Project: Drive All Tracks

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Project: Drive All Tracks

Post by eyebo »

This is a project that I hope a lot of people join in on. It's a lot of fun.

So, the project?

Play through every track on Mania Exchange starting with ID 1, and post replays on every map. And of course award the ones I really liked/had a lot of fun on.

It's rather ambitious, right?

I'm already up to ID 79.

I've seen LoL maps, minis, tech maps, regular maps, fullspeeders, mini trials, and even one RPG so far. I try to finish every track with a time that I'm satisfied with. Sometimes I try to beat AT, sometimes I'm just satisfied to take the WR. Other times I just get a really good run and I leave it at that.

My goal is to someday catch up to the current tracks being posted on MX. Of course I'll continue to play a few newer tracks before I actually get to them in the sequence.

Demise»chuckie has joined me in this project. He's a little ahead of me at this point, but due to the fact he's busy training for a league right now... I hope to catch up soon.

NKAc_Street and Jarektmnx have replays posted on almost every map I've played so far in those first 79 tracks, so it's my guess they're doing this project too. You can tell from the ladder on MX that they've posted thousands of replays already.

Why do I do this project? Simply put, I love playing new tracks!!!

And the diversity of tracks I drive means I have to become a very diverse Canyon driver. I also love seeing all the different ways people approach different aspects of track design. It's a great way to get ideas for your own tracks too.

Join me in this project and have the time of your life! :thumbsup:

-----

As a connected project, I may or may not post videos of every map on MX. I've started to render videos of every replay I post. You can see the videos I've already posted on my alternate youtube account: ManiaExchangeTracks

I'm a little behind on posting videos, but I've decided to forge ahead with testing first. I'll go back and render more of the videos later.

Below you can see the folder structure of how I've been saving replays. After one is rendered to video and posted... I move it to the "archived" folder.

Last edited by eyebo on 25 Jan 2012, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Re: Project: Drive All Tracks

Post by metoxys »

I apologize about my first PF being in the beta and thus undrivable. *sniff sniff*

Drive ALL the tracks! :D
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

That's okay metoxys. ;) Some tracks have also since been deleted by the authors, so I'm obviously skipping over those as well. There is gaps in the IDs. But there's plenty to keep me busy I should think. ;)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

Best of luck eyebo! :shock:
Mania Exchange - Share your maps!

ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z / i7 2600K 3.40Ghz QC / 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 / GTX 560 Ti

Need technical help for ManiaPlanet? Click here. :)
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

eyebo wrote:Join me in this project and have the time of your life!
Your ambition is admirable, but, in a variation on those last words, I'd rather still have a bit of a life. ;)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
AlexKF

Post by AlexKF »

I might start this sometime. It does sound like fun!

It would be cool if you were uploading all those tracks to youtube... almost like a live youtube MX preview :thumbsup:
PapyChampy

Post by PapyChampy »

Gosh Eyebo, I'm afraid you'll encounter some maps that require too much in terms of difficulty.
It will also take you a considerable amount of time...

Good luck mate, you'll need it for sure !

I currently do not have the time to join the project, maybe in a few months. :)
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

AlexKF wrote:It would be cool if you were uploading all those tracks to youtube... almost like a live youtube MX preview :thumbsup:
I'm going to try. ;) I wish I was caught up to the latest tracks coming out though.
PapyChampy wrote:Gosh Eyebo, I'm afraid you'll encounter some maps that require too much in terms of difficulty.
It will also take you a considerable amount of time...
I'm a bit concerned about that too. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to those maps. If that happens, I may have to flag them and come back to them when I have more skill.
PapyChampy wrote:Good luck mate, you'll need it for sure !
I currently do not have the time to join the project, maybe in a few months. :)
Thanks. ;)
fastforza wrote:Best of luck eyebo! :shock:
Thanks. :D
Xymph wrote:
eyebo wrote:Join me in this project and have the time of your life!
Your ambition is admirable, but, in a variation on those last words, I'd rather still have a bit of a life. ;)
I never said how long it would take me. ;) I plan to still have a bit of a life too. But your point is well taken. lol

w1lla

Post by w1lla »

Quite nice project...

Just started and going underway... ;)
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Really nice project Eyebo!!
I hope you can drive more tracks each day then there are added as new tracks, otherwise you cannot reach the final goal which is to drive a track that has just been added :lol:

Your youtubechannel will also be a nice database to check for tracks!
Maybe you could also add a small objective comment on each track, or is it already to late for that.
I think that a small objective comment on each track is more worthy then 20 awards from friends of the trackbuilder.

Perhaps someone could surprise the MXID-Drivers with a special track to honour them and place it somewhere on ManiaExchange, as a special surprise track :D

So keep on driving Eyebo and all other MXID-Drivers!!!

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.

Return to “Trackmania 2”