NVIDIA 970 Not a good card for MP - no performance boost

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

Re: No performance win after new graphics card

Post by novationx »

Thanks for the help.

I already have a 144hz monitor ;)
And when my 200fps drops to 150 I can see & feel it. ( its still above 60-80 as u say )

In theory you are right, but nothing is less true. Ask any real gamer if he/she can feel/see the difference between 60 and 100 or 100 and 200fps.

Another reason for my upgrade are ofc the new upcoming games such as far cry 4 etc.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Pedal

Post by Pedal »

I believe you are noticing the fps-drops, not so much the difference in fps. However, you should ask yourself, what is causing the fps-drops? Do a proper clean and install to make sure that all the "basics" are fine. If problems, they will be more prominent when you are playing a more power-hungrig game.

Also, considering you have an 144hz monitor, your "optimal" fps should match that (144 fps = 144 hz)

You'll find some good info on fps here: http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_5.html
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

144 fps = 144 hz is good when you play with vsync... I'm on a laptop with usual 60hz display, and I surely can notice the difference between 70fps and 120fps.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

why do you all have such hight FPS, stop complaining :cry: XD still trying to save enought money. So the 760 isn't good enought need to save 40€ more then expected XD :D
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
novationx

Post by novationx »

oliverde8 wrote:why do you all have such hight FPS, stop complaining :cry: XD still trying to save enought money. So the 760 isn't good enought need to save 40€ more then expected XD :D
I think the 760 is a good card, but I decided to go for the 770 anyways. Its only €20 more in Belgium. Stupid that I didnt take it in the first place -_-

I have maybe enough fps, but ingame I experience drops/stutters etc. Its unplayable.
Ill install my new card next week following all steps you guys instructed me & i hope its fixed then <3
xTnsive

Post by xTnsive »

Just my 2 cents.

Not that I'm having troubles like novationx, but I noticed my general FPS is lower since I have a new GPU (but no drops and thus no problems).

I went from 300 on average, to an average of 250 FPS going from an ATI 7950 to a Nvidia 970 GTX.

Doesn't sound very logical to me :-)
novationx

Post by novationx »

strange :/

maybe we should downgrade to increase our FPS :p
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

as TMarc pointed out earlier new graphic cards are not always better on DX9 games, they are more efficient being able to perform complex operations as single operations but when it comes to brute power old cards can be faster. DX9 games won't use all those optimisation and therefore they will try and use more of the brute power .
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
novationx

Post by novationx »

oliverde8 wrote:as TMarc pointed out earlier new graphic cards are not always better on DX9 games, they are more efficient being able to perform complex operations as single operations but when it comes to brute power old cards can be faster. DX9 games won't use all those optimisation and therefore they will try and use more of the brute power .
Then can u explain to me why there are some players getting 400-500+ fps? Which card is it?
And please dont reply : "why do u need that much FPS?"

Thank you :thx:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

on which games exactly? :?

they certainly have considerably reduced quality settings, and probably have dual- or triple-SLI/-Crossfire setup.
2 GPU is not necessarily 2x - as 3 GPU is also not necessarily 3x - the speed of one GPU.
But if you have already say 150 FPS with one GPU, you might reach 250 with 2 and 350~400 with 3 GPU.
Now if you have a dual-GPU card and use that 2x or 3x, and use heavy overclocking of CPU and GPUs, this could explain such high fps ratings.

But there is neither any single screen that can display this, nor can human eye really recognize that.
It is simply technically not reasonable.

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”