Autosaved replays from the TM2 Titlepack

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

medlo

Autosaved replays from the TM2 Titlepack

Post by medlo »

Hi everyone,

I'm playing on an an envi-mix server using the TM2 Titlepack and I observed that my autosaved replays are not uploadable to the Mania-exchange website. Even if the map is Valley and the car is Valley (wich is not envi-mix), we cannot upload an autosaved replay from the envi-mix server to the website. Could something be done about this?

I already opened a thread here on the mania-exchange forum with an example.

Thanks
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Re: Autosaved replays from the TM2 Titlepack

Post by haenry »

I recommend you to ask on MX again.
I'm not sure if you know that MX is run by the community and not supported by Nadeo, so it has nothing to do with this forum (except the game). But now you know it :thumbsup:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
medlo

Post by medlo »

Thanks for your answer Haenry.
This leads to another question, why is Nadeo not recording the replays in the same way for a map played for example under a normal Valley server and the same map but played under an envi-mix server? That's weird.
If it would be recorded in the same way there shouldn't have any problem to upload in MX.
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

I don't think that there are any differences in the actual replay part of the gbx file. although I'm not sure.
But there is for sure a difference in the header of the replay.gbx file. The header includes information such as the Titlepack and which car is used. Those are different from Titlepack to Titlepack obviously and thus compatibility is lacking.

This is really complicated because it is not possible to see the Titlepack of a gbx file without a hex-editor.
Even at the MX BASCO we have the problem that some builders build their part in the TM2 title and others in Valley. Thus the parts build in the TM2 title don't appear, when you want to drive them all in Valley.
It is really confusing and I don't like this behaviour at all, as it costs everyone extra work and extra time to explain it (e.g. now). :?
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
mistAken

Post by mistAken »

Its because the replay is rocorded in the Trackmania2nadeolabs title. Even if you enter the multi envi through say valley, it switchs over to the nadeolabs title.

Its frustrating i know :cry: , but just re hunt ***again through the right title pack if you want to upload on MX

*** EDITED to add again

Return to “Trackmania 2”