Trackmania² Stadium Open Beta

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Trackmania² Stadium Open Beta

Post by Hylis »

This is one hypothesis I am working on, but I have not yet determined everything. I am driving the caravan :mrgreen:
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

Would be nice if you could drive the caravan in different landscapes and atmospheres :mrgreen:

Because "Caravan" don't like mods :(
zarexz

Post by zarexz »

Oh c'mon! No caravans in this game please :?
Before you know it, the Dutch are to blame :oops:
supersmo

Post by supersmo »

Cerovan wrote:
phil13hebert wrote:
supersmo wrote: Thanx Caravan. Glad I got a clear answer from a nadeo representative.
Caravan :roflol:
Sometimes i left the garage to preach the ManiaPlanet word :roflol:
Yikes!!!
It was the "XT9 predictive text" feature on my dumbass "smart" phone that changed cerovan to caravan!

Glad the typo cheered things up around here. :D
/superslow
damianhhh

Post by damianhhh »

Is there any LP limit in the beta version? I mean, one of the players has already reached 60k points and there's no possibility on 70k servers to get more points for him atm.
fenix2

Post by fenix2 »

Stadium² is a dumbed down Stadium.

I can't believe no one has noticed the grip is completely different in Stadium², drifting is a worthless technique that gains no advantage now, and there is no risk to skidding out and losing control with too much speed. The only minor skill you might need to do is let off gas and you will make everything tightly controlled. I think this is just as bad as only auto drfiting in canyon now we cant drift at all in stadium². Beyond taking out the technical skill to pull off successful drifting, there are many maps that require drifting for perfect runs and are now ruined thanks to the no drifting.

Close but no cigar NADEO, Stadium² physics don't cut it.

Oh and this minor bickering about the camera2 shifts on track loops importing? It's hardly a problem, anyone who takes 2 seconds to look at the Stadium² media tracker can see all they need to do is replace blank triggers with an "Editing Cut" block. People who just lazily halfass import the tracks without updating the new trigger settings are to blame for the jarring camera cuts, not NADEO.
Last edited by fenix2 on 05 Apr 2013, 18:47, edited 3 times in total.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? ._. proof please.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
speedychris

Post by speedychris »

fenix2 wrote:Stadium² is a dumbed down Stadium.
I can't believe no one has noticed the grip is completely different in Stadium², drifting is a worthless technique that gains no advantage now, and there is no risk to skidding out and losing control with too much speed. The only minor skill you might need to do is let off gas and you will make everything tightly controlled. I think this is just as bad as only auto drfiting in canyon now we cant drift at all in stadium². Beyond taking out the technical skill to pull off successful drifting, there are many maps that require drifting for perfect runs and are now ruined thanks to the no drifting.
Thats not true at all, drifting is a bit different to TMU but indeed you can do it and its still needed to gain good times on Techmaps.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Althought Nadeo did not change that much on the blocks and models, the new Stadium is still different in quite a few places. It is somehow a new game.
So please stop always comparing both with the fixe idea in mind to want to have it absolutely identical, because this will never happen, there will always be some difference.

If you prefer TMN(F), please stick to that and forget about the new Stadium.
If you're fine with the new Stadium, even better.
If the older maps don't work with the new Stadium, use newer ones or adapt the old to it.
Chaz0r

Post by Chaz0r »

TMarc wrote:Althought Nadeo did not change that much on the blocks and models, the new Stadium is still different in quite a few places. It is somehow a new game.
So please stop always comparing both with the fixe idea in mind to want to have it absolutely identical, because this will never happen, there will always be some difference.

If you prefer TMN(F), please stick to that and forget about the new Stadium.
If you're fine with the new Stadium, even better.
If the older maps don't work with the new Stadium, use newer ones or adapt the old to it.
But in my opinion it's not enough to justify a price. Nations Forever is free and there is just a small difference.
Also a free2play TM² environment could promote the whole trackmania² more. I just logged into Canyon and there were just about 7-8 servers with players. Thats not much.
A free2play environment really could bring TM² a huge step forward. The same thing happened in TM1!

Return to “Trackmania 2”