[TitlePack] Elite Pro Mod - call for help [closed]

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

dovahk1n

Re: Elite Pro Mod - Brainstorm together

Post by dovahk1n »

novationx wrote:I just realised that you would need to do 6 laserhits in total if you dont use the PowerRail ( or another weapon )
+ The defenders can even pickup armors and can be even stronger.

So that sounds waaaaaay too hard for the attacker :/
The attacker definately needs to have an added benefit.

Finding balance is hard!!
Don't forget that the attacker will have 6 armors ! And again, with an item to have a single-ammunition weapon (which for example can give a +2) it can be balanced. It will force the attacker to move fast, and make decision about which items he will let to defence and which items he will take. For spectators it sounds also better, because sometimes the attacker will choose to have full armors instead of another weapon and sometimes on the other hand he will choose to take the weapons instead of the armors.
And if there is any problem of balance after testing it in-game, you're able to do what TitiShu said, to already have the weapons in attack but to have to pick up ammos and defenders will be able to pick up these ammos but won't be able to use them.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

What do you think about making goal area blocked by gate, it will open only after 45 sec. so players can't camp near pole.

I still think that the biggest problem in Elite is maps, You are building and approving official maps with small walls, cover points, fences. Most of combo maps have corridors without obstacles. We could try modify for EliteArena.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

djhubertus wrote:What do you think about making goal area blocked by gate, it will open only after 45 sec. so players can't camp near pole.

I still think that the biggest problem in Elite is maps, You are building and approving official maps with small walls, cover points, fences. Most of combo maps have corridors without obstacles. We could try modify for EliteArena.
I don't think the problem is the maps. Nadeo already tried to release maps where the defenders needed to go to the pole while the attacker respawn next to it. And it didn't worked.
The only thing is that this mod needs to be less repetitive.

We were thinking with Dreammy about an item for the PowerRail, which for example gives you 10/15 sec when your rail can do +2 hits. It will change the gameplay completely, because defenders will try to cover this item, but once the attacker will take it, defenders will have the choice to rush the attacker or to play safely, while the attacker will have to move fast to kill the defenders quickly.
Only with one thing like that, you can avoid camp (because if defenders will let the item to the attacker, it will be very hard for defence even if they play safely).
novationx

Post by novationx »

Okay so, what we will test tomorrow is:

Attacker:
6 armors

1st weapon:
Laser = 1 damage

2nd weapon:
PowerLaser = 2 damage = instant kill
You pick up bullets for this gun on the map OR it will automatically reload. ( testing )

OR

LightningGun = 1 damage after 1.5seconds of hitting.
This weapon also pushes back/stuns the defenders ( feels like u get bumped, but very softly )
You could say that this weapon can block rushers. ( testing )
Video of LightningGun: http://youtu.be/cIc3L6x9Z-A?t=9m35s

Defenders:
2 armors

1st weapon:
Rockets = 1 damage

2nd weapon:
PowerRockets = 2 damage
They are 10% bigger & 10% slower than normal rockets ( testing )

Items on the map
1st Item:
Stamina Pickups = Adds 5% to ur Stamina ( maybe it will be 10% - testing )

2nd Item:
StaminaBlocker = You dont lose stamina for 10s
So you can use all the stamina you want to go extra fast ( testing )

3rd Item:
An instant full reload of whatever weapon u have equipped.

Others:
Spotting the enemy with your crosshair will show you a weapon icon. This way you know which weapon the enemy has equipped.

I decided not to add armor-items because this will only make it unbalanced :/ Im willing to test it, but I have no faith in it.

I like how it stays Laser vs Rockets.

1 button to switch between weapons

When ur gun is empty you switch automatically to your other gun ( = u can toggle this setting)
Last edited by novationx on 24 Jul 2014, 00:55, edited 5 times in total.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

I think that secondary weapons must be more different... like that there are just a powerfull variant so it won't add new gameplay... totally different weapon would be better (for me), but there are also elitealternative for that (maybe ad more weapon to choose in elitealternative)

Don't think that Stamina blocker is possible idem for StaminaPickUps... you can't add or block the stamina exept if you have already decreased it before
Last edited by TitiShu on 24 Jul 2014, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
novationx

Post by novationx »

TitiShu wrote:I think that secondary weapons should be more different... like that there are too similar just powerfull...

Don't think that Stamina blocker is possible idem for StaminaPickUps... you can't add or block the stamina exept if you have already decreased it before
I asked Domino, he said it was possible. Anyways... we'll be doing the testing tomorrow.
I also think weapons are too similar... :/ altho the LightningGun would be pretty badass.

Also TitiShu, if you maybe create a LightningGun that would be awesome. It sounds a bit complex to make :/
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

For the PowerRail, the best will be an item that you pick and which gives you this secondary weapon for a certain period (like 10 sec). But the question will be, do we have to place few PowerRail items on the map, or only 1 which can reappear after a certain time (like in combo) ?

To have an idea of such an item : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaxtJnlcCfg (usually you have to do at least 2 shots with the rail to kill the ennemy, so basically it's the same than for this mod)

And TitiShu, the PowerRail and the PowerRocket are 2 new weapons. For the PowerRail, the beam, the sound and the explosion are differents, and for the PowerRockets, i'll do another "look" than the actual rockets.

I also thought about a fast reload item, which will be active for like 10 sec.
TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

dovahk1n wrote: And TitiShu, the PowerRail and the PowerRocket are 2 new weapons. For the PowerRail, the beam, the sound and the explosion are differents, and for the PowerRockets, i'll do another "look" than the actual rockets.
Even if they don't have the same looks and sounds they are lasers and rockets in the gameplay exept the power and the speed for rockets they are basicly the same... it's more a variant or upgraded weapons than new...

and i really think that new weapon would be better

I can recreate a nucleus with a different look it will be a nucleus nothing else
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
dovahk1n

Post by dovahk1n »

Btw, PowerRockets have a different size and different speed than actual rockets, so i don't think you can say it's the same weapon ;P
And if you want new weapons, i guess EliteAlternative had been for that. I plan to create more weapon for EliteAlter.
Here, the purpose (in my opinion) is to completely change the gameplay to do an Elite Mod which will have the advantages of the classic Elite and permit to remove the repetitiveness and lack of options. It also will be better to watch for spectators and to comment for streamers.
novationx

Post by novationx »

He is right.
The weapons are too similar, but lets just test it anyways. Maybe everybody will love it. I was thinking about a shotgun.

Return to “Workbench”