LP calculation still fails

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

novationx

Re: LP calculation still fails

Post by novationx »

The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

it's an ongoing process that requires many iterations, but thanks to your simple feedback. The way it is, it's the best way to provide it ;)

for today, we have adapted the function to provide more points on personal score

then for after we are looking to smooth the echelon step of losing points, that are too obvious in this match. In addition, we will investigate when there is a replacement, since I suppose it happened in this score board (best should be on top)

thanks again
novationx

Post by novationx »

Absolutely no chance of winning. Played a good match, lose most LP of everyone.
Even a player that has 0-0 after 13rounds loses less LP than me.

@Hylis: After a while we expect the ongoing process to not be so 'ongoing' anymore. :oops:
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

We update the function often, but it can take times that the system stabilize itself. For example, we force 50 players in Echelon 9 on Monday, but in between, there are fluctuations that we try to enable (so you can move up) but not too much (so you can not farm)

In fact, previously, the top level was more on winning the match than on the score, to insist on the need to really help the team win. It's like in Starcraft in team, you win points only if your team win, and you lose as much, not depending on your score. But it makes people angry of the way the other play. Since you can make your attacks alone in Elite, we decided to decreased this importance to help people be happy to play with random people. And now, it will then impact the loss of points as well. We also improved the loss of point on the fact that it was taking your rank into account, but by step (Echelon 9 would lose more than Echelon 8 if they have a usually greater change) Now, it will be more continuous, and this is why two people that are close but from different Echelon will be treated more equally.

I really should say thanks for your reports, it helps a lot, since there are sophisticated mathematics that are simply too complicated to make in order to deal everything from the paper only.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Maybe because of the frequent changes my judgement of the LP is a little bit messed up?
Most of the time Im just confused.

Match#1:
I play a really good match & lose. Still I get +100LP. ( = happy )

Match#2 10days later:
I play a really good match & lose. Suddenly I lose -800LP ( = confused, not so happy )
*ofc the ranks in both matches are similar + I tend to play with the same allies over and over again.

It's like I cant understand it. I'm good in maths, but I cant get my head around this LP-distribution and that's why I ( and others ) am always surprized after a match. You simply dont know what LP you are going to get/lose. "not-knowing" makes players uncomfortable.
novationx

Post by novationx »

:/

Here you could say: I have a better score than the #1 of the world --> -1000LP
I had 2/3 attacks
He had 2/4 attacks

And as #1 u shouldnt get THAT much LP in the first place.

------------------

Weird bug thingy

:) All info is on the screens ( matchid, server )
The match was played at 1.30am 19/11/2014

Bugs on the screen:
Match ended at 8-4
The best player ( in the winning team ) loses 1500LP. GG.
How would you feel if this happened to you?
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

For this case that you already reported, it was that sparco was strangely in another team than red or blue. A bug happened outside of ladder point calculation. Would you have it again, please report. As for the ladder point calculation update, wait for middle of next week to see a more stabilized situation. If you provide other pictures that you feel bad until then, I will check that it's still supposed to be improved.
novationx

Post by novationx »

kremsy wrote:Played some games tonight, and it feels really balanced now.
Indeed. It felt better!

Return to “Shootmania Reports”