"Enviroments" of ShootMania

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Trackmaniack

Re: "Enviroments" of ShootMania

Post by Trackmaniack »

What do you mean by handle differently? This is a person, not a car. And remember, TM is all about tweaking and changing the genre to places it's never been before. With the first TM, no one had ever seen a game quite like it before. I'm sure they'll do the same with SM and QM.
WIP
pjw
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by pjw »

Trackmaniack wrote:What do you mean by handle differently? This is a person, not a car.
This game could be treated very similarly though.

Perhaps the cryo guy will be a big nordic brute who moves relatively slowly and takes a lot of damage before going down, and can heal quickly and carry enough weight to allow for a heavy MG, ammo, and maybe a shotgun for a backup weapon, and some explosives as well.

The "heat" guy, on the other hand, moves very quickly, shoots very quickly (smg?), but will quickly run out of ammo if you're careless, and then you have to resort to stealth and a dagger to get the job done, or scavenge weapons from fallen enemies...

Of course it's all pure speculation at this point, but if they want a similar game-structure to TM, I could see them doing it this way... :)
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

pjw wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:What do you mean by handle differently? This is a person, not a car.
This game could be treated very similarly though.

Perhaps the cryo guy will be a big nordic brute who moves relatively slowly and takes a lot of damage before going down, and can heal quickly and carry enough weight to allow for a heavy MG, ammo, and maybe a shotgun for a backup weapon, and some explosives as well.

The "heat" guy, on the other hand, moves very quickly, shoots very quickly (smg?), but will quickly run out of ammo if you're careless, and then you have to resort to stealth and a dagger to get the job done, or scavenge weapons from fallen enemies...

Of course it's all pure speculation at this point, but if they want a similar game-structure to TM, I could see them doing it this way... :)
Hmm. This is true, and an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. *goes to ponder* ;)
WIP
AngelFred

Post by AngelFred »

bobbotheclown wrote:I dont think environments would be a good idea, time settings would be better.

civil war

ww1

ww2

vietnam

modern

future/scifi

I think these should be the ''environments'' in shootmania
I know that they unveiled an environment but this way is good i think too. This would be very cool to play as a Rebel of teh American Revolution and then, after the game, you change map and become a Rambo like guy in the vietnam war.

Also a mode of game like a Rambo-mode would be cool. I explain, you are like all against each other and you got to take like 5 things in the maps (example: dog tags) and when you kill someone with some he dropped it. And when someone get the 5 dog tags, he become the Rambo. He has to kill everyone or to get to a specify place to win. All the other are now in team and have to kill it. The twist is that Rambo got like 3 very powerful gun (a big very fast MG with almost infinite ammo(like 1000 rounds), a flamethrower with a very wide range and a grenade-launcher or a bazooka) and a big armor. It would be cool.
It's a little bit like the Spy Hunt in combat arms to the ones who played it. Very funny. Fast or long depending on the capacities of each one (a very good player could finish the game in like 2 min but when everyone is equal it could be like 20 min).

Voilà! :mrgreen:
La vie est belle!
banjee

Post by banjee »

bobbotheclown wrote:I dont think environments would be a good idea, time settings would be better.

civil war

ww1

ww2

vietnam

modern

future/scifi

I think these should be the ''environments'' in shootmania
I think that it would not be good to have time periods as enviroments but rather certain ecosystems similar to trackmania such as desert and snow...... I think it wouls be cool to have a shoot mania canyon enviroment and you could play while cars were racing :P
djthom

Post by djthom »

banjee wrote:I think that it would not be good to have time periods as enviroments but rather certain ecosystems similar to trackmania such as desert and snow...... I think it wouls be cool to have a shoot mania canyon enviroment and you could play while cars were racing :P
Quite cool :D
AngelFred wrote:I know that they unveiled an environment but this way is good i think too. This would be very cool to play as a Rebel of teh American Revolution and then, after the game, you change map and become a Rambo like guy in the vietnam war.

Also a mode of game like a Rambo-mode would be cool. I explain, you are like all against each other and you got to take like 5 things in the maps (example: dog tags) and when you kill someone with some he dropped it. And when someone get the 5 dog tags, he become the Rambo. He has to kill everyone or to get to a specify place to win. All the other are now in team and have to kill it. The twist is that Rambo got like 3 very powerful gun (a big very fast MG with almost infinite ammo(like 1000 rounds), a flamethrower with a very wide range and a grenade-launcher or a bazooka) and a big armor. It would be cool.
It's a little bit like the Spy Hunt in combat arms to the ones who played it. Very funny. Fast or long depending on the capacities of each one (a very good player could finish the game in like 2 min but when everyone is equal it could be like 20 min).

Voilà! :mrgreen:
OMG I nearly couldn't stop laughing, but that idea is GENIUS!!!! :lol:
Best Regards,
Thompson

"Skill ist, wenn Luck zur Gewohnheit wird."
"Skill is, when Luck becomes usual."
SaW 6h Race
AngelFred

Post by AngelFred »

Lol thanks djthom :P
La vie est belle!
Drace

Post by Drace »

First one seems to be "Storm". No Idea what that is, but they cancelled Cryo just like Valley. :?
djthom

Post by djthom »

Yeah, that confused me too :?
Best Regards,
Thompson

"Skill ist, wenn Luck zur Gewohnheit wird."
"Skill is, when Luck becomes usual."
SaW 6h Race
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

They didn't 'cancel' Cryo...I'll bet they're pushing it back in order to make it more epic.
WIP

Return to “Shootmania”