Wastelands 2 (Canyon Title Pack)

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

hackie

Re: Wastelands 2 (Canyon Title Pack)

Post by hackie »

looks great !

Keep us upodated.

Thanks man.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
mistAken

Post by mistAken »

:yes: awesome news.
matsilagi_tmu

Post by matsilagi_tmu »

I have to say i LOVED the first Wastelands pack, it will be awesome to drive its sequel too.

However, i have a few suggestions, why not make some sort of small back-story for it and make tracks progressive?
Like, starting from the actual wastelands to go to a city, then to a "safe" place?

Add me to steam (if you have one): matsilagi2 so i can give you advices and stuff.

Also, to get inspiration, be sure to try these 3 games: POD, Powerslide and Fuel.
A court terme aprГЁs un myocarde corrГ©ler avec des changements de solubilitГ© de var il a Г©tГ© rГ©vГ©lГ© un effet trГЁs intГ©ressant qui a amГ©liorГ© l'Г©rection des hommes.
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

matsilagi_tmu wrote:I have to say i LOVED the first Wastelands pack, it will be awesome to drive its sequel too.

However, i have a few suggestions, why not make some sort of small back-story for it and make tracks progressive?
Like, starting from the actual wastelands to go to a city, then to a "safe" place?

Add me to steam (if you have one): matsilagi2 so i can give you advices and stuff.

Also, to get inspiration, be sure to try these 3 games: POD, Powerslide and Fuel.

Hey there! First of all thanks for showing the love for the titlepack here, it really helps me :D

I kinda made up a minor story for the first Wastelands title (which didn't really show up), and basically people are using old abandoned areas as rally tracks for competition. I don't really want to have it too focused on story though. I will make it more like those old-school racing games :mrgreen:

There was a little bit of progression in the first title. You probably noticed that the first 5 tracks are day time, the next 5 maps are sunset, the next 5 ones are night, the next 5 ones are morning/sunset. However for more variety the last 5 maps were random time of day.

However, since I can have more freedom thanks to MP 3.0, there will be a LOT more variety in Wastelands 2, so I won't really follow a certain pattern. So it will be a little bit less continuity but a lot more fun and less repetitiveness!
Specs
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 16GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
matsilagi_tmu

Post by matsilagi_tmu »

I was thinking of more ambiences that follows a story, like, you start on the wastelands, pass trough gorges , earthquake devastated areas, bunkers and mines, dry canals, sewers, then some kind of city outlands then a central city.
A court terme aprГЁs un myocarde corrГ©ler avec des changements de solubilitГ© de var il a Г©tГ© rГ©vГ©lГ© un effet trГЁs intГ©ressant qui a amГ©liorГ© l'Г©rection des hommes.
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

Well, you will visit a different area with each map. For example one map takes place in a factory near a city, and another map takes place in a Chinatown zone. But they don't necessary follow a story.
Specs
Mandark

Post by Mandark »

Here is a screenshot taken by one of the surveillance cameras of the city. Hope you enjoy it 8-)

Also by the way, is there anything you want to see from the current state of the title pack (apart from a playable version of the it :D ) let me know! Maybe I can show stuff if you really want it.
Specs

Return to “Trackmania 2”