Chances of a Puzzle mode

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

rexin99

Chances of a Puzzle mode

Post by rexin99 »

Hi,
after playing some Sunrise and United Forever, I was wondering what are the chances of seeing the Puzzle mode appear in the new Trackmania.

Just in case you are not familiar with the mode, when you start a Puzzle track/challenge, you enter editing mode and are given some amount of different blocks as well as a kinda unfinished map. Your goal is to place the blocks in the map so you can complete it in Time Attack mode.

In my opinion, I think the chances of having this nice brain-teasing mode are kinda low. Let me list these reasons for you:

Absence of obstructing pillars:
We used to have blocks that had pillars below them, and those pillars counted as normal blocks that could be used as building restrictions, for example. We can see it like that in the track Pillar Of Summer from Trackmania Sunrise.
Now, in TM2, pillars come with most blocks, but they can disappear if there is an unsuitable block below them. That removes a mean of creating a challenge for Puzzle tracks.

Terrain enhancing blocks easy placement:
It's cool that we don't get obstructed so much when using terrain blocks (tunnel entrances, cliffside roads) as, if possible, those blocks will change the terrain around them in order to be placed (try for yourself, just place a tunnel block in an empty map). That, just as the pillar matter, removes another challenge possibility and it could also break the whole Puzzle track if one gave a terrain block in the player's inventory.

Road absent? No problem:
Now, in TM2, we can just leave a piece of track as a plain ground and don't bother with road blocks or a way to deal with clips (the ends of most blocks that obstruct building next to it). The car fares almost the same on the ground as on a road and when leave a clip unclipped (I know, I probably called it wrong), it gives the player no driving obstruction.
Not like in the previous games. Ground was a giant halt for the vehicle's speed and unclipped clips were obstructed in some way, such as a fence (in the Island environment). That was a nice way to test the player's skill.

So those are the reasons that, I think, made TM2 kinda unsuitable for something as Puzzle.
But that's just my opinion. I (and maybe Nadeo) want to hear you and your opinion on this topic. What do you think are the chances of the Puzzle mode existing in TM2?
adamkooo2

Re: Chances of a Puzzle mode

Post by adamkooo2 »

I wish it on new update or on new title pack by Nadeo
/\rkady

Return to “Trackmania 2”