No Oculus Rift support in newest patch?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

MrA

Re: No Oculus Rift support in newest patch?

Post by MrA »

Rich_hard1 wrote:looks like nadeo took this gift away from us!
No they diddnt. It's that the game requires an update for the DK2 to work.

Have patience :thumbsup:
Last edited by MrA on 22 Sep 2014, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying TMOne
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

MrA wrote:No they diddnt. It's that the game requires an update for the DK2 to work.

Have patience :thumbsup:
;)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
swinn

Post by swinn »

after update, dk2 work but:

-menu are great, but a little small and away, and plz no hmd who follow the head, it's a bad idea,

-when i launch a game (trackmania or shootmania), maniaplanet crash after loading, so impossible to test in game :(
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

swinn wrote:-when i launch a game (trackmania or shootmania), maniaplanet crash after loading, so impossible to test in game :(
When the game is in Occulus mode or in any mode?
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
swinn

Post by swinn »

Oculus mode of course, in normal mode everything works fine.
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

Have you tried to select Oculus's "Extend desktop" display mode ?

The current Oculus's "Direct to HMD" driver looks to be quite buggy (especially in D3D9/Ex).
(I've done many things in ManiaPlanet to avoid theses Oculus driver crashes but I may have missed some of them...)

Thanks
LuckyBoy
MrA

Post by MrA »

So I am away for a few days and I thought, shall i take it with me, or leave it at home? Leave it at home i decided, what could i really need it for over a few days away?

Now i know the answer :lol:
Enjoying TMOne
swinn

Post by swinn »

Yes I select Extend desktop, everything works fine in menu, but when i try to start a game, maniaplanet crash !

The log crash => LogCrash_007AFAEE.txt
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

swinn wrote:Yes I select Extend desktop, everything works fine in menu, but when i try to start a game, maniaplanet crash !

The log crash => LogCrash_007AFAEE.txt
This 'll be fixed in next version.
Thanks
LuckyBoy
MrA

Post by MrA »

Got to try this today, its great. Its kind of surreal to step into a map or track that you created on a 2D screen and then in the rift, you are in it, its all around. Im happy to just go exploring.

The shift + F11 is excellent, its one of the best entry/exit of rift modes I have seen implemented.

World size seems huge, I am going to try reducing it from "1" a little bit and see how that feels

In TM the cars are huge and get in the way a bit, while View 3 (bumper cam) feels a bit low. Crashing though is awesome (and scary). Maybe a 4th view optimised for rift would be nice.

Its really good see you did something with the menu system to make it work inside the rift, but quite often the text is so small, that I cant read it, and even though I pretty much know what all the words say from their shape/length, sometimes even that was not enough.

The parts of the HUD which stay in place when you move your head are kind of odd, I can see the reasoning, I don't know if I like it or not, more playing time would be needed to decide.

My Problem
I have a problem with flicker. It's like the display is flicking on and off really fast, the effect is like one of those old movies you can see, where the projector is trying as hard as it can, but the screen flickers causing a kind of rainy/tearing/washed out effect. I've not had this any other rift demos or games.

I have to put this into context, my PC is 4.5 yrs old running two AMD HD5970 cards in crossfire, and it has always been unstable, not just with MP, but with anything. I am going to disable crossfire and see if its the same. I also have a more modern laptop with a Nvidia card in it, which plays rift demos fine, and runs MP fine, so I am going to try that and see what the result is. I am suspecting that I wont get the problem on my laptop and that its to do with my aged AMD/ATI gfx configuration.

Its really nice to see VR support happening though. :thx:
Enjoying TMOne

Return to “Trackmania 2”