[all envi's] copy/paste blockmixing in mountains + more

Moderator: NADEO

bas_ekkelenkamp

[all envi's] copy/paste blockmixing in mountains + more

Post by bas_ekkelenkamp »

Hey..
I just found an insane bug while experimenting in the valley editor, so I decided to make a recording of it. During the progress of recording I found out this bug was bigger than I expected, so I tried to record the different possibilities possible with this, video turned out to be longer than I expected. :D

>>watch video here<<

"How to"
- I started off by taking a road piece that connects with the side of a mountain. (as you can see in the video it works with any mountain, low middle and high.) These blocks can include 1-1-12, 1-1-13 and 2-1-10, 2-1-11 but also all variations of any tunnel entrance block.

- Place the block you want to have blockmixed inside the terraforming anywhere near the block connected to the mountain.
Blocks that are connected to the ground do not work, here is an example of some blocks connected to the ground.
Also, blocks with clips on them will not work, however there is a way to prevent them from not working.. Just extend the block with some basic road pieces, this screenshot should make it more clear.

- Go to the copy/paste tool and select the blocks you want to "move" into your mountain. Make sure you select the piece connected to the mountain aswell otherwise it won't work. I've showed this plently of times in the video.

Important stuff to mention
At 4:00 in the video I try to remove some terraforming while blocks have been "blockmixed" in the terraforming, which created some random holes.

At 12:24 I even figured out to place blocks inside of each other. I found out how to reproduce it:
After having placed your desired blocks inside the terraforming (how I just explained you to) remove the terraforming (all at once) now some of the blocks have become "invisible" meaning the editor acts like the blocks aren't even there anymore, you're not able to remove them, and you can just place any block inside of it.

After I was done recording I tried this trick in the other enviroments, turns out it actually works there aswell, so this has always been possible.
(for stadium and shootmania I've used a different block instead of the mountain connected block, both still have something to do with terraforming.)
>canyon<

>stadium<

>shootmania

You can pretty much make a track and just paste it inside of a mountain, gg :roflol:
spaii

Re: [all envi's] copy/paste blockmixing in mountains + more

Post by spaii »

lol and :thumbsup:

Nice video !!
BK-ZD50

Post by BK-ZD50 »

cool blockmixing withon unlimiter and other tools :D :roflol: :1010

So, Nadeo can make a Umlimiter.
I think this is the Unlimiter-Beta :pop:
bas_ekkelenkamp

to give you an idea of how powerful this bug is..

Also, I found out you don't even need to use a tunnel entrance or a road piece connected to the side of a hill, you can just select any piece of a mountain and it will already work when you paste it.
metal-dad

Post by metal-dad »

They should pay you money for this... This is art! :thumbsup:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

wow :shock:
indeed :thumbsup:
angry_duck
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by angry_duck »

Funny bug... but still a bug.
So it will be fixed in an upcoming update.
All bugs shall perish :|

PS: I noticed some kind of easter egg in your screenshots ;). But as you can see, nobody can escape from the Nadeo police forever :twisted:
angry_duck
bas_ekkelenkamp

Secretly I'm kind of regretting that I reported this :lol:
Oh well, a bug is a bug! :roflol:
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

Can this fix be undone? Thanks! :roflol:

It's not a bug, it's a feature!
=3