Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Post by Hylis »

I don't think it's time or place to have a debate. This wishlist should not be a tool to bring your spirit down by only reading what is missing. Sadly, a "thanks" list is less invitating to spend energy, maybe because you feel that you are not going to get something out of it, but we should avoid to see only one side of the coin.

And if it's true that once upon a time there was more players, up to two times more per day. But it was from a lot of passerby. We know what are 'regular' players, and there are more than we ever had if we combine TM1 & Maniaplanet. And I know it means division, but this is why we are making Maniaplanet: to help being united while having different tastes.

I hope the first post is really understood.

And by the way, usign the manialind designer, from title tools, can be a way to discover a little how to make manialinks.
Reahx

Post by Reahx »

1.(ShootMania) Make the disable playerskins button working
2. (Trackmania) Grass/Dirt/Water blocks for in the air,(like shootmania has with the grass) and that you can blockmix all varations of dirt and water as 1 block
3. (Shootmania) Old Arrow back.
Last edited by Reahx on 24 Jul 2014, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

Hylis wrote:I don't think it's time or place to have a debate. This wishlist should not be a tool to bring your spirit down by only reading what is missing. Sadly, a "thanks" list is less invitating to spend energy, maybe because you feel that you are not going to get something out of it, but we should avoid to see only one side of the coin.

And if it's true that once upon a time there was more players, up to two times more per day. But it was from a lot of passerby. We know what are 'regular' players, and there are more than we ever had if we combine TM1 & Maniaplanet. And I know it means division, but this is why we are making Maniaplanet: to help being united while having different tastes.

I hope the first post is really understood.

And by the way, usign the manialind designer, from title tools, can be a way to discover a little how to make manialinks.
Having a wishlist should give you an overview of what people need for the ultimate experience. It's not necessarily an expectation nor a sign of disappointment. I am sure everyone here appreciated these last updates so far alot! It would sound flat to say thank you after every update, but keep in mind that the thank you is kinda communicated through online player counts and of what you see in social media about maniaplanet (playerpages, videomakers, etc.) :yes:
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
MrA

Post by MrA »

Having seen quite a lot of battle lately (okay often with new players), I think it might be a good thing (I don't know), to allow a warmup period on all mode which gets set by some scriptsettings..

For battle, I can imagine 30sec warmup at the start of a new map can give some advantages

1) Players learn alittle of the map
2) Players join/leave settles down
3) Balance Teams can happen after warmup, so we are more confident it represents the likely teams.

Even if I only had warmup of 25 seconds, I would use it due to the auto-teambalance reason.

We need more players
There is only enough players for one large battle server at once...(and many of these are passing through)... I count often barely 50 players in battle mode simultaneous at once. Please push harder for more players being able to gain access.... (I know you have done lots, but more is needed). There is not many big custom battle servers (I see Franck, Search, MrA), but we don't want to fight each day to be the one server that is active. We can all be active...

Monitoring
UBI servers are needed in case of short supply of playing places, but otherwise, do we really need them? We want to see community hosted servers populated, not 3 or 4 UBI servers.

The ideal scenario is that community servers are busy while UBI servers spawn to pickup any excess demand, and then transport players to a community server when demand patterns change, in order to self close.
Last edited by MrA on 23 Jul 2014, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying TMOne
novationx

Post by novationx »

MrA wrote:Having seen quite a lot of battle lately (okay often with new players), I think it might be a good thing (I don't know), to allow a warmup period on all mode which gets set by some scriptsettings..

For battle, I can imagine 30sec warmup at the start of a new map can give some advantages

1) Players learn alittle of the map
2) Players join/leave settles down
3) Balance Teams can happen after warmup, so we are more confident it represents the likely teams.

Even if I only had warmup of 25 seconds, I would use it due to the auto-teambalance reason.
great suggestion.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

what I was saying is that a wishlist topic can create a syndrome of "since I ask something, I will be unhappy until it's done and believe that it's Nadeo responsability to do it quickly and make players arrive"

I know that people here are saying what they wish in a positive spirit, but I think this syndrome of asking/waiting feeling should be stop now that we have done the most important things.

btw, with are updating the matchmaking to enable battle or siege to start with 2vs2 up to 5vs5. I think that a matchmaking on these mode is really a plus since it tells you that people can not 'join' to unbalance or leave (if the penalty is high enough) before it ends

after, it will take time before next update, and this is really important to concentrate on what you have. For example, you can modify the battle mode by yourself. And if not, try to find someone in the superb community that can eventually help. Nadeo can not do everything, including recruiting everybody. We are going to do some communication, but why the players would not organize a "most popular maniaplanet video contest?" to see how many 'views' they can do. Or to make a website landing page to suggest to download a title with super setup etc. To make a 2.0 game is quite something already. I also believe that welcoming the new players is very important, especially if they can help. There are more players and the ones that would like to invest some time in the community will read what you write or the answer you can give to others. The spirit around is really important if you would like to see a vibrant community. For us, we will continu to improve Maniaplanet, but don't wait for us!
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

Hylis wrote:if it's more fun to play with matchmaking
Not wanting to jump on a wagon, but as someone who plays Shootmania alot:
I didn't touch Matchmaking Servers since months. Since we have even private combo servers shown, I, and my buddies, are always playing on private servers. Matchmaking is a good thing for Elite, Combo and maybe even Siege. But for battle, I don't know. Since the higher the player count per match, the more likely is one to drop out inside a longer match (had this very often in combo, happens still often in elite I heard)

Tbh, MrA, I think you are overreacting here a bit. Your server will still be visible from the station menu, and I was playing on it recently (please update the maps finally :o, only 2 poles per map) and the server was full. Don't be worried about players moving to other servers. The matchmaking, as I see it, is for the casuals ( :D sorry ). It's for the people who don't want to look for a server until they can play, they want a quick and safe match.
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Edit: Discussion between Mr.A and Hylis about matchmaking and idependent servers moved here: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 09&start=0

Thanks to have only wishes here :)
Trylk255

Post by Trylk255 »

I wish to see a new mood that is a "One day like" cycle, i mean : Morning -> Day -> Evening -> Night

And in this mood, players can change the time cycles.

Possibilities (example) :

Night -> Morning -> Day -> Evening

Evening -> Night -> Morning -> Day

Day -> Evening -> Night -> Morning

Morning -> Day -> Evening -> Night

--------------------------------------------

Night -> Morning -> Night -> Morning

Etc.

Return to “Announcements”