(Suggestion) A pit system

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

jjaaperoloco2

Re: (Suggestion) A pit system

Post by jjaaperoloco2 »

But i don't need a new block, we only want a goog system, implemented in MP
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

don't expect it implemented by nadeo, they have enough work already. maybe as a custom script or smth, but by community.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox »

The community taking the initiative to create their own ideas is what Maniaplanet's about, after all. :D
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I picked it up, and then I was a panther.
Beware my original music at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com, & https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
jjaaperoloco2

Post by jjaaperoloco2 »

OMG we are without updates for 8 months, we want something that they can do in 3 days or less, we are paying for this game...

WHY ESSENTIAL THINGS LIKE THAT HAVE TO DO IT THE COMUNITY?
niku

Post by niku »

Because the developers give us the tools and creating stuff is, together with just playing, the main purpose of a community ?

Nobody runned to Valve and said: "Scipt us a surf mode, we want to play surf!" or to Blizzard "Make a moba/DotA mod!".
jjaaperoloco2 wrote:ESSENTIAL THINGS
pit stops :roll:

The entrie game is made to be community driven and we should be glad about it.

But no.... lets cry around and blame nadeo....
Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox »

I think a lot of problems stem from many what many see to be the "main" game in the series being completely free, combined with having a dev team that takes a personal interest in the community... many who started on Nations seem to develop a ridiculous sense of entitlement and decide that Nadeo is their personal butler. And it goes beyond just acting like Trackmania is somehow "supposed" to be free, apparently.

As for jjaaperoloco2...
If you don't want to learn the tools to do something, find somebody else who'd be interested in creating it and suggest the idea to them. You don't get total control over the project that way but it gets made. Throwing tantrums accomplishes nothing in the real world except making a complete fool out of yourself, so act your age.
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I picked it up, and then I was a panther.
Beware my original music at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com, & https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
TheM

Post by TheM »

A pit system is already possible to developed via the MediaTracker (of course, this meaning you have to edit a map for it). Personally I don't find it an essential part of TrackMania, especially while it wasn't made for these kind of things (think about the F1 games, which are made specificly for these kinds of things). This of course doesn't mean that they definitly should not be in the game, but I feel NADEO has quite some stuff to fix (and possible create) and this in my eyes (and probably theirs to) won't be a priority or won't be on the list completely.
Alter-Fox wrote:I think a lot of problems stem from many what many see to be the "main" game in the series being completely free, combined with having a dev team that takes a personal interest in the community... many who started on Nations seem to develop a ridiculous sense of entitlement and decide that Nadeo is their personal butler. And it goes beyond just acting like Trackmania is somehow "supposed" to be free, apparently.
I think TrackMania has to thank much of its players because of Nations. Naturally I would've wanted Stadium to be free, as it will attract new and old players towards ManiaPlanet. However, the mouths of the devs and their families need to be feeded and giving a game away for free won't help that. NADEO is no-ones personal butler, but will listen to the input/feedback they recieve from the community. I find this very good, as long as something is being done with it.
jjaaperoloco2 wrote:OMG we are without updates for 8 months, we want something that they can do in 3 days or less, we are paying for this game...
Of course we're paying for this game. But you're playing for what you bought some time ago. You are not paying for the updates NADEO release, you bought the game as-is, meaning that you should see the updates as a service, which is provided by NADEO to keep the game good and without bugs. Of course 8 months is quite long, and I would've wanted them to release bugfixes in the meantime. Let's just wait and see what MP3 will bring and judge then... ;)
jjaaperoloco2 wrote:WHY ESSENTIAL THINGS LIKE THAT HAVE TO DO IT THE COMUNITY?
I wouldn't see a pitsystem as essential, it's not a part of the TrackMania philosophy. Furthermore, because things are left to the community, you see an active and involved community who only want one thing: the game to be better and have more players.
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox »

TheM wrote:
Alter-Fox wrote:I think a lot of problems stem from many what many see to be the "main" game in the series being completely free, combined with having a dev team that takes a personal interest in the community... many who started on Nations seem to develop a ridiculous sense of entitlement and decide that Nadeo is their personal butler. And it goes beyond just acting like Trackmania is somehow "supposed" to be free, apparently.
I think TrackMania has to thank much of its players because of Nations. Naturally I would've wanted Stadium to be free, as it will attract new and old players towards ManiaPlanet. However, the mouths of the devs and their families need to be feeded and giving a game away for free won't help that. NADEO is no-ones personal butler, but will listen to the input/feedback they recieve from the community. I find this very good, as long as something is being done with it.
I certainly didn't mean to say that Nations hasn't had an overall good effect on the community. I'm only commenting on the immaturity I see from a disheartening number of people -- but in a community the size of Nations' "many" isn't the same as "most".
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
TheM

Post by TheM »

Alter-Fox wrote:I certainly didn't mean to say that Nations hasn't had an overall good effect on the community. I'm only commenting on the immaturity I see from a disheartening number of people -- but in a community the size of Nations' "many" isn't the same as "most".
I got that :)
Nations is a version of the game widely played, also by so-called "kiddies". I suspect it's them you're referring to...
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox »

Nah, you can usually tell the relative age of an asker by what they're asking for. I'd estimate jjaaperoloco2 as at least 15 or 16, and quite possibly an adult. It's more a question of attitude than it is of age -- one you can only answer when you look at peoples' reaction to not getting what they want. And even kids can be very mature -- or they can be complete spoiled brats :P.
On the internet there are so many single factors that could have many different explanations -- to get a real idea of someone you need to look at everything they do and not focus on one thing.

People can have an aversion to doing things themselves, especially when it comes to entertainment. For a game like Trackmania where half the fun is in creating and doing things yourself -- if you're that averse to putting the time in to make your game the way you want it then I'd say Trackmania isn't the right game for you.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Return to “Trackmania 2”