Maniaplanet Update #2 - feedback (#2.3 released)

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

pksens

Re: Maniaplanet Update #2 - feedback (#2.1b released)

Post by pksens »

Zotac joust cup completely unplayable, never playing that mod again. GJ nadeo. And when you remove microjumps from beta2, say good bye to many competitive players.
GioPrinzy

Post by GioPrinzy »

pksens wrote:Zotac joust cup completely unplayable, never playing that mod again. GJ nadeo. And when you remove microjumps from beta2, say good bye to many competitive players.
i think that any mod cant be played without microjump.....it is an original move that they have created like strafe on quake or wall dodge on ut......and they havent realized it yet......

P.S.:sry for my mistake,i want to say "cant be played"
Last edited by GioPrinzy on 14 Jul 2013, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.
pksens

Post by pksens »

question: Played on a couple of updated servers and on Beta2 the microjump is no longer there. It's not as big/profound as the jump in Beta3, so it's at least not unplayable. Question is, are these servers bugged because you did state that B2 would retain the microjump.
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Re: Maniaplanet Update #2 - feedback (#2.1 released)

Post by steeffeen »

Hylis wrote:Storm lacks of a environmental feeling. So, we are working on it a little more atm.
i just wanted to quote this one again because i completely agree
especially the red power jump metal blocks don't fit into it if you ask me
i thought storm should be a castle style with its many stoned blocks and only a few modern stuff (like spawns, jump pads, speed paths) which are obviously needed to increase the games speed and tension

just wanted to point out that the red blocks and the blue paths just don't fit between the other castle stuff (especially the new roofed floating blue paths, which look so ugly alongside the normal storm look'n'feel)
so i would rather like to see these metal/modern blocks in another environment which is rather based on the modern atmosphere

in a nutshell: storm kinda feels like everything that would rather belong to another environment is put into it making it a big uncomfortable patchwork

:?
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

steeffeen wrote:
    Hylis wrote:Storm lacks of a environmental feeling. So, we are working on it a little more atm.
    i just wanted to quote this one again because i completely agree
    especially the red power jump metal blocks don't fit into it if you ask me
    i thought storm should be a castle style with its many stoned blocks and only a few modern stuff (like spawns, jump pads, speed paths) which are obviously needed to increase the games speed and tension

just wanted to point out that the red blocks and the blue paths just don't fit between the other castle stuff (especially the new roofed floating blue paths, which look so ugly alongside the normal storm look'n'feel)
    so i would rather like to see these metal/modern blocks in another environment which is rather based on the modern atmosphere

in a nutshell: storm kinda feels like everything that would rather belong to another environment is put into it making it a big uncomfortable patchwork

:?
    I agree with you steffeen. But i dont think its ugly. Its just that , maybe, they are mixing 2themes. (castle + modern/metal/shiny)

There is thread which shows OLD screenshots of Shootmania when it was in Alpha. The maps had some beautiful decorations & atmosphere. This is somethint I miss too in this game.
    chco

Post by chco »

Sorry, been gone a couple of days and just saw your reply now.
    You can set your horn in the profilescreen and you can hear the horn. But in-game you only hear the default horn from others AND yourself. So all horns I hear, including my own are the default horn. Tried several (european) servers, but its the same everywhere. I know other players horns need to be downloaded so it can take a while, but I'm not hearing my own horn either (only when choosing it in the player profile page). When online in a server and check my profile there, there also only the default horn I hear.
    Hope this is fixed soon, cause I love that feature.
    Hylis wrote:tx chco & HaagseSmurf

we are going to make a quick fix today, for the intro and other stuff.

for the horn, it was working here, do you have more specifics?
    Nautillus

Post by Nautillus »

Is there any attention to the Trackmania titles?

We are still experiencing a introbug and a bug where you can't even spectate "the normal way".

The only replies I see from Hylis are to players whining about Shootmania.
    It really ticks me off to see no changes after Valley got launched (15 days ago!!!)

I really appreciate your guys work on everything, but this is getting nowhere...

Greets,
    Gaarasmurf
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

FYI, the intro and spectate bugs happen in shootmania as well, so you can stop worrying about being disadvantaged :thumbsup:
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
      dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

Nautillus wrote:Is there any attention to the Trackmania titles?

We are still experiencing a introbug and a bug where you can't even spectate "the normal way".

The only replies I see from Hylis are to players whining about Shootmania.
      It really ticks me off to see no changes after Valley got launched (15 days ago!!!)

I really appreciate your guys work on everything, but this is getting nowhere...

Greets,
      NADEO is on a little holiday :) You can expect an update soon. No worries mate. its summer for all of us ;)
      Forgot10

Post by Forgot10 »

I've been very busy lately, so didn't get to play for a couple of weeks. Now I found out that the microjump is gone in Joust and Heroes (and probably everywhere else apart from Elite), and that's very disappointing.

It took me ages to finally master that (and now I can claim with 100% certainty that Logitech G500 is perfect for microjumps), but now it's gone. I mean come on, it actually takes skill to be able to sprint without jumping high. Buying a better controller is something that naturally gets you advantages. Although with things I see in TM (Stadium is as good for kb as for pad, Canyon and Valley are also very much kb friendly), I guess it's your goal to eliminate advantages of better controllers...

Return to “Maniaplanet”