Future Trackmania games? Or is Trackmania done?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMRacer15

Future Trackmania games? Or is Trackmania done?

Post by TMRacer15 »

Hi all, as you can see above, I come to talk about the future of Trackmania, or is the series finished off.

After Trackmania 2 Stadium, the last Trackmania 2 title, (or if it isn't, please correct me if I am wrong) Trackmania itself has been very popular over the years since Stadium was released, people have been playing it almost every day, and then over time, new sites came up (Maniapark) which allowed people to download car models and use them Trackmania, and, models as well, those 2 we're the most unique features that helped Trackmania itself "upgrade".

But, we haven't gotten another Trackmania game in 2 years, very little groups of people have been thinking if Trackmania will return with another trio (i.e, Trackmania 2 Canyon, Trackmania 2 Valley, Trackmania 2 Canyon) or if they are finished. Personally, I think Trackmania is finished and probably won't return with another trio, but, I've had various ideas of what we could think to ourselves, how Trackmania could get better and better, and maybe, just maybe...turned into reality. You may share your ideas if you would like. :)

One of them, was this one idea I made up called Trackmania 2: Formula 1, you see, I really like F1, and I know, Trackmania Stadium isn't supposed to be a absolute F1 like genre, it's supposed to be a multi-fun coursed track, but, I really, really wanted at least a pinch of a better taste of that F1 experience in Stadium, now, here are my ideas for that game.

1. This time, your Nadeo F1 car would look more realistic and would actually resemble a actual F1 car. But just a generic F1 car, it doesn't have to have a special nose, special spoiler, special noise, like the Ferrari F14T, Red Bull DBR10, etc, all F1 car's of players will look like somewhat the '13 F1 cars, the Ferrari F138 for example. And as for the track's, they would also look more realistic as well, but not too realistic, like the tracks on Forza, Gran Turismo, Project Car's , etc. They would look like this one realistic track on TMUF, with a circuit fitting to it and not a multi-course track, but you would still be able to jump on the circuit street's, and more multi-course track's, but not too much, so it would make player's have a good experience on F1.

2. You are able to customize the color and design of your F1 car in your in game painter and choose them, it comes with many special designs, though. :P

3. As the designs of the F1 car's without being painted, it will be just like the Trackmania Stadium Nation colors, your F1 car with have the design on the country you live in.

4. You will not have booster's this time, but your F1 car will move eventually at a very fast pace on it's own.

5. And just for the fun of it, there are downloadable/DLC cars that you can buy for Trackmania F1, the car's will include a classic F1 80's car, a McLaren MP4/4 like car, a Ferrari 312T like car, Ferrari 312 like car, a classic 60's F1 car, and a classic 50's F1 car, the DLC not only comes with car's, but it also comes with classic-like tracks of the Trackmania F1 tracks.

Well, those are all my ideas for TMF1, let's start with my next idea.

Trackmania: SuperMania is a like a TM game mixed with Trackmania Sunrise and Trackmania 2 Canyon. You are to play at least...geez...I wish I could name all the supercar's here, but it'd be just too much...anyway, you are able to play at least 240, or 250 Supercar's, even the one with history, the car's include, the Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Veneno, Ferrari LaFerrari, Pagania Huayra, Pagani Zonda Cinque, Audi R8, etc.

1. You are to design the car, like always with the painter, select them too.

2. The track's will not be as realistic with the TMF1 game, it will be a multi-course track, but it will include some realistic element's, including highway steet's, night canyon's, day canyon's, snowy mountain's, rainy forest, etc, (and yes, all track's will include night and day, and weather :D)

3. You are also able to make a custom manufacture Supercar yourself, but it has to be from the direct manufacture, and not a custom manufacture of your own, Its like creating a Aston Martin, but the Aston Martin is from the Aston Martin manufacture, you can have unique looks, sounds, color of the car, concept, designs, windshields and even a taking a look inside the car.

4. There are random points when your at single player mode, and your playing night track's, a police car will chase you and try to get you off the highway street's, if you lose them and they can't catch up to you, you will earn a achievment for escaping the police, but it will happen rarely.

Well, those are all my ideas of my two Trackmania games, post yours in the comments about the future of Trackmania, and your ideas for Trackmania games. :D
nailbomb69

Re: Future Trackmania games? Or is Trackmania done?

