[Tools] Spectator Mode and Replays saving

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Zooz

Re: [Tools] Spectator Mode and Replays saving

Post by Zooz »

It's nice to have expert input on spectator functions, but maybe it would also be informative to ask real spectators who aren't pro players :D

if they exist
Image [CMC]Zooz | tracks - team - youtubes - ET competitions
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

I am a real spectator Zooz...

And frost: I know what you are talking about and I know your point (it is kinda old tbh). But let's wait if Florent is willed to say anything about it.

Until then: This is a TM2 forum post and should remain about TM2, not about TMUF vs TMNF. I personally hate the discussion as well, so please just stick with the topic, thanks!
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
FrostBeule

Post by FrostBeule »

as a last thought: TMNF does alot of good things for TMUF. it gives Nadeo alot of publicity and it makes people discover TMUF. to keep working with that kind of concept for TM2 makes quite alot of sense imo. so i dont think it would be totally illogical if Nadeo would implement some updates/maniaplanet features in TMNF and keep supporting it as a way to give publicity to TM2 just as they do to advertise TMUF. the esports scene would become pleased, and Nadeo would be able to advertise TM2. it's a win-win situation.

DD: Florent always gives super vague answers about it. i guess i'm just frustrated about it and hijacked your topic. sorry about that! but really, since you're teh esports guy in our community, i thought it was pretty weird that you wanted all that stuff in TM2 over TMNF.

so by all means... please continue on topic.
Last edited by FrostBeule on 16 Jun 2010, 15:40, edited 5 times in total.
Raxor

Post by Raxor »

if you are going for suggestions to improve the replay features. One thing i would like to see is split screen replays (ie more than one camera on screen at once), this could make for some interesting replays.
Vuvuzelas for life! http://www.tm-exchange.com
#et.tm @ Quakenet
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

Another one for spectator mode is also a function to send records from the server to the relay. At the moment only fast has it but why can't it be built ingame
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
Ruhson

Post by Ruhson »

I really hope Nadeo will modernize TMNF as time goes. Nations is an important "stonekey" in tm-society, you can't afford to loose that. I hope you didn't call it Forever for nothing.

My biggest wish for the next generation of tmnf is to finetune the physics... (get rid of the bugs). And make some changes for easier mapping. There's of cource much more, but this is what i don't like about this game atm.
I don't mind paying for this update, as long as it's worth it (and i get a beta key for tm2!).

*Sry for offtopic, i forgot myself!
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia »

About the topic:
In general, DeathDrivers suggestions are quite nice. Personally I wouldn't stick too much into the replay features, in my opionion replays do not have any use except driving directly against them. But to extend the spectator mode on a more professional and complex level is definitely a good idea. In the modern world, the live event is THE thing, most people are interested in. The fun is to spectate a huge event live, together with many people (cf public viewing for football worldcup, or cf ice hockey worldcup opening game this year). The technic (in terms of functions, possibilities for the spectator on spectator servers) should support this type of event and not constrain it. So all of DDs propositions on the specmode topic are very useful.
Raxor

Post by Raxor »

Maybe of a method to send the specdata direct to a webstream so it is more like watching a match on tv (instead of a relay etc)?
Vuvuzelas for life! http://www.tm-exchange.com
#et.tm @ Quakenet
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

Raxor wrote:if you are going for suggestions to improve the replay features. One thing i would like to see is split screen replays (ie more than one camera on screen at once), this could make for some interesting replays.
isnt that possible already Raxor? You can switch camera in replay edit mode and therefore look on it at different views. Or do you mean have 2 views at the same time? Would be a good extension imo!
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

partly from the suggestions DD made, i personally favor easier saving of replays myself. i don't really care how, but easier at least. also, a bit of information such as cp-times wouldn't hurt either. oh, and i personally would like it that online replays won't end exactly at the finish anymore, since that would definitely improve possibilities for video-makers. ;)
CMC JumperJackツ

Return to “Trackmania 2”