[REQUEST] Default Crosshair "brighter"

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

l1nkin

[REQUEST] Default Crosshair "brighter"

Post by l1nkin »

Hey guys,

I tried to open up the default crosshair on Photoshop or/and even Paint.net to modify the laser/trilaser crosshair to make it brighter but i don't see the 3 small triangles in the middle of the cross.

Where can i find them? Is there a way to make it whiter? It's not bright enough in my opinion and makes you lose focus.

Thanks for any help!

// l1nkin
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [REQUEST] Default Crosshair "brighter"

Post by Fix »

could you post some pictures to illustrate your problem please?
l1nkin

Post by l1nkin »

Well do you really need it?

I mean, it's on the default cross when using the Laser. In the middle of the cross, you kind of have 3 tiny triangles (white) that are there. But they kind of look grey-ish. I just wanna know if there is a way to make them brighter, or even change the color of it.
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

modifiy the CrosshairTrilLaser texture, there is a white dot at the bottom, which is the part you need to modify. it's already white, there is black parts too, to help aim on bright wall, or sky.
You can colorize it, use pure green, it will then be team colored.
g1ock.0ut

Post by g1ock.0ut »

Fix wrote:modifiy the CrosshairTrilLaser texture, there is a white dot at the bottom, which is the part you need to modify. it's already white, there is black parts too, to help aim on bright wall, or sky.
You can colorize it, use pure green, it will then be team colored.
So far I've figured out that green is team color and black is transparent. Is white white?

I'm not an experienced texture artist and this sort of thing doesn't make much sense to me (and probably a lot of other people) is there any way of organizing a list of rules so that I can predict the outcome of my cross hairs w/o endless trial and error?
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

white is white yes, but if alpha channel isn't white, that means it's partially transparent and at the end will not be white-white ^_^.
eiphi

Post by eiphi »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvm0be1mzrlmw ... fault4.zip

Here is default rail crosshair i made it a bit "brighter" using green colour. Personally i think this is far better than default one, cause now u can actually see those three little dots

Return to “Workbench”