Post by nailbomb69 »

Sorry this game is anything but dead. Ive played it long enough and after the universal demo release player numbers have increased a lot compared to this time last year. Environments arent released in trios valleys not even two years old.....
tombuilder

Post by tombuilder »

Yeah, such thought experiments are nice and can show what could be possible, but I also don`t see any need for a new trackmania or even a new environment.
In principle, this game is already now too huge in my eyes regarding possibilities. Beside the driving physics you can design, change and customize almost all. The only reason it isn`t done, is the lack of players and therefore the lack of people able to do it.
There is only a handful of people able to do it, and look what they have done: RPG (I don`t like RPG, but the maps, just WOW), Raid, Railway, Valley City, and many more...
Imagine now 10 times more players, even if only some of them are into this things, if they get addicted to this game (like so many before) they can create new worlds.

New environments are also nice, but they can also disappoint. For me e.g. valley looks fantastic, but I never got into the driving physics. And by seeing the player counts, maybe I`m not the only one.

And by far this game (or Maniaplanet at all) isn`t finished yet. If what Nadeo has now at this point gets reworked a little by solving general bugs and getting a more clean structure to be better accessible and coherent to new players, and most important of all do more advertising, this game could even get out of control: New titles, new modes, new mods, new cars,...

That`s my opinion :)
M3

Post by M3 »

The only reason it is done, is the lack of players.

Maybe also extend the limit of the ladder from 100k to 200k or something like that.
I have played TM2 for 3 weeks and gained 89k points. I think you earn too many points in a short period of time. The point arrangement is too high. Was much better in TMN ESWC.

Don't know if the jfreu ranklimit is working with the new ladder server (have not host a server since TMF) but I don't get why we have to pay planets/coppers to host a higher ranked server. It functioned in TM ESCW so why pay for it.

Maybe this scare some players off.
We have to get back to the fun game not only an esport thingy..

Some thoughts..

Cheers! =)
Last edited by M3 on 03 Sep 2014, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
tombuilder

Post by tombuilder »

^^
That`s not how quoting works (maybe in journalism). Be careful with such things!
M3

Post by M3 »

That's how mediamanipulation works ;) I'll change it =)
jojoba007

Post by jojoba007 »

Trackmania 2 hasn't become what Stadium forever was/is. By far. Sadly but true.

To solve this problem two things:
Stadium 2 and free to play. Problem solved.
Mark my words. Loooooots of players.

10.000.000 subscribers on the original stadium!
Man, stadium 2 as free to play, only on in game advertisement you would already make a lot of money with 10.000.000 subscribers.
Nadeo should have come up with a new free to play trackmania in the first place to keep this big amount of subscribers playing. Now it's unclear if you can get this amount of subscriber back to a new free 2 play trackmania.

Hurry up with a great new free 2 play formula for Stadium 2.
Google is a great service, almost everything is free, so it attracts lot of people. The same for league of legends. learn from them. Trackmania franchise needs players, or it won't work.

Now let the angry mobs respond ;-)
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

I can't sell enough of my great product I shall give it a way for free. That is such a great economic model.
The discussion about this was done again and again I don't know why it is Brough back. Don't try to make it happen it won't happen :D
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
Demented

Post by Demented »

A F1 style environment has been thought of by a few people and even suggested nearly a year and a half ago along with many others here and I think we'll see at least one, and possibly two or three more new TM² Enviro's. I think the original plan for Nadeo was to do a minimum of three and hopefully five or more new TM² environments and their hope was to release one each year. Obviously they haven't done one a year but, they are producing very good work and fixing many unexpected issues and getting the operating environment fine tuned for future expansions. Don't forget there's still a proposed QM to work on and MP needs to be able to handle that too. I suspect once the bulk of MP is done, future TM, SM and QM environments will come more frequently.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
jojoba007

Post by jojoba007 »

oliverde8 wrote:I can't sell enough of my great product I shall give it a way for free. That is such a great economic model.
The discussion about this was done again and again I don't know why it is Brough back. Don't try to make it happen it won't happen :D
So you think Google and League of legends don't make enough money with their free services?

It's not about not selling. It's about getting those 10.000.000 subscribers back into the franchise. Offcourse there are modern free 2 play models to make loooooots of money. I don't know them. I'm sure somebody can come up with a good model for trackmania. Maybe only sell the editor or track building packs. Whatever how this works. But we need players.

I'm not trying to be cheap, I bought all of the games. But without players trackmania is dead.
Last edited by jojoba007 on 04 Sep 2014, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trackmania 2”