Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Re: Maniaplanet Update #4 - wishlist

Post by haenry »

Added to my list:
Why is creating a titlepack so complicated?
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 25&start=0
sharing content should be easy like using embedded blocks. They just work.
We need more simplicity!
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
Zeraxex

Post by Zeraxex »

- What about embeding YouTube Videos in ManiaLinks? ;)
- Please make it possible again to drive with TM-Car in SM/ run with Stormman in TM. It gives Videomakers more possibilities. :) Maybe it was a bug in MP, but it was a bug noone cared about! I liked it!

Post by 745 »

Scripted servers(like TimeAttackPlus mode) have two big issues for ages and I don't see them being solved, despite asked by several people here in the forum.

- The game don't save AutoSaves driven on these servers.
- There's some delay on pressing delete to start a new run.
Lorisa

Post by Lorisa »

a few ideas from me on the future environments: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29357
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Here a big wish:

pls, make maniaplanet Windows 10 compatible! I have the technical preview-edition! :?

[Moderation edit: follow-up discussion regarding this question here]
Last edited by TMarc on 01 Oct 2014, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split discussion again...
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Added point 11:
haenry wrote:
  • 1. Simplify the whole game system. There are so many different titles to play and so many inconsistencies in the game. As a player you have to learn so many rules about the Maniaplanet system itself before you can start to play. This creates an extra layer of rules between the player and the game, although these extra rules do not add any additional beneficial experience to the game. Trackmania used to be simple, easy and fast to use, but still very deep, which is one of the reasons why it's so popular - accessability. With Maniaplanet it seems to lose more and more of it's genius simplicity. (e.g. why is creating a Titlepack so complicated? http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 25&start=0 )
    A few of my following wishes show specific examples of those "extra" rules. ;)
  • 2. Environment mixing for Stadium. Let us drive the Valley- or canyon-car in stadium.
  • 3. Popularize the TM2 title somehow. Advertise it, make it a standard title maybe. It still has only 3700 players, while others have over 500k and it offers the most fun. We need a united place to gather and play, not a million titlapcks.
  • 4. Fix compatibility problems between Titles, especially between Nadeo titles. It's frustrating :(
    (http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29236)
  • 5. Find a way for steamusers to switch titles without having to restart the game. (also for the TM2 title) This seems to bug a lot of people.
  • 6. 150KB is very low for an overall object limit, if you want blocks that are a bit more advanced than objects with only straight edges. Every kind of quality roundness just exceeds the limit, especially if you want to use more than one object in a map. This low limit leads to low detailed objects, resulting in a ugly game. Additionally, nobody wants a bumpy turn :0010
    Another way to get around the limit e.g. adding objects to cash is welcome, too!
  • 7. IRC channel inside maniaplanet (http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 94&start=0)
  • 8. Add a calendar to ManiaHome that allows to mark private and public events ( http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... ad#p227338 )
  • 9. Add more tooltips throughout the entire game so that players will find hidden features and shortcuts faster. e.g. the Gridsnap for custom blocks is super useful, but rarely anyone knows that it exists and that you have to press f4 twice to activate it. Tooltips are some work, but they are really really helpful, especially for the new players, who we really need at the moment! Tootltips with trick, tipps and explanations are very helpful and even a nice way to help :thx:
  • 10. Import TMUF 1:1 or at least don't change anything on the physics - There shouldn't be a split between united and Maniaplanet players. Trackmania players have to be united :thumbsup:
  • 11. For future environments: Wallride and Looping physics that are less random. It might be fun to see players fail in loopings, but it's even more fun to drive a loop in a league map!
    Trackmania needs more craziness again :thumbsup:
it's getting longer and longer... :mrgreen:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
Tom.K

Post by Tom.K »

I have about 18 Title Packs which in total take 1 GB. Comparing that to ~150kb embedding limit, it's pretty much worthless for me to download Title Packs if I'm on slower or limited bandwidth connection because for every title pack update, it will take long time to download it (or it will fill up my traffic limit).

Pretty much my wish:
--
Title packs should be split to add-ons:
2 title packs only: TM2 and SM.
Solo map pack add-on - Installs map pack on Solo menu of TM/SM.
Skin add-on - Installs skins for enviroment, existing objects and sounds. Allows using skin on map editor.
Game Mode (Script) add-on - Only for solo modes and in case of hosting a game, for multiplayer mode.
Object pack add-on - Installs pack of custom objects. Allow use more than one object pack on map. Allow embedding in case of small amount of custom objects used.
And at least Add-on pack - Pretty much like Title Pack, installs a collection of individual add-ons.
--

Solo maps could be picked from Solo menu, ranking included within map pack (like Star Tracks on TMUF) and there would be no need to download whole update of titlepack, only download individual custom objects, scripts or skins.
However, single map could depend on many add-ons and joining some server might take some time to download them. Main problem would be that this could seriously break whole current title pack system.

2 more wishes:
--
Host avatar, skin, tags and horn from Player Page instead of using P2P as it doesn't work for most people (and my ISP is blocking access to open port).
And hopefully, make all enviroments playable on TM and SM.
--
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

I have a simpler one: Reduce the loading time of Maniaplanet. I often have to restart (due to gamepad calibration and just leaving to clear ram) and the long loading time is really too long for me :s

Can you do something about that, or will that stay like that for a while?
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

ManiaScript wishes:
- Mysql support that will open doors to hundreds of scripts/concepts/features http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 79&t=29282
- Ability to read, what player said on chat. http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 79&t=29361
- Fix CTD when bots using Patrol Mode http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 79&t=29299
- http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 79&t=28627

Server browser wishes:
- Add sorting by country by clicking on server flag.
- Add column: ladder limits
- Sorting by level shows servers with no ladder progression because it caches only avarage LP. It should catch also can I earn LP on the server.

Maniaplanet wishes:
- More tooltips, help buttons and dialog boxes to explain hidden stuff(for newbies)
- Official manialink wiki?
- Less price for 3 stations
- Quick play button on station overlay, it will choose randomly server with empty slot.
- Interface Designer: Too much "{{{Just Text}}}" makes error in preview.
- Interface Designer: Ability to build 3D styles

Trackmania wishes:
- Ladder equivalent in TM2 title (33% from Canyon, 33% from Stadium, 33% from Valley)
- Better UI desing, for example, the checkpoint table doesn't fit to chrono timers in HUD
- Matchmaking support 1v1v1v1

Shootmania wishes:
- Air-Control like in Quake CPMA to be more free when flying.
- Faster movement on grass(+10%)
- Go back to competitive concept by making movement and gameplay more competitive and dynamic
- Battle of Champions as sample title pack to show, what we can do with action maker
djhubertus wrote:- Weather settings
-Ability to change fov
- remove melee lobby from matchmaking and make something normal like for example party system in station overlay, than press search and game tries to find a match
- maniascript: ability to give more stamina than normal
- mini admin for dedicated servers, If I host server in-game than I don't need votes to change something. It would be great to see new setting in configuration (admin mp login), this player will have ability to change script settings, kick, ban etc. Without vote requests
- VoIP support in sm
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
davidknag

Post by davidknag »

Hey nadeo, thanks for doing this and being so close to the community.

Please give the menus full controller support.
(Can't open title with controller, have to click with mouse)

If you plug a controller in mid game, you have to open up input settings for the game to recognize that a controller is plugged in.

Universal server wrapper. Work with developers of a good wrapper and make it the official server wrapper so that hosting a server is less hellish.

Multi monitor support.

also if I could sort servers by mode again that would be great.
Last edited by davidknag on 10 Oct 2014, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”