No Oculus Rift support in newest patch?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

DickDastardly

Re: No Oculus Rift support in newest patch?

Post by DickDastardly »

yayorbitgum wrote:After updating everything (Trackmania2 Canyon and Valley), I don't see Oculus Rift options in either game.

All I get when going to the Escape->3D Glasses menu is the usual Red/Blue stereoscopic settings. I don't see anything related to Oculus Rift.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some sort of beta patch?
In the 3D glasses settings you need to change the Mode to Oculus. Headtracking also works fine although you need to assign a key to Freelook in the general bindings menu and tick the headtracking box in the 3D glasses settings. You can then toggle headtracking on and off by pressing the Freelook key you assigned. (There doesn't currently appear to be any neck modelling but the experience of playing TrackMania with almost* perfect 3D and headtracking is still pretty compelling).

*The only things which render incorrectly in 3D seem to be the player names which should float above your opponents' cars but are instead all drawn at the wrong depth. They can be disabled so they're not a huge problem, but it would be great if they could be fixed so they're drawn at the same depth as the car they're labelling.
Cheers,
DD
yayorbitgum

Post by yayorbitgum »

DickDastardly wrote:
yayorbitgum wrote:After updating everything (Trackmania2 Canyon and Valley), I don't see Oculus Rift options in either game.

All I get when going to the Escape->3D Glasses menu is the usual Red/Blue stereoscopic settings. I don't see anything related to Oculus Rift.

In the 3D glasses settings you need to change the Mode to Oculus.
There is no such option, at least not anymore. There is only a slider for depth (which only affects red/blue), and only a button to toggle red/blue 3D on and off.
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

yayorbitgum wrote:
DickDastardly wrote:

In the 3D glasses settings you need to change the Mode to Oculus.
There is no such option, at least not anymore. There is only a slider for depth (which only affects red/blue), and only a button to toggle red/blue 3D on and off.
That's strange, i still see it, are you sure to cycle correctly on the 3D option?
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Cerovan wrote:
yayorbitgum wrote:There is no such option, at least not anymore. There is only a slider for depth (which only affects red/blue), and only a button to toggle red/blue 3D on and off.
That's strange, i still see it, are you sure to cycle correctly on the 3D option?
There is no option to cycle it. Or how are we supposed to do it? :)

There is only the anaglyph red-blue glass. If I click on it, a small popup opens where I can change the separation distance, and also turn 3D on or off. That's all.
And right mouse button doesn't do amything. :|
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

When clicking on the 3D glasses icon, a pop up allows you to edit the "mode" and then you can cycle to get the oculus mode selected.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

sorry, there is no mode button there.
and a bug: if you open the stereoscopy settings from the main menu (not from inside the game) the title bar masks it partially :|
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

I found it. You need to go to the Launcher, Configure, Advanced, Compatibility and activate "Advanced Stereoscopy". After that you will have more options ingame.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

yeah :thumbsup:
It is disabled by default.
Perhaps put this checkbox under Video settings and not under Compatibility?
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

Plus what Jon has said:

;)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yes :thumbsup:
And you see da bug in your second screenshot? The title bar does not stay there if you change the settings ingame ;)

Return to “Trackmania 2”