator, or optionally the target vectors of the current key frame, like when editing splines in a editor.

Sometimes it happens to have keyframes to near to each other, and the interpolation makes wild curves.
Of course you will see them during test play, but it would ease a lot the making of camera flight paths :yes:
zarexz

Post by zarexz »

TMarc wrote: Besides this the MT should display the camera path as 3D curve like for a flight simulator, or optionally the target vectors of the current key frame, like when editing splines in a editor.
:1010 +1

where you can just nudge and pull the curve or vectors until satisfied :yes:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

zarexz wrote: :1010 +1

where you can just nudge and pull the curve or vectors until satisfied :yes:
Exactly this :thumbsup:

Additional optional requirement:
Show the speed of the camera movement with different shades of colors of the path:
- slow = black or white, depending of the mood
- fast = yellow
- faster = orange
- really fast = red
- crazy = pink/purple

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”