[Poll]SuperKeys too expensive? Matchmaker restriction's bad?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

What changes should be made to the invite system? (Multiple Choices Allowed)

Super Keys should be cheaper.
30%
Players should be allowed to browse servers.
22%
Players should be allowed more than 3 games per day.
27%
Players should be forced to take a break after so many days instead of having a daily games limit.
12%
No changes should be made.
9%

Total votes: 67

andrewcandoall

[Poll]SuperKeys too expensive? Matchmaker restriction's bad?

Post by andrewcandoall »

If you don't know what this is about click here

Well let's face it. Calling this Invite System Free2Play is like calling Star Wars the Old Republic Free2Play. Technically they are both free but you feel more like a prisoner than a paying customer.

SWTOR F2P Chart

5k Planets for a Super Key?
Nadeo doesn't seem to realize the value of planets in their ingame economy. 5,000 Planets is a lot. You need 40k planets to buy an 80k server. Which is the standard for Elite servers these days. Since I've started playing Shootmania I've probably made 15-20k planets. I had to get planets from my friends to fund my 2 80k servers. If I only had the planets I earned I could get maybe 3 super keys. And I can't get more planets in Elite since I'm already around the 75k lp mark. It will cost 80k planets for 90k servers. Nadeo acts like planets grow on trees. You can't even buy them with real money and they expect us to beable to spend 5k planets on a whim. For someone whose not even guaranteed to buy the game. It should be no more than 1,000 planets. Enough that whenever a new player buys the game they can give out 5 super keys to their friends.

3 Games?
Nadeo expects 3 games a day to be enough to convince a player to buy a game. How about 3 games and then a 30 minute break. Also allowing them to spectate for their break. This was something discussed in the alpha for the Invite system that was never commented on. It would likely keep players interested as this game is fun to watch.

Matchmaker Only?
Only being able to play in the matchmaker is a horrible idea. While in Europe there is a 2 minute wait time for a match in North America it says the average wait is 30 minutes. You think someone will wait 30 minutes to play a game for the first time. Not likely. Also that means their friends that invited them will have to play in matchmaker and it's random maps. This is much worse when we are practicing for ESWC, ESL, and other things. We want to play the maps we like. Not these random maps you give us.

You already have enough limitations for this Invite System like No Map Editor, Elite Only, and not being able to change name, model, horn, crosshair, etc. There is no need to go over the top like SWTOR. Look how that turned out. It is one of the biggest jokes of a f2p system to this date.
dreammyw0w

Re: [Poll]SuperKeys too expensive? Matchmaker restriction's

Post by dreammyw0w »

I prefere timelimits over matchlimits.

Sometimes i just want to be able to play 2-3h in a row and just focus on 1 game. Thats also how you can really understand and get used to a game. And maybe eventually buy it.

1 free key should be 1 free hour. If ur hour is over u can finish the match ur in & after that match its game over.
MuNgLo

Post by MuNgLo »

For me the matchmaker only makes the whole thing useless.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

The most annoying thing is team support :D free players can't play on clan servers so for what team if he can't play on cups etc ?
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

The entire thing is a joke, no more no less.

They should've made Elite a simple F2P with restrictions like no custom horn, no skins, no mediatracker, no map editor but full access to browse servers, playtime and everything else that comes with Elite.

Atleast that would get people the feeling of the game itself and might make them buy the game. I find it hard to believe anyone would ever buy a game based on 3 matches a day using a joke of a matchmakingsystem (It's been explained before why your current matchmakingsystem is a joke, but you didn't listen, YOU DIDNT LISTEN!) (I don't expect you to get this South Park reference there, but hey, enjoy it anyways)
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

Comparing to compeletely free access, current system prevents the flood of immature kids, raging, bming, abusing votekicks, votebans, reports and simply playing inadequatly. Newcomers might join servers with high ranked players and ruin the gameplay not even realising it or not paying attention to rank or simply might not care. There would be so much frustration.
Overall the system makes sense to me. Restriction to matchmaking is reasonable, see above why, considering average waiting time was 3 minutes last time I checked. Yes, keys are too expensive and 3 games per day is too short, IMO.
andrewcandoall

Post by andrewcandoall »

Alexey85 wrote:Comparing to compeletely free access, current system prevents the flood of immature kids, raging, bming, abusing votekicks, votebans, reports and simply playing inadequatly. Newcomers might join servers with high ranked players and ruin the gameplay not even realising it or not paying attention to rank or simply might not care. There would be so much frustration.
Overall the system makes sense to me. Restriction to matchmaking is reasonable, see above why, considering average waiting time was 3 minutes last time I checked. Yes, keys are too expensive and 3 games per day is too short, IMO.
You don't understand, the matchmaker is useless in North America because we don't have enough players to support it therefore getting new players is harder for us compared to you all.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

andrewcandoall wrote:
Alexey85 wrote:Comparing to compeletely free access, current system prevents the flood of immature kids, raging, bming, abusing votekicks, votebans, reports and simply playing inadequatly. Newcomers might join servers with high ranked players and ruin the gameplay not even realising it or not paying attention to rank or simply might not care. There would be so much frustration.
You don't understand, the matchmaker is useless in North America because we don't have enough players to support it therefore getting new players is harder for us compared to you all.
Before me posting, I read your post quite some time ago, and forgot that you were saying about matchmaking in North America, right before posting I just saw "30 minutes" in huge font and I was thinking about Europe, checked the waiting time which was 3 minutes. Excuse me my negligence, please. Agree that if waiting time takes 30 minutes, the current approach might be not effective. Maybe now the situation changed? Did you check? I mean look at least in evenings when there is most activity.
andrewcandoall

Post by andrewcandoall »

Yeah I never see more than like 4 people in the MatchMaker usually at anyone time unless we leave the servers we are in to join our invite system friends to get a game started.

Also this is me on skype trying to get a friend to try the game.
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

Now I think it would be great to give access to servers to those who was invited with SuperKeys. Most likely people give SuperKeys to friends and would explain things to them, so issues regarding ranks, that I assume above, would be insignificant or no at all.

Return to “Shootmania”