[B3.1][Stadium][IDEA] Carlights for dark rooms

Moderator: NADEO

eie

[B3.1][Stadium][IDEA] Carlights for dark rooms

Post by eie »

I don't care how this is implented, My car is 100% black and I cannot see where I'm driving when I'm driving in a pitch black room. This could be optional, but it's a very important feature when driving RPG to see where you're going. Canyon RPG does have the advantage that the cars have lights, and TM1 has the advantage that rooms aren't very dark, allowing you to see. In Stadium 2 You cannot see anything. In my humble opinion I think something's ought to be done.

Any ideas on how to implement this without interfering too much with the car model would be nice.

regards, eie
Trackmania2 ♥
TMarc

Re: [B3.1][Stadium][IDEA] Carlights for dark rooms

Post by TMarc »

the only basic question here is: why do you have to drive in pitch black rooms?
Are you designing your own maps like this, or is it because others do it and you got somehow lost there?

Because one could add blocks that have lights, e.g. advertisement panels, or make the map so there is at least a bit of light inside?
R4PH1

Post by R4PH1 »

The problem what he talks about, is when you calculate the lightmap for a track new which is from tmnf some parts get so dark you can´t drive a track anymore (This happens when a roof etc is over the main track). Had the same playing on my server with other people it was nearly impossible to drive some maps.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

ok, understood. just shadow calculation to adapt it to the new blocks lightmaps. :|
I guess some maps will have to be redesigned. but there will be thousands of new maps as well :thumbsup:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Get a custom car with lights, they work in TM2Stadium.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/08x52w844zvtzo ... -21-31.jpg
HawkGer
Translator
Translator

Post by HawkGer »

Is it possible to adjust the light cone in custom models? Would be great to have a 360° light cone so that the room is completely illuminated. Still, would be better to have this implemented in the MT editor.

Return to “Trackmania² Canyon Reports”