mania planet launcher does not open/load[fixed]

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

jar009

mania planet launcher does not open/load[fixed]

Post by jar009 »

well I've been experiencing this for a while now.
but now it is really starting to bug me.

as I click on the maniplanet launcher, or even the game .exe file
it won't open.

sometimes I have to wait up to 15 minutes before the launcher opens.

untill now I've solved this with going to Mania exchange and install and play a random map. once I push install and play the same thing happens only this time I can excecute it in the procces manager. where i shut down the maniaplanet launcher and click again on the install and play button (redoing this 3 times in a row)

and only than after 3-5 minutes maniaplanet opens.

once it opens it always freeze for another 3 mintues untill the log in screen.

once logged in (takes about 5 clicks on the log in button to finally log in...)
everything works fine.

I've checked all my computer spec. settings, everything I know off but nothing seems to be odd unless i open the launcher or maniplanet...

is there anywhere a hotfix or a definitive fix for?

if so I'd like to try it :)

lolig
TMarc

Re: mania planet launcher does not open/load

Post by TMarc »

that's very strange. did you already try to start the launcher with administrator priviledges?
Do you see a lot of disk activity while it tries to start and still nothing happens?
Please also check in the task manager.

Best thing would be to avoid as much as possible any additional programs in the autostart,
also not to start any download, network file sharing or chat utility,
and then to try ManiaPlanet.

Please also try the debug version (link see in my signature) and provide a maniaplanetlog*.txt file from your user Maniaplanet folder.
jar009

Post by jar009 »

well I always run everything as administrator. since I have sometimes problems with other programs I use for music making.

anyways in the proces tab it says maniaplanet launcher uses 0% - 1%

If i wait another 5-10 minutes it rises between 3-12% than it drops once again to 0% - 1% than eventually it opens (about 10-15 minutes later)

if I use my "fast way" to open mania planet it rises up to 13% -14% and stays stable untill it opens once it opens it stays on a rough 3-6% CPU usage.

anyways. this has been going on for a rough 2 years for now but now I'm back really active on tm² so it started to bug me.

for the rest I got maniaplanet save on my C disk. it has 1 terrabyte space, atm only 122GB free, my other 2 1TB disks are only half full but there you can't open .exe files from on them (backup disk, and one for my music stuff)

so basicly there should be enough room, all drivers are up to date. pc has recently been revised.

upgraded RAM a while ago
(even before this happend when opening maniplanet)

on any beta phase I never experienced this it was only once maniaplanet was out. the problem has become worse since the release of TM Storm but I don't think it has anything to do with it :s

it will prob. be something with my machine since no one esle I ever asked this about knew anything about it :s

i'm going to try the debug version now and I'll let you know if anything improved :s

lolig

edit:
the debuged version: maniaplanet opens faster about 2-3 minutes. CPU usage the 1st minute: 0% than it rised to 12% than opend maniaplanet and froze it for 2 minutes (CPU 23%) than CPU went down to a stable 6% and everything worked again.
Last edited by jar009 on 20 Sep 2014, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

the debug verison is usually slower than the regular version.
its only advantage, it logs more stuff, and this could help us to see where it is stopping or idleing.
jar009

Post by jar009 »

TMarc

Post by TMarc »

ok, thanks.

Firtst thing to do, you should update your nVidia drivers. I have 340.52 (r340_00) with a GTX560Ti and ManiaPlanet is working fine there.

Then, after the driver update, reset the settings for ManiaPlanet.exe and ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe in the driver settings, and also reset the settings of ManiaPlanet itself: please delete the file Default.SystemConfig.Gbx in your Windows documents ManiaPlanet\Config folder.

Then try to run it directly in windowed mode first - for that use the corresponding setting in the Launcher.
jar009

Post by jar009 »

So I've updated my drivers again. I deleted the "Default.SystemConfig.Gbx" file
I tried to open the launcher to adjust the settings

***here is the point now.
once I open the normal launcher the client does not open even not after 30 minutes waiting... I've tried it a few times today.
anyways if I open the debug version it opens immediatly but I can't set the configuration this way..
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Apparently your firewall or your antivirus is blocking the normal ManiaPlanet.exe.
Double/triple-check it to be sure.

ManiaPlanet_Logs.exe certainly does not display the settings dialog since that is only in ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe, which is normally started by the shortcut on the desktop ;)
jar009

Post by jar009 »

thanks TMarc,

I've been looking into the Firewall settings, and there were standing 5 Maniaplanets. 2 of them were also checked as public. So I was looking up wich ones these were. these were the Steam versions of maniplanet. I checked the other 3 maniaplanets as public and save my settings.

now once I open the launcher it opens within 5seconds :)

so I think it was the firewall this whole time :s

lolig
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

jar009 wrote:now once I open the launcher it opens within 5seconds :)
Sounds good :thumbsup:

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”